Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 62
12:45 PM on 04/05/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
my sport was equally spoiled when said member laughed when i broached the subject. i mean, i'd love to see them there, but i get the impression that it's not something they're willing to take a pay cut for.

That actually kinda surprises me. Gaslight doesn't strike me as the kind of band that does it for the money. Given how important the 'orgcore' community was in launching them off the ground you'd think they'd relish the chance to get back a little.

But its their band not mine. If they don't wanna play no one should force 'em to =P
12:47 PM on 04/05/12
heyguys123
User Info.
That actually kinda surprises me. Gaslight doesn't strike me as the kind of band that does it for the money. Given how important the 'orgcore' community was in launching them off the ground you'd think they'd relish the chance to get back a little.

But its their band not mine. If they don't wanna play no one should force 'em to =P
There was a thread on the Fest board last year where people were talking about Gaslight playing, and either Tony or PJ wrote this whole thing about how Fest can't afford to pay bands a ton and how the big bands that play don't get as much money as they would elsewhere, etc etc. Then followed that up with "Gaslight will not be playing Fest this year".

edit: found it

peej wrote:
newportandy wrote:
I reckon there's a good chance that one of the mystery bands will be Gaslight Anthem if they're not already on tour somewhere else at the time. Remember reading something, somewhere that they've asked to play since they played before but No Idea had to turn them down mainly due to how big they had become I think was the reason given.

Andy

Ok. I feel like I need to step in on this one.

"No Idea" doesn't choose who plays.
No Idea Records / The Fest = 2 different things.

We would never turn anyone down for "how big they had become". Some bands' booking agents want more money for the band to play then we can afford. A lot of the times, the band members themselves have little to do with these negotiations. If a band wants too much money then we just can't afford to have them.

Gaslight Anthem will not be playing the Fest 10.
12:52 PM on 04/05/12
duckingfyslexic
www.facebook.com/stjameshotel
User Info.
Cadillac Blindside? No way! If I lived near there I'd go just to see them.
12:52 PM on 04/05/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
There was a thread on the Fest board last year where people were talking about Gaslight playing, and either Tony or PJ wrote this whole thing about how Fest can't afford to pay bands a ton and how the big bands that play don't get as much money as they would elsewhere, etc etc. Then followed that up with "Gaslight will not be playing Fest this year".

Yeah, but I thought that was mostly because Brian was doing stuff with The Horrible Crowes and one of the Alex's was getting married. (At least, that's what Tony said in his interview on Matt and Mondo's podcast) Money should be why they can't get bands like The Descendants to show up, not why they can't afford gaslight =(
01:01 PM on 04/05/12
jonayy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Damn so many awesome bands! And I bet the rest of the lineup is gonna be even more crazy
Lets go man!
01:09 PM on 04/05/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Yeah, but I thought that was mostly because Brian was doing stuff with The Horrible Crowes and one of the Alex's was getting married. (At least, that's what Tony said in his interview on Matt and Mondo's podcast) Money should be why they can't get bands like The Descendants to show up, not why they can't afford gaslight =(
Pretty sure Gaslight costs more than Descendants do these days...
01:20 PM on 04/05/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Lot of bands I wanna see there
01:38 PM on 04/05/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Pretty sure Gaslight costs more than Descendants do these days...
Lol Descendents made like $60K a show last year.
01:39 PM on 04/05/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Lol Descendents made like $60K a show last year.
Source? Also do you know hoe much Gaslight makes?
01:40 PM on 04/05/12
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
Damnit that lineup is so fucking legit. Why does the Fest have to be so fucking far away, and we only get indie rock trash like the Pitchfork Festival in the Midwest! Gah!
01:41 PM on 04/05/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Source? Also do you know hoe much Gaslight makes?
I can't really say my source, but no I don't know how much Gaslight makes. Is it $60K? I kinda doubt it. Keep in mind that Descendents played huge events though...not like club shows or anything.
01:42 PM on 04/05/12
gurby
the kids can't lose
User Info.
i NEED to make it down there this year. no excuses.
01:44 PM on 04/05/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Damnit that lineup is so fucking legit. Why does the Fest have to be so fucking far away, and we only get indie rock trash like the Pitchfork Festival in the Midwest! Gah!
Hahaha shut the fuck up.

I can't really say my source, but no I don't know how much Gaslight makes. Is it $60K? I kinda doubt it. Keep in mind that Descendents played huge events though...not like club shows or anything.
Oh okay that makes more sense then. All I'm saying is that if you booked Gaslight and the Descendents at similar venues in similar markets, I don't think there would be a huge disparity. The fact that the Descendents play so few shows would skew that obviously though.
01:46 PM on 04/05/12
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
p4k fest has one of the best line ups of all festivals this year and its super cheap. stop your fucking complaining.
01:51 PM on 04/05/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I'm 100% down

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT