AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Namesake - 03.29.12

Namesake - 03.29.12

Interviewed by
Namesake - 03.29.12The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Namesake
(Questions answered by singer Will Crafton)

http://www.facebook.com/Namesakerock

1. How did you get your band name?

The idea for the name came about when it dawned on us that we were all namesakes of our fathers. Why it took a few years to figure that out is beyond me

2. How did this band get started?

The earlier stages of this project began in high school with Kevin, Brad and I. We had been playing music together for quite sometime and recorded a few EP's together. Eventually we had determined our sound and just went for it. Later we were able to add Troy and Seth to the line up and complete our team

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Well personally I'm influenced by bands like Coheed & Cambria, The Used, 30 Seconds to Mars, etc.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?

I would love to tour with Coheed & Cambria, just cause they are the band that got me into music in the first place. I doubt I would be doing this right now if it weren't for those guys.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?

Probably a hedgehog. Well... Those are more spiny than furry. Ah well. Be cautious if you pet me. Sonic is my hero.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

Well, if you like epic pop rock music, you'll probably like us. If you are looking for breakdowns and screaming, probably not so much.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?

I think "Times of Our Lives" would be fun to play on guitar hero. It's got a solo and it's fairly tricky. I know I could kill that song on 5 stars so any avid guitar hero player should be able to as well

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

The entire planet and our neighboring galaxies

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

The fact that it's full of snakes.

10. Memorable tour experience?

I really enjoyed this acoustic run we did a while back with a band called Runner Runner, we had a good time and learned a lot.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

Absolute Punk.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

Probably "Borders & Fences". We usually open with it and it's a kick ass way to start the show

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

The beach. Always

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Bands like old school Chiodos, Escape The Fate, Avenged Sevenfold, A Day to Remember

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

I'd have to go with flight. Have you seen the gas prices lately??

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?

No. But we are working on that. It's a long journey

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

Hmmmm, I guess I would have to know what the fans knew about me to determine what they don't know about me

18. What's your favorite holiday?

Halloween!

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

I'm an avid video game player, especially when it comes to Final Fantasy. I write a lot in my spare time as well

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

I'm a wizard Harry.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums