AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 73 of 73.
02:07 PM on 04/07/12
electricism
User Info.
My first reaction to the glassjaw cover was disappointment in being an instrumental but by the end i loved it. It works perfectly that way.
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I actually did record vocals for it, but my good vocal mic is out of commission so they turned out like crap, haha.
02:30 PM on 04/07/12
bojl
asdf
User Info.
niceee
03:29 PM on 04/07/12
mattjritter
USMNT ♦ AVFC
User Info.
That Elvis cover is amazing. Kudos to thecreator.
Agreed. Beautiful cover.
08:30 PM on 04/07/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Thank you, sir.

Yes, it is the Ingrid Michelson version. It wasn't my intention to sound like her...but I did do her version because I thought it would suit my voice. I like constructive criticism though. Thanks for checking it out, regardless.

Thank you!

Your voice is absolutely lovely, btw. I'd love to hear you with a pop filter (just use a nylon stocking and some wire) over the mic and re-interpreting a song that hadn't already been re-interpreted. I think you could make something legitimately remarkable.
08:51 PM on 04/07/12
thecreator
turn back time, learn to live life
User Info.
Agreed. Beautiful cover.
Thank you, sir.
Your voice is absolutely lovely, btw. I'd love to hear you with a pop filter (just use a nylon stocking and some wire) over the mic and re-interpreting a song that hadn't already been re-interpreted. I think you could make something legitimately remarkable.
Thanks for the compliment. I wish I could do a lot more as far as recording goes. I, however, have very limited and resources. I did the cover all in one take using the built in mic on my mac.
09:18 PM on 04/07/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Thank you, sir.

Thanks for the compliment. I wish I could do a lot more as far as recording goes. I, however, have very limited and resources. I did the cover all in one take using the built in mic on my mac.
Yeah I know how stressful limited recording equipment is, for sure. It can drive you nuts. Seriously though, something as simple as wrapping a nylon stocking around a wire coat hanger you bent into a circle and placing that in front of the mic can make a world of difference. DIY is fun shit sometimes. Haha.
11:10 PM on 04/07/12
zephyrsong12345
solitary WEASEL
User Info.
Fuck, Kyle's is really awesome. Only one I was too impressed by.

edit: scratch that, Can't Help Falling In Love is also beautiful.
11:45 PM on 04/07/12
benlong
When are you coming home?
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
my favorite I think is the cover of Crush...really neat version... for people looking for decent recording equipment, look into Presonus, they make some REALLY great low price high quality stuff,for most of the covers here something like their Audiobox 22vsl would have been sufficient recording. I like their stuff so much I actually opened an Audio Installation business to sell it. Far higher quality than M-Audio's stuff(which I can sell too) for a similar if not better price range.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AudioBox22 with this and a semi decent condenser mic you'd be set for any acoustic stuff.
08:00 AM on 04/08/12
Reece Wagner
Registered Member
User Info.
I submitted a cover for this, was it not good enough? haha, there's only 12 songs...
10:56 AM on 04/08/12
imagination
/ignitetheknown
User Info.
I submitted a cover for this, was it not good enough? haha, there's only 12 songs...
Shit, I am so sorry! I did it in a rush and knew I must've forgotten one. I am so sorry Reece. I'm gonna upload it now.
11:33 AM on 04/08/12
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
my favorite I think is the cover of Crush...really neat version... for people looking for decent recording equipment, look into Presonus, they make some REALLY great low price high quality stuff,for most of the covers here something like their Audiobox 22vsl would have been sufficient recording. I like their stuff so much I actually opened an Audio Installation business to sell it. Far higher quality than M-Audio's stuff(which I can sell too) for a similar if not better price range.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AudioBox22 with this and a semi decent condenser mic you'd be set for any acoustic stuff.

Im really glad you liked it, thank you!
09:10 PM on 04/08/12
Unclear Lies
User Info.
I downloaded a few of the covers... Minneapolis currently has 15 plays on my itunes... Great cover.

If you're a fan of That Dog, I've been working on a complete cover album to Retreat From the Sun...I'm really close to being finished. I'll post it to a bandcamp hopefully by June or so
10:13 AM on 04/09/12
Reece Wagner
Registered Member
User Info.
Shit, I am so sorry! I did it in a rush and knew I must've forgotten one. I am so sorry Reece. I'm gonna upload it now.
Haha that's ok, I hadn't heard the others and figured maybe they were STELLAR or something and mine was just bunk, in which case don't bother :p
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS