AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Recording News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Memphis May Fire Studio Update

Posted by - 10:31 AM on 04/05/12
A Memphis May Fire studio update can be found in the replies.

Submitted by walk aimlessly

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
10:32 AM on 04/05/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
10:36 AM on 04/05/12
mattisrawrock
Thinker
User Info.
pretty sick
10:41 AM on 04/05/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
i love videos like that. Looking forward to this release.
10:53 AM on 04/05/12
ChaseTx
I've heard good things about the last album, but I just can't give it a chance since they changed their sound. Their debut EP was excellent. Their original singer set a standard I couldn't expect the new guy to meet, but I stuck with them through the first album. But what they've effectively done (from what I've heard) is remove all the unique elements that made me love them and became a generic (though talented) metalcore band. And they shamelessly admit that they made these changes to appeal to a broader audience and make more money. I think a lot of us in the Dallas area feel put off by that. I'm sure they're making good music, but I'm so disappointed by what they've done.
11:02 AM on 04/05/12
PetitnaindesÎles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
sounds like they're still in the chugchug mode, at least the drums seems to sound less like shit
11:14 AM on 04/05/12
cjprocknroll
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Triggers
11:18 AM on 04/05/12
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Watching a drummer play with this uber-processed drum sound is awkward.

Whatever, still probably going to buy the snare sample.
11:31 AM on 04/05/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
I've heard good things about the last album, but I just can't give it a chance since they changed their sound. Their debut EP was excellent. Their original singer set a standard I couldn't expect the new guy to meet, but I stuck with them through the first album. But what they've effectively done (from what I've heard) is remove all the unique elements that made me love them and became a generic (though talented) metalcore band. And they shamelessly admit that they made these changes to appeal to a broader audience and make more money. I think a lot of us in the Dallas area feel put off by that. I'm sure they're making good music, but I'm so disappointed by what they've done.

Took the words right outta my mouth... They went from unique to just... Changocore... Risecore even... Sleepwalking was an excellent album considering that they got a new vocalist, but after that, it was just all downhill... I mean, I'm not saying the latest stuff isn't good, it's talented I guess, but it's nowhere near the uniqueness they had.
11:32 AM on 04/05/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
They should at least let this be their last samecore album and go back to being a decent band again now that they have their platform.
11:38 AM on 04/05/12
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
This band had something so cool going. They're still one of the better or these types of bands, but geesh. I can't get into it like the older stuff.
11:51 AM on 04/05/12
thedaywedied
twitter.com/thesouth
User Info.
Most of this video consisted of outdated breakdowns and bland-sounding drums.
I am really getting tired of this.
12:00 PM on 04/05/12
nevelsaynevels
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Miss their southern twang
12:00 PM on 04/05/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
MMF has been a superb bands in EVERY iteration. Stop complaining and just enjoy them guys. The Hollow was anything but generic.

Also if their debut EP was released today most of you wouldn't give it a second chance. Bands change and grow and unless it's a terrible change (new Oceana, the last Eighteen Visions CD, newer Avenged Sevenfold) it's just a waste of time to nitpick. I mean I could understand if it truly was generic and littered with open chord breakdowns but there's honestly a lot of variation in their newer stuff
12:06 PM on 04/05/12
zachtft
The Falling Trance
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I also love their southern-tinged stuff from when they first started, but i read an article from their guitarist who pretty much writes all of their music, and his take on why they changed their sound is really interesting. I wish i could find it. But he basically said that he wrote their newest, "heavier" stuff around their new singer, Matty's, style of vocals rather than trying to force him into the southern style they had in which he wasn't as comfortable in. So that kind of made it better for me. I loved the hollow, all of the little things they throw into the songs that album are so cool to me. Stoked for this album!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos