AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AP.net Industry Chat: Run for Cover, No Sleep and...

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (04/05/12)
Edit: The chat is now over! Thanks a lot to Chris, Jeff and Seth, and thanks to everyone who stopped by.

Jeff Casazza (owner, Run for Cover Records), Chris Hansen (owner, No Sleep Records) and Seth Decoteau (owner, Topshelf Records) will be chatting in this thread at 7 p.m. EST / 4 p.m. PST. Stop in and ask the guys about their respective label's success in 2011, their plans for 2012, and their favorite type of pizza.

Chris will be under the blue name "NoSleepRecords," Jeff under "thisisntworking," and Seth under "TSR00Seth." Have a great time!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 417.
03:39 PM on 04/05/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Rules for Chat
Be respectful. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but make sure that you aren't crossing any boundaries of any sort. If you have any hesitations about posting a certain question, odds are you shouldn't post it. Disrespect will not be tolerated and will be met with a deleted post and a ban.

Double, triple, and quadruple posts will be deleted, along with posts that are overly modified to get attention. No extra formatting is needed; I'm sure they can read just as well as, if not better than, most of us.

If they doesn't answer your question, feel free to ask another.

This is not a way to ask them for favors, to ask them if they'll make your voicemail message for you or visit you at your house.

Have fun. The idea is for everyone to talk together and share in a collective experience.

Some Posting Tips
Obviously you need to register for an account to participate. It's free. It's easy.

You may want to add an avatar to your account. It's that little icon by your post and it makes you stand out.

The chat takes place in the comments section of this thread -- it's just like a regular forum thread.

To reply to a post, click the "quote" link on it - and then type your reply. Simple.

To post a new reply, scroll to the bottom of the page and use either the "quick reply" box - or click the "write a comment" button.

If this is your first time on the website, remember that it may take a little getting used to - but we hope we made the experience easy for even first time posters. Hope you have a good time. Don't forget to come back daily to see what kinds of things we have going on during the day. Or follow us on twitter or facebook to not miss any important announcements.
03:46 PM on 04/05/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
Gonna troll the shit out of this suckas!!!
03:47 PM on 04/05/12
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Looks like I'm going to miss this chat, but thanks for all the awesome records you guys have put out! Some of the best music has been through these labels. Best dudes!
03:48 PM on 04/05/12
NoSleepRecords
No Sleep Records
User Info.
Gonna troll the shit out of this suckas!!!
post n00dz adam
03:52 PM on 04/05/12
thisisntworking
Run for Cover Records
User Info.
Can we ban Tre before this starts or else I am not going to feel comfortable.
03:54 PM on 04/05/12
ellie117
EAGLES, Phillies, Flyers, tacos.
User Info.
Love all of these labels. Don't really have a question, but keep up the good work dudes
03:54 PM on 04/05/12
NoSleepRecords
No Sleep Records
User Info.
Can we ban Tre before this starts or else I am not going to feel comfortable.
hahahaha. tre is going to crash this party so hard
03:57 PM on 04/05/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.

First question: when are you signing Mixtapes?
MikeM1423
User Info.
How did you all get started in this industry?

and Chris: why coke?
topshelfsquad
User Info.
hahahaha. tre is going to crash this party so hard
TreL;DR
03:58 PM on 04/05/12
NoSleepRecords
No Sleep Records
User Info.
First question: when are you signing Mixtapes?
when dinosaurs walk again.
03:59 PM on 04/05/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
I love all three labels. I think No Sleep is my favorite current label, I've bought like 7 records from there since January. I really like the talent on Run for Cover, really love Seahaven. And Top Shelf is really rising up through my "label rankings." The new You Blew It! album is fucking fantastic. You three are some of the best labels around and thank you for doing this chat with us tonight.
03:59 PM on 04/05/12
NoSleepRecords
No Sleep Records
User Info.
I love all three labels. I think No Sleep is my favorite current label, I've bought like 7 records from there since January. I really like the talent on Run for Cover, really love Seahaven. And Top Shelf is really rising up through my "label rankings." The new You Blew It! album is fucking fantastic. You three are some of the best labels around and thank you for doing this chat with us tonight.
shhh its topshelf, seth will get mad.
04:00 PM on 04/05/12
codypayne
User Info.
Hey jeff, besides the dangerous summer who do you plan on signing?!?!

And besides me who is your fav member of my band.

Tootles
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums