Again And Again
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
Who, Ian Anderson? Good dude.

Indeed.
10:30 AM on 03/30/12 
User Info.
Holly HoX!

Now, Now was definitely a good sign for him back in the day.

Not his best though...that's most definitely Pomegranates or The Plastic Constellations or We All Have Hooks for Hands.

He's had some great signs over the years. I hope I can build something equally impressive.
11:17 AM on 03/30/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Again And Again
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
Now, Now was definitely a good sign for him back in the day.

Not his best though...that's most definitely Pomegranates or The Plastic Constellations or We All Have Hooks for Hands.

He's had some great signs over the years. I hope I can build something equally impressive.

Forgot Pomegranates were signed to Afternoon. I was pretty into Everybody Come Outside! for a while, but never gave One of Us much of a listen.

Anyway, what's the scene like in Minneapolis? I'm afraid the only thing from Minnesota I'm familiar with is Caribou Coffee.
11:31 AM on 03/30/12 
User Info.
Holly HoX!
Forgot Pomegranates were signed to Afternoon. I was pretty into Everybody Come Outside! for a while, but never gave One of Us much of a listen.

Anyway, what's the scene like in Minneapolis? I'm afraid the only thing from Minnesota I'm familiar with is Caribou Coffee.

Oh man, listen to One of Us. Their new album Heaven is dropping next month I believe. They are incredible live.

The scene in Minneapolis is probably the best it's been in some time. There are a lot of bands breaking right now - Polica, Night Moves signed to Domino, Howler signed to Rough Trade, and the whole Moon Gylph scene/label is fucking amazing. A lot of bands and a lot of DYI projects and clicks running through the scene keeping it vital and interesting and experimental. I have plenty of places I could direct you. One being a site I often write for www.reviler.org, who in my opinion do the best job of covering local music beyond the City Pages type bands.

I have my own project in the works and I'm going to be working with some great bands from the Twin Cities and Milwaukee. I could definitely send you some more recs if you're interested.
11:49 AM on 03/30/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Again And Again
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
Oh man, listen to One of Us. Their new album Heaven is dropping next month I believe. They are incredible live.

The scene in Minneapolis is probably the best it's been in some time. There are a lot of bands breaking right now - Polica, Night Moves signed to Domino, Howler signed to Rough Trade, and the whole Moon Gylph scene/label is fucking amazing. A lot of bands and a lot of DYI projects and clicks running through the scene keeping it vital and interesting and experimental. I have plenty of places I could direct you. One being a site I often write for www.reviler.org, who in my opinion do the best job of covering local music beyond the City Pages type bands.

I have my own project in the works and I'm going to be working with some great bands from the Twin Cities and Milwaukee. I could definitely send you some more recs if you're interested.

Yeah man, I'm definitely interested. I'm listening to Poliša's Give You The Ghost now and really digging what I hear so far. I'll be sure to check out some of the other stuff you mentioned over the weekend. Thank you!
11:57 AM on 03/30/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Again And Again
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
The cover art of Now, Now's split 7" with The Lonely Forest for RSD. It will be a regional release /500, available at the places listed in this blog post and contains one song from each band.

Anyone who picks one up for me is my new best friend.
12:03 PM on 03/30/12 
User Info.
Holly HoX!
Yeah man, I'm definitely interested. I'm listening to Poliša's Give You The Ghost now and really digging what I hear so far. I'll be sure to check out some of the other stuff you mentioned over the weekend. Thank you!

No problem.

Bands I'm working with: Nice Purse and Canopies. Both of their releases are on Bandcamp.

So other cool bands to check out:

The Set (my friend's band)
My and My Arrow
Total Babe
Prissy Clerks
The goondas
Marijuana Deathsquads (POS is in this band)
Skol Kodiak
Food Pryamid
Mothers of Fire
Red Pens
Sleeping in the Aviary
Slow Walker
The Fatty Acids
Hunting Club
12:05 PM on 03/30/12 
User Info.
Holly HoX!
The cover art of Now, Now's split 7" with The Lonely Forest for RSD. It will be a regional release /500, available at the places listed in this blog post and contains one song from each band.

Anyone who picks one up for me is my new best friend.

One of them is my favorite shop in town: Electric Fetus

I saw Now Now do an in store there a month ago
12:09 PM on 03/30/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Again And Again
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
One of them is my favorite shop in town: Electric Fetus

I saw Now Now do an in store there a month ago

That was their release show for Threads, correct? I heard there were some equipment malfunctions.
12:15 PM on 03/30/12 
User Info.
Holly HoX!
That was their release show for Threads, correct? I heard there were some equipment malfunctions.

No. That was at triple rock on Saturday and the in store was the next Tuesday
09:33 AM on 03/31/12 
User Info.
raychull
Lakeland, FL
Female - 23 Years Old
I fucking wish I had discovered these guys a week ago. I just checked their last.fm to see if they were on tour, and I just saw that they're on tour with the naked and famous who I also kind of dig. Anyways, this shows up first on their last.fm events:

State Theatre
St Petersburg, Tampa FL,
United States

So I'm like, holy shit, I can see these guys really soon.
Look at the date.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Me: Jesus christ.
10:53 AM on 03/31/12 
User Info.
philbylink
the shower's in the toilet
NY
Male
band rules. threads is the aoty.
09:42 AM on 04/05/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Again And Again
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
If anybody has questions about the band, the Fuck Yeah Now, Now! tumblr is run by a couple of their friends and updated frequently.

Also, Jess has some non- Now, Now music floating around the internet. Her old band, Kids' Fiction, has an EP that can be downloaded for free here, and her solo project, Tancred, has an EP available for just $4 on her Bandcamp page.
10:02 AM on 04/11/12 
User Info.
Penguin
ANTHYDING CAN HADPLEN
Blacksburg, VA
Male - 22 Years Old
I still have to check out Threads (and the new Tancred EP, for that matter), but this band is great. Also, that blog ^ is great. The people who run it are awesome, and they post a lot of cool stuff.
02:30 PM on 06/14/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Again And Again
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
Threads recently made #9 on Amazon's list for best albums of the year so far. That's pretty damn impressive, I'd say.

Has anyone here seen them on tour with Fun. yet?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos