Username
Password
Hopeless Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hopeless Records
Inside AP.net

We Are The In Crowd Answers What We've All Wondered

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/27/12)
We Are the In Crowd answered an interview question about the infamous "creative control" tweets.
From the InterviewTay: Yeah. We havenít really talked about this at all. Basically, there was a decision that was made for ďKiss Me AgainĒ that wasnít a make or break decision, but it was something where we wanted it one way, and somebody at the label wanted it the other way. It kind of burned a little bit hearing, ďNope, itís not going to happen.Ē For me it was just a spur of the moment, ďThis is bullshitĒ kind of thing. Iím over it. Iím definitely over it.
Jordan: A lot of the Internet thinks that because weíre a pop band that we donít write our own songs or thereís someone puppeteering us. This is an example of how that never happens. Because the time it kind of happened, we got mad and belligerent. Mike got really drunk that night.
Mike: I was literally the drunkest or second drunkest Iíve ever been in my entire life. I actually got kicked out of a bar for trying to break a pinball machine. I donít remember any of it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 40.
01:58 PM on 03/27/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Quote:
I actually got kicked out of a bar for trying to break a pinball machine.

The badassery is overwhelming.
01:59 PM on 03/27/12
mattisrawrock
Thinker
User Info.
Mike: I was literally the drunkest or second drunkest Iíve ever been in my entire life. I actually got kicked out of a bar for trying to break a pinball machine. I donít remember any of it.

02:03 PM on 03/27/12
heyimnic
A pretty neat dude
User Info.
They're still skirting the issue. They should just say exactly what it was.
02:04 PM on 03/27/12
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
Haha. I love how the last comment makes everyone forget about the rest of the statement. I'm surprised to see Hopeless doing that, but at least it was small and it's over with now.
02:15 PM on 03/27/12
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
labels are assholes, now we know that Hopeless Records is one of them too. no surprise.
02:22 PM on 03/27/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
labels are assholes, now we know that Hopeless Records is one of them too. no surprise.
From my understanding, the label (the one paying for the recording/mixing/mastering of the new song + marketing behind it) believed that the song would sound better the way it was released, and in order to justify the additional expense of the new song - wanted it that way ... I don't know how that makes them declarative assholes.
02:37 PM on 03/27/12
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
You guys just had to get those All Time Low fans!
02:37 PM on 03/27/12
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
From my understanding, the label (the one paying for the recording/mixing/mastering of the new song + marketing behind it) believed that the song would sound better the way it was released, and in order to justify the additional expense of the new song - wanted it that way ... I don't know how that makes them declarative assholes.
i get what ur saying...but on one song, could the artist's opinion on a song they wrote not be valued or taken into consideration. that specific track is a not a winner or loser on the album, its not too significant. i get business sense, but labels should let artist have more input on the music their making.
02:47 PM on 03/27/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
i get what ur saying...but on one song, could the artist's opinion on a song they wrote not be valued or taken into consideration. that specific track is a not a winner or loser on the album, its not too significant. i get business sense, but labels should let artist have more input on the music their making.
It's the new (re-recorded, re-released) single with Alex from All Time Low. So, yes, I would argue it is very significant.
03:02 PM on 03/27/12
George_mm
You bred raptors?
User Info.
It's the new (re-recorded, re-released) single with Alex from All Time Low. So, yes, I would argue it is very significant.
Think Alex being on the track could be what they disagreed about? Dont really follow this band or anything so I'm not sure if theyre "friends" with All Time Low or not.
03:04 PM on 03/27/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Think Alex being on the track could be what they disagreed about? Dont really follow this band or anything so I'm not sure if theyre "friends" with All Time Low or not.
My understanding, again - me just picking up on things from people I've talked to - is that the idea for Alex to be on the track as a collaboration was their idea to begin with. I've heard the point of contention was some relatively minor part of the song.
03:10 PM on 03/27/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
funny to read the reactions to this.

everything's fine now. all good yo.

their live show has improved so much by the way. seriously check them out on warped if you can. they sound really, really fucking good.

- Gunz
03:12 PM on 03/27/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Somehow missed this first time around. Kind of impressed they had the balls to say it in the first place, even if it seems slightly like throwing their toys out of the pram.
03:17 PM on 03/27/12
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
funny to read the reactions to this.

everything's fine now. all good yo.

their live show has improved so much by the way. seriously check them out on warped if you can. they sound really, really fucking good.

- Gunz
no ballin no more?

hopefully they're really over it by now. hopeless is my favorite label and i've never seen any band complain about them, not even sparks the rescue when their sophomore didn't get promoted the way it should, and later, when they got dropped off the roster.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS