AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Audition News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Audition
Inside AP.net

Tour Blog: Tim From The Audition (Entry 4)

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/22/12)
Today we have our fourth installment of The Audition's tour blog.
Tour BlogWelllllll holy shit is it really that time again?!?! It must be because the stitches in my hand have finally healed. For those who don't know I got 8 stitches in my hand at the beginning of this tour. Its healing process has been how I have been keeping time. (I'll attach a picture)It feels like I was just in Cleveland the other day. I swear to you this tour has been a complete blur and I promise its not due to the alcohol. Ok, maybe a little bit. The funny thing is we went from Chicago to the east coast then traveled all the way to the west coast then all the way back to the east coast and back to Chicago in 4 weeks. If that isn't an insane amount of traveling I don't know what is. In saying that I realize how much I get to see in comparison to most people, I have a perspective that not many people can compare too. I tell you if you ever get a chance to travel all over doing absolutely anything, TAKE IT. You will not regret it. Save the sitting around for when your old.

It makes me sad to think this tour is actually coming to an end. I could not say enough about the Every Avenue guys. Something about the chemistry between our two bands just mixes right. I have been touring now about 6 years and I can only say a handful of bands or people have had the kind of friendship that we have with those guys. Its been even more surprising how these shows the last couple weeks have really been. I know that this is our first tour out in just under 2 years, but good god I feel like we never even left. The support for this new EP has actually been overwhelming. Las Vegas even though I started sippin and gambling a little around 730 AM was sweet. People gripe about Las Vegas not being the best place for a show, but from my stand point thats a lie. After that show a handful of our fans even went out for a night on the town shout out to Nick Minucci who moved there from Chicago. Then to I think to everyones surprise, because its been almost 5 years since we have been in Albuquerque, NM, the show was fuckin nuts, emphasis on fuckin. I send a thank you to everyone that came to that show. You all screaming the words back in our faces means the most to us. Thats the epitome of dedication.

And then came the dirty south. I have never been more exhausted after 4 days and 4 nights in Texas. First stop was the Never Say Never festival. Good lord could it have been anymore hot. It was funny because all my guys were giving me shit for not hanging in the sun the first half the day, of course after that day they all have burnt red farmers tans. Besides the heat though I really enjoyed this festival good mix of hip hop, rock, and metal. Shout out to @markyland because he killed it after we played. Of course after this festival was the famed SXSW or some would say the music industries spring break. Spring break is almost an understatement this is like Mardi Gras of the music industry. I have never seen so many people playing music congregate in one place at the same time. And the river of drinks flow from 10AM to 4AM so the party is pretty non stop. Our showcase at the 311 club was beyond great! Thank you Chis Beaven for making that happen on such short notice. After our showcase it was on from there let the party begin. To sum it up quickly by midnight the second night Joe and Ryan were on stage for Every Avenues set dive bombing the crowd. I think the last time I saw these guys do that might be Knights of Columbus days way back when. Also Jimmy may or may not have been molested by some intoxicated older woman he can't quite remember it all. Then I somehow wandered my way to the front of the Woodie Awards, which some of you may have seen me. Don't ask how I got there. All in all this tour and everything else surrounding it has been absolutely amazing. I wish to only do it again sometime. Come on out to the last shows hope to see you guys in CHICAGO especially!

PS Remember we are playing shows with Mariana's Trench, going to the UK slam-dunk fest, and then going on tour with EVE 6 after this! Catch you all there!!! Enjoy the funny pics.

-TIM

"If nobody is laughing at your dreams then they are not big enough"

Miss the other ones? Number 1, 2, and 3 are all available for your enjoyment.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
04:58 PM on 03/22/12
Jason Tate
User Info.

05:03 PM on 03/22/12
stuckonsmile
Singer; songwriter youtube/mrowks
User Info.
wow! what happened to his hand?
They sound like a great bunch of guys.
05:31 PM on 03/22/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Outch, the hand.
08:02 PM on 03/22/12
gold soundz
User Info.
the last time I saw these guys was with aiden, the junior varsity and the hurt process. that will change once they roll through with eve 6.
09:00 PM on 03/22/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Thanks for the NM love haha. Man seeing them made my year. For real.
05:36 AM on 03/23/12
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
User Info.
God damn I would love to hang out with these guys haha. Stoked they're back at Slam Dunk year.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests