AP.net Related News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 253.
04:06 PM on 04/06/12
edwardyyy
Enter The Void.
User Info.
I have so many favorite lyrics but I narrowed it down to 3 that I love alot:

Acceptance - So Contagious

"Could this be out of line? (Could this be out of line?)
To say you're the only one breaking me down like this
You're the only one I would take a shot on
Keep me hanging on so contagiously"

Transit - Over Your Head

"I miss when you and I were us and everything was ours
Lost in an ocean of passing days and cars
You stood out like every accident does
Hey kid, you're in over your head
It's over
It's over your head"

Fireworks - The Wild Bunch

"I stopped searching for the answers
I've learned my lesson
'Cause time is just a rhetorical question"
04:07 PM on 04/06/12
twindeux
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"And the door slams, such a safe sound. I know where I am, put my keys down. Put my eyes down, wonder why it is. Lost my courage, passed your exit."

Just about everything by Braid or the Promise Ring is utter poetry.
04:07 PM on 04/06/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I'd put something by Nate Ruess but I can't think of which lyric to single out.
04:08 PM on 04/06/12
XenoLovegood
But you couldn't last a lifetime
User Info.
"Let's play this game called 'when-you catch fire.' I wouldn't piss to put you out. Stop burning bridges, drive off of them so I can forget about you."

"And if this clock keeps ticking away, will time be hesitated? Of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting? Sand falls through time portals. These landfills, immortal. And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing. Of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting?"
04:10 PM on 04/06/12
_veges_
User Info.
"As you grow old, you'll see that it's useless to make an attempt to escape reality. I see no hope for us only boundaries surround me and crush the hope inside. Lately the colors don't seem as bright as they could be to me; it's so impossible to dream these days" Only Boundaries-Balance and Composure

"There's so much more to life than yesterday" Unknowingly Strong-Make Do and Mend

"If there's one thing in your life that you'll never forget, its that we're dead in the future but we're not dead yet. Your life starts right now so start acting like it, or else you'll wake up one day feeling like a silhouette." Our Lives Would Make A Sad, Boring Movie-The Hotel Year

"mother, this eats me. its so hard to reject the hate that this feeds me. father, do you remember when your life changed forever? the day the life with your father was severed? someone took someone dear to you someone dear to me someone who ill never have the chance to meet and all i can be is angry your selfishness astounds me a horror that feeds off warmth surrounds me I'm drowning I'm drowning this has made a mess of me and frankly I have no more energy so all I'll be is angry" 3/60-Stick To Your Guns

" The progression of our spirit can only be held back by our own fears and doubts. We waste so much time afraid of the unknown. We lose out on a better tomorrow. We must forge our own path. Can we open our eyes and see what we can become; what we truly are? Or will we let the weight of the world crush our dreams? The choice is ours. Are we brave enough to live our passions? We can live our passions now. Don’t let them fade away. We must stay true to what sets us apart. No more holding back, we can’t afford to limit ourselves (chorus) Inside of you there are songs of fire, waiting to erupt. Sing your songs as loud as your voice will allow. Sing so loud, release the energy inside. Unlock Yourself." Unlock Yourself-The Golden Age

04:11 PM on 04/06/12
IceAge/HeatWave
it's never just the hefenrefer
User Info.

how can we go 50+ posts without a mention of the Mountain Goats? i can't even choose a favorite, these three come to mind though.

other acceptable answers: mewithoutYou, the National, and Anais Mitchell.
04:12 PM on 04/06/12
_veges_
User Info.
It's Never Sunny in South Philadelphia - The Wonder Years
"I don't think I love anything the way that some people love Morrissey. It's just that nothing speaks to me that way. And I, I can tell you that the world looks bleak from where I'm sitting at the bottom of the city, but, no matter where you sit, the skyline looks the same."

Elvis Said Ambition is a Dream With a V8 Engine - From First to Last
"I'm not the same kid that I used to be, but I still got the same philosophy. If growing up is giving in then count on me to count myself out."

Cleanse Me - O'Brother
"Lay me in the dirt and I will grow."

Melody, Save Me - Worthwhile
"Never could I tell you what music means to my life. It's like trying to describe a sunrise. As words bleed to skin, it shows it makes a difference. I feel alive in the sound of the melody."

Everything Must Go - Taking Back Sunday
"You quote the good book, when it's convenient. But you don't have the sense; no, you don't have the sense to tie your tangled tongue. Instead, you slash it through the mud."

Small Skeletal - Crime in Stereo
"Free cigarettes for all the kids to make small skeletons... I used to think it was sleep."

Uppers/Downers - Touche Amore
"To look up to me is to look down on everything."

Jesus - Brand New
"Jesus Christ, I'm alone again, so what did you do those three days you were dead? Because this problem is going to last more than the weekend."

Transparent Seas - Make Do and Mend
"I would fold my hands and buckle to my knees, and I would pray the sky would fall down on me. And I would stumble to the shore to be baptized in the waves, if it meant that everything we know doesn't go away, someday."

Patience - Balance & Composure
"Patience, all this patience. Tapping toes and always looking at the time. Strung out, always strung out, this time I think that I've really lost my mind."

We're Still Pioneers - Fireworks
"When I walk with my head down, I still manage to trip."

It may be a lot of quotes/songs, but I'm inspired by a lot.
All these are great choices
04:16 PM on 04/06/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Call It Karma - Silverstein
You are the fire on my apartment floor, sixteen stories, I'd rather burn than fall. Man and Wife, The Latter - Desaparecidos
And it's like I'm underwater, or on an endless escalator, I just go up and up, but I don't ever reach the top. And it reads just like the Bible, twenty centuries of scandal, yeah it all depends on how you interpret it.

Back Home - Yellowcard
Everybody here is living life in fear of falling out of line. Tearing lives apart and breaking lots of hearts just to pass the time. And the eyes get red in the back of your head, this place will make you blind. Put it all behind me and I'll be just fine. Another sunny day beneath this cloudless sky, sometimes I wish that it would rain here. And wash away the west coast dreaming from my eyes, there's nothing real for them to see here.

Holly Wood Died - Yellowcard
Accidents out on the highway to somewhere they tell us about when we're young. Rescuers working to clean up the crashes before she can see what they've done. Nobody told her she'd lose in the first round, the last fight was fixed from the start.

The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows - Brand New
So keep the blood in your head, and keep your feet on the ground. If today's the day we get tired, today's the day we drop out. Left my body and bed in an empty hotel, wasting words on lower cases and capitals.

all of 'The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot'

all of 'Waste of Paint' by Bright Eyes

Feet First - The Swellers
21 years now in the making, mom and dad you didn't waste your time. Because even the greatest architect's masterpiece can be torn to the ground. Well I'm still around.

I could go on forever.
04:16 PM on 04/06/12
chiefjordo
Go Gophers!
User Info.
I'd put something by Nate Ruess but I can't think of which lyric to single out.
Same. I think I'd have to almost go with something in The First Single because that whole song spoke to me lyrically for a long, long time, but idk.
04:17 PM on 04/06/12
punchedbyagirl
blaremagazine.com // Josh
User Info.
It would take me ages to pick out lyrics but musicians like Anthony Green, Andy Hull, Jordan Dreyer, Hayley Williams, Keith Goodwin, Conor Oberst, Christopher Browder, Keith Buckley and Thom Yorke come to mind. And not just new stuff, but old stuff too. Days Away had fantastic lyrics and haters can hate but Paramore's debut was an emotional wreck. It inspired a lot of musicians I know because we all thought the same thing which was the fact Williams can sing and her lyrics are deep.

Nice Blink pick Jason, Dude Ranch is timeless.
04:18 PM on 04/06/12
themadsilentist
Believe.
User Info.
I tried to pinpoint my favorite MCS lyric and was completely unable to do so. Hold Me Down, Indoor Living, Invisible Monsters...no way I could pick just one. Same goes for most of my favorite artists.

However, I will contribute one that stands out for me:

The Matches - Salty Eyes

Do please believe, however naive
Let it drag you along by the tongue at the top of your lungs
and belong, salty eyes
When you belong to a song, salty eyes....you belong.

Shawn's always been one of my favorite lyricists and this song...well, I still choke up a little bit when I listen to it, if I'm in the right mood. Couldn't sum up my lifelong love affair with music any better.

Always been super impressed with how he turns a phrase as well ...

Not to hijack the discussion or anything, but since it just happened again on this thread - this:

...keeps happening, and I assume it's not supposed to. Just in case you weren't aware.
04:18 PM on 04/06/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
"I wept, but my tears are anathema here, just more water to fill my lungs"
04:19 PM on 04/06/12
SincerelyMe
Long live the car crash hearts
User Info.
"An empty chair at all the tables, and I'll be seeing you when all my days boil down. But it's better where you're going anyway."
NFG - Sonny

"So please forgive what I have done. No, you can't stay mad at the setting sun, 'cause we all get tired, I mean, eventually, there is nothing left to do but sleep."
Bright Eyes - No Lies, Just Love

Way too many of my friends died last year. These lines/songs made me feel a little less alone in that.
04:19 PM on 04/06/12
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
another favorite of mine, by The Weakerthans (and there's so much to choose from 'em):

How we waste our precious time,
Marching in the picket line,
That surround those striking hearts,
And the time is never now,
And we know who we should love,
But we're never certain how.

I know, you might roll your eyes at this
But I'm so glad that you exist.
04:20 PM on 04/06/12
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
Anything from mewithoutYou's Catch For Us The Foxes would be pretty highly rated for me, particularly the following from 'The Soviet'. Just hits home every time I listen:

"...as the night-time shined like day it saw my sorry face,
hair a mess but it liked me best that way
(Besides, how else could I confess?
When I looked down like if to pray,
well I was looking down her dress...)
Good God, please!
Catch for us the foxes in the vineyard - the little foxes."
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates