Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
04:36 PM on 04/03/12
bcblink
User Info.
Love the band.

However, I completely disagree with a lot of what he says, and yes I do find it very hypocritical for him to give other forms of media a free pass on using kickstarter.

Also, acting like finding techniques for screaming is a bad thing is completely out of line. Plenty of guys have ruined their vocal chords and can no longer be in a band because they try to just scream however feels natural, and that's a damn shame. Close Your Eyes in particular was a band that was finally putting out good material, and then the guy blew out his voice and now they probably aren't coming back any time soon. Screaming technique benefits your health. It's like saying "You shouldn't try to learn guitar technique because if you learn classical technique there won't be emotion in your playing." What? No. Technical ability on any instrument, voice included, should help you more effectively express your emotions.

TL;DR: Using proper screaming technique is healthy for your voice and should not be ignored.
He means that kids are more into trying to find the technique to mimic their favorite vocalist rather than finding their own voice and just singing with emotion. Obviously he's not saying "don't use any vocal techniques"

FWIW I agree with his opinion of kickstarter and I don't think he's being hypocritical at all. Music is much much different than other forms of entertainment, especially the genre that he and SFTP are in.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos