he plays for Kyle Lowry's brother's AAU team in Philly

go get him Jay!
05:30 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
CBS Sports put up an article claiming that Roy Williams is the most overrated coach in the country.

I've officially given up on sports media.
05:43 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member
I would've said Rick Barnes

also think its funny that Jay Wright is up there. he took that program from the depths of hell and brought them to 7 straight tourneys
06:14 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
I mean really, Roy has been there 9 seasons and this is what he's done:

6 ACC regular season titles
6 elite eight appearances
3 final four appearances
2 national championships

Dean Smith never had a run like that.

You could easily argue that UNC has been the top program in country over those 9 years.
06:38 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Jeff Withey: the Great White Hope
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
You could easily argue that UNC has been the top program in country over those 9 years.
Yep, I'm not sure I'd ultimately say he's had the top program over that time, but, definitely top 5 in that stretch. Either way, over-rated is hilarious.
I would've said Rick Barnes

also think its funny that Jay Wright is up there. he took that program from the depths of hell and brought them to 7 straight tourneys
Rich Barnes is definitely at the top of that list, especially considering the talent he's had. Of course, he's also admitted he doesn't care about championships.

Jay Wright could cut both ways. His recruiting classes have been great, but, the end result hasn't always been. He's certainly not at the level of Rick Barnes in terms of not maximizing, but, I feel like he always has a top 5 recruiting class and yet only has that one final four to show for it. A national title would do wonders for him.
06:40 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Jeff Withey: the Great White Hope
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
Apparently it was a poll of coaches, which makes more sense
Quote:
  1. Roy Williams (North Carolina): 23 percent
  2. Rick Barnes (Texas): 17 percent
  3. Scott Drew (Baylor): 11 percent
  4. Steve Lavin (St. John's): 9 percent
  5. Jay Wright (Villanova): 6 percent
  6. Ben Howland (UCLA): 6 percent
  7. Jim Boeheim (Syracuse): 4 percent
  8. Tommy Amaker (Harvard): 4 percent
A few of those guys are not well liked by their peers...so it makes sense that they are high on the list. I completely agree with Ben Howland and Scott Drew. Scott Drew might actually have a legit claim for #1
Quote:
On Ben Howland: "Just watch what they do next year. They're gonna win because they've got all that talent. But when has he won without it?"
Quote:
On Scott Drew: "If Bill Self had his talent the past three years, they're winning the national championship at least once."
06:43 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
Yep, I'm not sure I'd ultimately say he's had the top program over that time, but, definitely top 5 in that stretch. Either way, over-rated is hilarious.
Rich Barnes is definitely at the top of that list, especially considering the talent he's had. Of course, he's also admitted he doesn't care about championships.

Jay Wright could cut both ways. His recruiting classes have been great, but, the end result hasn't always been. He's certainly not at the level of Rick Barnes in terms of not maximizing, but, I feel like he always has a top 5 recruiting class and yet only has that one final four to show for it. A national title would do wonders for him.

I'd say the top 5 (no particular order) over those 9 years are: UNC, Kansas, Duke, Ohio St, and Michigan St.
06:49 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member

technically we have only had one top 5 recruiting class (Mouph, Cheek, Wayns) I think

I think he does better with lesser recruits that buy into his system then guys like Wayns and Cheek that just do what they want and don't play defense

the team that got to the final 4 had tons of no name recruits contributing (Cunningham, Anderson, Redding, etc)
07:49 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
...and somehow I survived
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Rick Barnes is just about the worst in-game coach I've ever seen. You can almost guarantee he will fuck up the end of a close game every single time.
02:58 PM on 08/13/12 
User Info.
bigmike
...is "big" and "mike"
Portage, Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
Disagree about Scott Drew. He took the biggest b-ball scandal remnants and have made them into a top three team in the Big 12 consistently.

This says nothing of judging a coach by NCAA tournament championships.
06:54 PM on 08/15/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member
brutal, brutal story on new Villanova transfer Tony Chennault

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ml ?viewAll=y

his brother was killed a few months ago
06:42 PM on 08/18/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Seton Hall top-50 commit Aquille Carr arrested this morning for assault.

>_<
07:05 PM on 08/18/12 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
Seton Hall top-50 commit Aquille Carr arrested this morning for assault.

>_<

Awwww how could that lil fella assault anyone?!
08:37 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Okay, correct me if I'm wrong here but...this is Ashton Gibbs taking a dump wearing a Seton Hall shirt and the photo is taken by Sterling? Or is that Sterling? Not sure, but either way I'm a little weirded out that this was on instagram.

08:39 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member
that definitely looks like Ashton

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives