Username
Password
Money News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Money
Inside AP.net

Ice Nine Kills Raising Money For New Album

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/26/12)
Maybe Ice Nine Kills should add some "Fuck Jason Tate" t-shirts to their "perks" on the not-kickstarter-but-totally-kickstarter page for raising money for their new album? I'm thinking of donating just to get my picture on their Facebook page and name in the liner notes.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
10:16 AM on 03/26/12
sammyboy516
User Info.
PLEASE do it. That would be so hilarious. And they'd have to do it haha
10:19 AM on 03/26/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is this literally just a copy of Kickstarter...?
10:22 AM on 03/26/12
gregplaysdrums
Drummer
User Info.
Wow... none of those perks actually include a copy of this new album of theirs.
10:24 AM on 03/26/12
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
You should do the one where you hang out with them for a day and make it really awkward.

Why did they make those shirts?

Also, Kickstarter ripoff is lol.
10:39 AM on 03/26/12
Stormsubsides
User Info.
This band is a joke, furthermore this is the worst idea I've seen in sometime...
10:49 AM on 03/26/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Maybe it's just my lack of knowing how much an album costs, but if you're sinking every nickel and penny into your recording, then why are you asking your fans for $10,000?

I can understand a couple hundred dollars, maybe several thousand dollars, but $10k just seems ridiculous.
10:53 AM on 03/26/12
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
User Info.
Lolz. These packages are awful. One day with the band and free shows for life for $2000? Why is it an extra $1000 bucks to get free shows for life? Does this band even tour throughout the U.S. a lot? Pretty sure they have only been here once or twice, if at all. Seems like they are just trying to not pay for anything while giving fans little in return for their support.
11:03 AM on 03/26/12
schenksta
Derp.
User Info.
Shitty perks.
11:06 AM on 03/26/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
Well, they've been in the studio for a while from what it looks like. And the major difference between this site and kickstarter is that the band DOES get whatever funds people donate regardless, instead of not getting shit if their goal isn't met. So it's kiiiiinda better.
11:07 AM on 03/26/12
fgevilmonkey
Bitches ain't shit
User Info.
Great band name, at least
11:25 AM on 03/26/12
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Maybe it's just my lack of knowing how much an album costs, but if you're sinking every nickel and penny into your recording, then why are you asking your fans for $10,000?

I can understand a couple hundred dollars, maybe several thousand dollars, but $10k just seems ridiculous.

Depending on where an album is recorded you can easily spend anywhere from $25k-$100k. Hell, most small bands I know would easily spend $10k on a decent recording.

Not that I support this band in any way though
11:42 AM on 03/26/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
haha i've never seen that shirt. that's hilarious
11:59 AM on 03/26/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Depending on where an album is recorded you can easily spend anywhere from $25k-$100k. Hell, most small bands I know would easily spend $10k on a decent recording.

Not that I support this band in any way though
Ah ok. Like I said, my statement was mostly out of ignorance. Good to know.
12:19 PM on 03/26/12
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
Well, they've been in the studio for a while from what it looks like. And the major difference between this site and kickstarter is that the band DOES get whatever funds people donate regardless, instead of not getting shit if their goal isn't met. So it's kiiiiinda better.

Apparently Kickstarter doesn't work outside of the US, so if you want to fundraise for a project, then it has to be US based. Also, I'm not sure if there is a difference between the two companies in what they take from the artist, but I know Kickstarter takes 5%.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests