schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
I listen to The Starting Line's live album from time to time
05:42 PM on 03/22/12
ssbsts1988
Freelance Graphic Designer
User Info.

I originally "leaked" the jesse concert. Someone on a brand new fan site i was a moderator on, passed it my way, i think her friend had recorded it straight from the soundboard. It was one long mp3 file in 160kbps quality. I remember listening to it for the first time and thinking how incredible it was. At that time youtube wasnt what it is now and to my knowledge there had only been a couple of brand new acoustic recordings officially released as b-sides at that time. I went to the official bn forum to talk about it and was shocked no one had heard of it, within an hour i had nearly 1000 pm's from people asking for links. It was incredible. So i split it up into seperate tracks and put it up on sendspace. The link was up on the official forum for about 10 minutes before it got removed by a moderator for breaking rules, distributing the bands music around. 10 minutes was all it needed as the link spread like wildfire and i kept seeing it on every forum and music site i seemed to go on. I still get a little buzz from hearing people talk about it, knowing I played a part in getting it out there. It makes me wonder what other treasures there are out there locked on hard drives and might never get heard by the bands fans.

Jesse at the downtown is definately my favourite live recording, especially for the jawbreaker and nmh covers. And hearing how relaxed and happy jesse sounds.
05:45 PM on 03/22/12
ship of fools
hello
User Info.
I have friends that will only listen to live albums...never understood it. They claim they'd rather hear them how they actually sound, even if it is through a camera phone.

Undone EP Acceptance, Underoath's live, and Muse's live stuff are the only live albums I will occasionally listen to.
05:52 PM on 03/22/12
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
The live version of "Peggy Sue" on Mark, Tom and Travis show is just too awesome.

In general I enjoy live albums, though not much. I'd rather see the artist live, it's just a whole different world. No live album Sam Beam could ever do would ever capture what I saw in Ann Arbor a couple years ago, it was magic.
05:57 PM on 03/22/12
ParkAvenue
Death Before Decaf
User Info.
I usually don't listen to live albums unless they're particularly good (like Thrice's or the last Have Heart show DVD ), but when I was younger, I'd always listen to the NOFX, Reel Big Fish, and Blink live albums because they're so damn funny. Just downloaded the Jesse Lacey bootleg. It's amazing.
06:01 PM on 03/22/12
mkohler
Get Myself Together
User Info.
Audio:
Survive, Kaleidoscope - Underoath
Live in London - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show - blink-182
also the bootleg of the NYE Brand New show is pretty nice.

Video/DVD:
Tell Me What Rockers To Swallow - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I also really like Armor For Sleep's DVD A Comprehensive Guide To Touring, it's relevant because it has some live footage I guess.
06:06 PM on 03/22/12
bobbyblacks
User Info.
I originally "leaked" the jesse concert. Someone on a brand new fan site i was a moderator on, passed it my way, i think her friend had recorded it straight from the soundboard. It was one long mp3 file in 160kbps quality. I remember listening to it for the first time and thinking how incredible it was. At that time youtube wasnt what it is now and to my knowledge there had only been a couple of brand new acoustic recordings officially released as b-sides. I went to the official bn forum to talk about it and was shocked no one had heard of it, within an hour i had nearly 1000 pm's from people asking for links. It was incredible. So i split it up into seperate tracks and put it up on sendspace. The link was up on the official forum for about 10 minutes before it got removed by a moderator for breaking rules sending music around. 10 minutes was all it needed as the link spread like wildfire and i kept seeing it every forum and music site i seemed to go on. I sti get a little buzz from hearing people talk about it, knowing I played a part in getting it out there. It makes me wonder what other treasures there are out there locked on hard drives and might never get heard by the bands fans.

Jesse at the downtown is definately my favourite live recording, especially for the jawbreaker and nmh covers. And hearing how relaxed and happy jesse sounds.
holy fucking shit. thats crazy. thank you so much for spreading it around. great music is great music, it'll never get released, i don't understand why people would want to withhold it and cause people to miss out on something unforgettable. fucking rad of you for doing what you did, one appreciative fan to another
06:06 PM on 03/22/12
sammyboy516
User Info.
06:08 PM on 03/22/12
nashiscash1324
alright alright alright
User Info.
John Mayer - Live in Los Angeles
Maná - Unplugged

Other than these two I am not a big fan of live albums. For me nothing can substitute the live show and energy that comes with it.
06:08 PM on 03/22/12
boomerangslang
blackest black ever
User Info.
Big Black's bootleg, Death Wish. They were pretty noisy and the live recording made their songs sound even harsher, which rules.
06:19 PM on 03/22/12
makeasound
start appreciating yourself
User Info.
Fenix TX - Purple Reign in Blood Live.
This came out the day I saw FTX live for the first time. Bought it at the show and listened to it the entire way home. Great record.

Other favorites:
The Beatles - Live at the Hollywood Bowl
Paul McCartney & Wings - Wings Over America
Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young - 4-Way Street
06:27 PM on 03/22/12
Joey (J-Train)
elcochino
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Colors live- Between the buried and me
Glassjaw bootleg
Forgot the name of that one Get Up Kids live album
Gogol Bordello bootleg
Rammstein bootleg
My favorites are pretty much bootlegs
06:34 PM on 03/22/12
rossyboy8
you've given me a heart like a gun
User Info.
I originally "leaked" the jesse concert. Someone on a brand new fan site i was a moderator on, passed it my way, i think her friend had recorded it straight from the soundboard. It was one long mp3 file in 160kbps quality. I remember listening to it for the first time and thinking how incredible it was. At that time youtube wasnt what it is now and to my knowledge there had only been a couple of brand new acoustic recordings officially released as b-sides. I went to the official bn forum to talk about it and was shocked no one had heard of it, within an hour i had nearly 1000 pm's from people asking for links. It was incredible. So i split it up into seperate tracks and put it up on sendspace. The link was up on the official forum for about 10 minutes before it got removed by a moderator for breaking rules sending music around. 10 minutes was all it needed as the link spread like wildfire and i kept seeing it every forum and music site i seemed to go on. I sti get a little buzz from hearing people talk about it, knowing I played a part in getting it out there. It makes me wonder what other treasures there are out there locked on hard drives and might never get heard by the bands fans.

Hah shit, I would've been one of those PMers. Thanks again, love that bootleg!
06:52 PM on 03/22/12
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
Kanye West- Late Orchestrations.
As I lay Dying- This is who we are ( if that counts)
Thrice - Live at the house of blues.
06:58 PM on 03/22/12
gman610
Second Best
User Info.
Two of my favorite bootlegs:

David Bazan - Live at the Grey Eagle
Radiohead - Berlin, 2000.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives