AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 64
06:57 AM on 03/27/12
surgerone
User Info.
Quality review. It has made me consider listening to a record that I had previously nearly ruled out.
This. I'm going to find a stream right now...
07:11 AM on 03/27/12
drudo182
Be Royal
User Info.
I agree with others. This is their best work yet. So good.
07:12 AM on 03/27/12
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
I loved the first two albums so much, hated their third, and I should hate this one, there's no "swing swing", "the last song", "move along", 11:11" type songs, but I love it. AAR just created an album of a music genre that i typically stay away from, but I like
Yup.
08:17 AM on 03/27/12
MJB12
Silenced.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Have only listened to the whole thing through once but the 3 singles already released are all stellar tracks so I'm looking forward to the album as a whole for sure.
09:22 AM on 03/27/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
I'm really digging Someday's Gone, Beekeeper's Daughter, I For You, and Gonzo. It's definitely a solid album. At first, I wasn't sure how much I liked it, but it's gotten better after the first listen. It definitely takes the best parts from all of their albums and somehow makes it work.
09:29 AM on 03/27/12
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
I just can't get into this cd
09:44 AM on 03/27/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
i thought WTWCD was a decent release. it had some great songs. i'm excited to give this a listen.
09:51 AM on 03/27/12
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
This is a hell of an album. I love the shit out of it.
10:24 AM on 03/27/12
Seth Robinson
User Info.
Such a fucking good album, and they've never released an album before that I don't want to skip a single track on. The production on this is INSANELY amazing-kudos Mr. Greg Wells. "Walk All Over Me" is a fucking jam and a half and I get chills from the crescendo in "Affection" every single time.
10:32 AM on 03/27/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Best AAR album hands down. They put so much into this album and it really shows.
11:00 AM on 03/27/12
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
I'm sorry I thought this album was horrid. So boring. Sucks because I really like the band. The past 2 releases have been really bad.
11:19 AM on 03/27/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
I've only listened to this album once so far. But I can already tell it'll be one of those records that gets stronger with each listen. Absolutely love somedays gone and at first expected the whole album to follow in that format but no. Its got a really nice layered and 80s feel. For me it'll be like Anarchy My Dear. It'll take some nurturing but I can tell I'll love it eventually. So far I think Beekeepers Daughter is the weakest song. To me it is like a watered down Gives You Hell. On anither note. Personally I really liked their last record. I think Another Heart Calls is one of the most perfectly composed songs
I'm glad you said that cause Beekeeper is the only song I've heard and I wasn't a big fan. Gonna have to spotify this mother
11:20 AM on 03/27/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
Quality review. It has made me consider listening to a record that I had previously nearly ruled out.

This
11:26 AM on 03/27/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm sorry I thought this album was horrid. So boring. Sucks because I really like the band. The past 2 releases have been really bad.
Not sure how you thought this was boring but sorry to hear you did not like it. I think its their best work yet but I can see why some won't like it. Its not as rock as their first 2 release and focuses more on pop. I will admit their 3rd release was hit and miss at times (even though I did enjoy) but this album seems to be doing the pop side of their music perfectly. I kinda hope they don't do a return to roots album after hearing them pull this off.
11:30 AM on 03/27/12
Jat
Where you been?
User Info.
I oddly get kind of a Pinkerton-ish vibe off of this. I can see this being really alienating to a lot of their...younger fans.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos