AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 232
03:35 PM on 03/22/12
sajamie81
User Info.
For me, I love live albums of bands I might not ever see.They can put you right there in the shows and you can feel the energy of that band live. The Fat Wreck "Live in a Dive" Series was awesome, and I own No Use for a Name, Lagwagon, Strung Out, and even Swingin Utters Live in a Dive. Sure studio albums can get you the quality of the band. But I think energy and intensity of a band beats quality any day of the week.
03:36 PM on 03/22/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
That My Morning Jacket one is gold. Forget the correct spelling, so I won't even wing it.
03:36 PM on 03/22/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
So far - seems live albums are not much loved.
03:37 PM on 03/22/12
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
I didn't know this either.

Feel like TBS is something better experienced live - than listened to live. Is it any good?
Well Live at Bamboozle and Live from Orensanz are both with Matt Fazzi.

There are some really good versions of "You Know How I Do" and "Set Phasers to Stun" on live from Bamboozle.
03:38 PM on 03/22/12
georgedcc
User Info.
The Bob Dylan bootlegs could be ranked completely separately. Heh.

You know, I don't think I ever heard that Green Day one. Weird. I remember it coming out - and I just ignored it I guess.
The Green Day one is pretty good as a CD on its own, but its the DVD that's the best part about it. I think that's true for a lot live albums, if it comes with a recording of the show and maybe a documentary about the band, I'd be much more inclined to check it out.

Thursday's - Kill All The House Lights is the best way to do it. It comes with a CD containing B-sides, Demos and a few new songs, a DVD containing a full show and a big documentary about the whole history of the band. Somebody has ripped the audio from the DVD as well, so I've got a bootleg of sorts from the show as well. Great value for money.
03:39 PM on 03/22/12
KidASquared
sung by a hack
User Info.
Kicking Television: Live in Chicago - Wilco
I prefer some renditions of songs on that live album over their studio version
03:40 PM on 03/22/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
The Green Day one is pretty good as a CD on its own, but its the DVD that's the best part about it. I think that's true for a lot live albums, if it comes with a recording of the show and maybe a documentary about the band, I'd be much more inclined to check it out.

Thursday's - Kill All The House Lights is the best way to do it. It comes with a CD containing B-sides, Demos and a few new songs, a DVD containing a full show and a big documentary about the whole history of the band. Somebody has ripped the audio from the DVD as well, so I've got a bootleg of sorts from the show as well. Great value for money.
I totally forgot about that release.

That is a good package.
KidASquared
sung by a hack
User Info.
That My Morning Jacket one is gold. Forget the correct spelling, so I won't even wing it.
Okonokos! yes, that album is tight
Jason Tate
User Info.
Well Live at Bamboozle and Live from Orensanz are both with Matt Fazzi.

There are some really good versions of "You Know How I Do" and "Set Phasers to Stun" on live from Bamboozle.
Ah, so I wouldn't like it much. Hah.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I love live DVDs, but I don't like live albums at all. If I want to hear the music, I'd rather listen to the CD. If I want to get a live feel, I want to watch a DVD. I only really enjoy live material when it's something rare (cover, acoustic, etc.), but even then I'd much prefer a studio version.

That said, The Mark, Tom & Travis Show is one of my all-time favorite albums because it was how I first heard Blink's pre-Enema material. I also attribute much of my immature sense of humor to that record.
03:41 PM on 03/22/12
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
Dashboard's unplugged live album with the people singing along sounds SO AWKWARD.

My votes go to
Blink - mark Tom and Travis show
Both NOFX
Both Green Day
NFG This Disaster live in London (got the rip from bsides r us)
Less Than Jake - Live in Minneapolis (whole thing was on pure volume years back)
Taylor Swift's live CD and DVD of her world tour my mom got me for Christmas is pretty good too
03:42 PM on 03/22/12
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Ah, so I wouldn't like it much. Hah.
Not a Fazzi fan? I thought the writing on the only Fazzi album wasn't good, but I enjoy his voice very much so.
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
Reel Big Fish - Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album is the only one I ever really cared for. It's funny and the songs sound better on there than on the records themselves...
Besides, it even says it on the tin.
CemO
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I dig Muse's live H.A.A.R.P album, awesome stuff
Jason Tate
User Info.
I need more live DVDs.

Panic's is pretty cool.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE