AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Rufio News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Rufio's "Perhaps, I Suppose" Hits Vinyl

Posted by - 03:30 PM on 03/30/12
Rufio's Perhaps, I Suppose is coming to vinyl. There's a lot of information on it - so I included it all in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 57
03:30 PM on 03/30/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
In the late nineties, the “So Cal” pop punk movement was placing its stamp on the international musical spectrum, characterized by fast paced drums, harmonious vocals, and quirky guitar licks. But aside from the stylistic traits of the songs themselves, the attitude of pop punk was sowing its seeds on a global scale. Suburbia was ground zero, and teenagers were the soldiers in the trenches. Proudly marching in this charge was Rancho Cucamonga, California’s Rufio. "Four kids growing up 50 miles east of LA" would hardly create a unique headline to any musical saga. But the sincerity of Rufio’s message; common coming of age themes of love, rebellion, and boredom bridged the gap between artist and fan. The mundane became glamorous, and people took notice.

Having a career spanning over ten years, Rufio has bred fans in all corners of the globe. “The best part about touring is meeting new people, in a city where you’ve never been, and they come up and tell you how much they relate to your songs. It’s an amazing experience,” lead vocalist Scott Sellers said. Despite several line up changes and artistic evolutions, it is this very sentiment that is immortalized in Rufio’s debut album Perhaps, I Suppose… Having fun playing music with your friends; as simple as that. For the first time, “Perhaps” will see a proper vinyl pressing giving a breath of nostalgia to those of us who lived the movement, while introducing this mantra to a new generation as well. Featuring the popular songs “Above Me” and “In My Eyes”, Rufio brings a solid 15 tracks of energy and versatility that will remind us of memories in our own form of Suburban youth, no matter where it may lie.

Packaging
The Jacket is printed on chipboard stock giving it a natural look matching the tan color of the original cover art.

A full lyric insert is included with a personal message from lead singer Scott Sellers thanking all of you for celebrating Rufio’s most heralded album once again.
Pressing Info
1000 copies were pressed.
250 copies on Opaque Red will be available from Hot Topic
200 copies on Clear will be available from Shop Radio Cast
250 copies on Black will be available at worldwide indie record stores
And finally, 300 copies will be available from Company Ink Records. This will be dubbed the “Lost Boys Edition” which features a black/red striped pattern inspired by the Hook character Rufio’s hairstyle and a bonus 7” with the demo versions of Above Me and Road to Recovery.
The "Lost Boys Edition" will be on sale on companyinkrecords.com on Monday 4/2 at 12PM Pacific time, with the other variants coming in the 2nd week of April.

03:36 PM on 03/30/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Wow that's nice. Rufio was always hit or miss for me, but that's nice. Might pick it up. I loafed on listening to this band for almost 10 years haha
03:37 PM on 03/30/12
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
That looks neat.
03:39 PM on 03/30/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Depending on price I may be tempted on this.
03:40 PM on 03/30/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
That label variant does look pretty cool.
03:40 PM on 03/30/12
spawnofz
User Info.
Damn I wish I had some cash, I want that Lost Boys edition so badly
03:41 PM on 03/30/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Seriously! Why does everything good have to be coming out on vinyl so close together! I don't have the money for all of this awesomeness!
03:42 PM on 03/30/12
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
User Info.
That is bad-fucking-ass! Do want!
03:42 PM on 03/30/12
hisandherpes
User Info.
I will definitely be picking up one of the 'lost boys'.
03:47 PM on 03/30/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Man thats sweet! Making a choice on what to buy is gonna be a challenge.
04:05 PM on 03/30/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I was just rocking out to this recently. Such a great record. Looks awesome too.
04:09 PM on 03/30/12
dan.is.empire
I Am Empire / Dan
User Info.
of course when i'm between paychecks! damn.
04:27 PM on 03/30/12
sjb2k1
4-3, the kyle orton show
User Info.
oh so pretty.
04:48 PM on 03/30/12
Alison1488
____
User Info.
YEEEEESSSSSS! One of my favorite albums.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos