You Had Me At Hello - 03.28.12
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
You Had Me At Hello
1. How did you get your band name?
We got the name from the film Jerry Maguire. We also love the song by A Day To Remember
2. How did this band get started?
It started as a side project for Adam, as he wanted to make music that he enjoys playing and listening to. However, after a few months of writing songs and practise it became his main project, eventually finding three committed members Jason, Dan and Alex
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We are influenced by bands that we grew up listening to like Blink 182, The Offspring, Sum 41, Taking Back Sunday, My Chemical Romance, New Found Glory and Papa Roach
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
The bands that we would love to tour with would be New Found Glory because they have been playing music we love for years and are always quoting 'Pop Punks not dead' (which we agree with!), Blink 182 and My Chemical Romance because they have been big influences on how we write music. We have to say touring with Bruce Springsteen would be awesome too
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Hmm, well it would depend on where we're touring, because food in America is really cheap so we'd say Burritos or Taco's, but Jason thinks chicken fried steak because he became obsessed with it when we ate at a restaurant called Twin Peaks. In England though I'd say pot noodles and fruit.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because our music has everything you need! It'll pick you up when your down, you can dance to it, you can party to it and you'll never get it out of your head!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Jason: Danny Mcguire
Adam: Usain Bolt
Dan: Kobe Bryant
Alex: Bam Margera
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our parents, our fans, everyone who has ever supported us and all the people who didn't at the start. You just made us work even harder!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
There would have to be more people looking for unsigned talent, we see so many awesome bands that with the right direction could be great but they never get picked up.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Playing on stage at the leeds O2 Academy! The place was sold out, and it's the most amazing thing we have ever seen
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is awesome! Anyone who helps to promote guitar music and help the scene is awesome! Without it how would anyone be able to hear about our music?
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Diamonds and Pearls. It's best opening song ever!!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
California is pretty good but it has to be Brisbane in Australia
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Jason- Guns and Roses, Areosmith and Pulp.
Adam- I think Bryan Adams was the guy who actually got me into music, along with Sum 41 and Linkin Park
Dan, Alex- Sum 41, Linkin Park, Bowling For Soup and Busted
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Well everyone wishes they could fly, but the ability to see through clothes would be pretty cool too.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
A big cuddle before we play is always nice
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We are massive rugby league fans! we go to every Keighley Cougars game, whenever we aren't playing obviously
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Everything sounds the same. Dubstep is all cool and that, and we all like a good dance song, but it does seem like every artist in the chart is trying to make the same kind of song with the same tune remixed and its starting to drag. There needs to be a breakthrough guitar band! That's hopefully where we come in.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Rest! We spend so much time working and trying to get ourselves out there any opportunity to just have a day to ourselves and do nothing is quickly snapped up
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have
When recording our EP 'Take It Off' in California we learnt how to do the rubix cube, I think one of us managed it in 45 seconds, but it's been so long we've forgotten how to do it.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |