AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Swellers News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Swellers To Launch Tour Kickstarter

Posted by - 09:05 AM on 04/01/12
Update: April Fool's, obviously! Here's what the band had to say about the joke:
April Fool's April Fools. We want everyone to know that we are in no way serious about the previous post, and we're hoping you understood that with the massive amount of money, the really really bad perks you would get for donating, and the fact that we say we ask for things all the time. To be honest, our band rarely, if ever asks for favors from people. We pride ourselves on working hard and hoping people help us out when they realize that.

We think KickStarter is a really useful tool for helping anyone raise money, but it shouldn't be abused like it seems to be lately. When we need your help, we'll be very serious, honest and open about it. For now we're just having fun and being goofballs.

Thanks for playing, we'll see you next year.

In another bit of Swellers news, the band will be launching a Kickstarter next week to help pay off the expenses of going on tour for the remainder of 2012. They will have a goal of $60,000 to help pay for a new van, plane tickets overseas and other things. The band's statement is below.
The Band's Statement Is HereWell there's a lot of things going on, we need a new van, we are going overseas a few times, and mainly we just all need to pay for rent, groceries, cell phone bills, new clothes and a place to record new material. We broke it down and it came to about $60,000 which we don't think is unreasonable. We just want our fans to know we support them by launching a way for them to support us in everything we do this year. We'll have cool incentives in return like free stickers, we'll give out one t-shirt every few months, some really cool stuff. I think the way the music landscape is changing we'll hopefully have this up tomorrow with a pretty cool pie chart to show you exactly why we need exactly this amount. I don't think it's rude to ask for everything we can get, that's always been our motto.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 75
09:06 AM on 04/01/12
Tilde
Rudiger.
User Info.
april fools bye
camperfrequency
Troy and Abed in the Morning!
User Info.
I'd totally support this Kickstarter. I love me some Swellers and the dudes are really great people!
overdue
Overdue Collection Agency founder
User Info.
Yay! April Fools! I was bummed something wasn't up yet for it.
09:13 AM on 04/01/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't know what to believe today.
09:14 AM on 04/01/12
jtwoodruff
User Info.
PRICELESS.
I always buy this band's record first day, because they are funny...and make great songs.
How many people won't get the joke?
JT
09:15 AM on 04/01/12
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
I laughed. For real though, this kickstarter stuff is starting to get out of hand.
09:15 AM on 04/01/12
tiny vessels
User Info.
Wasn't April Fools last year Swellers related as well?
09:16 AM on 04/01/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Wasn't April Fools last year Swellers related as well?
Yeah, I should make more friends.
09:24 AM on 04/01/12
uglystar03
User Info.
Pretty obvious April Fools. Funny guys.
09:25 AM on 04/01/12
ParkAvenue
Death Before Decaf
User Info.
classic.
09:31 AM on 04/01/12
_veges_
User Info.
Honestly I'd still support this if it was real
09:36 AM on 04/01/12
harveyn590
User Info.
"we just want our fans to know we support them by launching a way for them to support us in everything we do this year." awesome
09:43 AM on 04/01/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
"I don't think it's rude to ask for everything we can get, that's always been our motto."

I love this part. haha. Yet, I'm shaking my head thinking of how many bands do the "play the game man..it's easier that way" motto.
09:46 AM on 04/01/12
strikefirefall
User Info.
You can tell this is a joke. No way they'd expect their fans to pay for their rent or other bills.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos