AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 119
09:17 AM on 03/26/12
shwaz499
User Info.
I remember sitting with like 20 friends in the 8th grade crowded around the computer watching the video for "Great Romances of the 20th Century" in awe of how cool that band was.
09:18 AM on 03/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Flaaaaaavaaaaa Flllaaaav
09:18 AM on 03/26/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I grew up with Where You Want to Be, not this album. I didn't start listening to this one until 2009 but couldn't stop listening to it once I did. It just hooked me in and the raw energy of a lot of the songs keeps you wanting more and blasting them in the car. My actual favorite song by TBS is The Ballad of Sal Villanueva, which wasn't on the original release but that song pretty much sums up the entire album. My favorite album from TBS is Where You Want to Be however.
I like that song but I think they could of improved the quality. It is great but sounds very distorted (have listened to it on both cd and vinyl and heard the same issue)
09:19 AM on 03/26/12
chrisstahl
chris
User Info.
Tell all my friends what?
09:21 AM on 03/26/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
The back and forth vocals of Adam and John are why i still go to this album. Such a solid album from start to finish.
09:22 AM on 03/26/12
Amongster
Again And Again
User Info.
Never really bothered me that they couldn't live up to this album...I'm just glad we have it.

Fucking thank you. Exactly how I feel.
09:22 AM on 03/26/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
that would be amazing since they have the old lineup. I would kill to see that.
I saw it at Bamboozle this past year! Was cool
09:24 AM on 03/26/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I saw it at Bamboozle this past year! Was cool
I bet. It is probably the only album by TBS I know every song so it would be great to see them all live in order.
09:25 AM on 03/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Fucking thank you. Exactly how I feel.

I cant say that about every band (say anything), but TBS I'm cool with. I only have TAYF on my iPod now. My cousin was close with Eddie and he has some funny stories about Adam when they were all younger.
09:26 AM on 03/26/12
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
My brother got me this and Where You Want To Be at the same time right when WYWTB came out. Needess to say, I fell in love with both and TBS held a spot in my top 5 favorite bands ever since. This album, and even the next one, is a masterpiece front to back. I always have good memories of this album. I blast it in my car on a regular basis
09:29 AM on 03/26/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I was 11 when this came out, so obviously I didn't get into it till much later, probably never heard it till I was like 16 actually, after I had already listened to Green Day, Yellowcard, New Found Glory, etc, for a long time. I still like Where You Want To Be and Louder Now but TAYF is the uncontested career album for TBS, the rawness and energy make it relevant at all times. I don't listen to it too often, but when I do it's on binges and it's usually when I'm feeling lonely.
09:29 AM on 03/26/12
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Probably my favorite album of all time, I wouldn't change a single thing about any song on it. The dueling vocals are what really grabbed my attention.
09:31 AM on 03/26/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I've actually been seeing more and more people say as of late that WYWTB is their favorite/best TBS record
09:37 AM on 03/26/12
roberthuston
User Info.
Good short write-up via Original Post by Thomas. I still remember hear Ghost Man on Third for the first time, still stuck with me as number 1. Curious what albums early fans of this album are listening to now. I know I've changed, I highly doubt they are still listening to the same artist's albums. If you are, kudos to you, but for new albums that strike me as much as this album did back in school is currently Pianos Become the Teeth. As well as the latest phoenix wolfgang album first listening reminded me of the first listen of TAYF - instantly good music at first taste.

Neat. 10 years. Seems like more.
09:40 AM on 03/26/12
thirtyfourdays
Brandon
User Info.
Happy Birthday TAYF. Thank you Taking Back Sunday for the album that changed music for me forever.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos