Username
Password

01:31 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
So, it's been approximately 3 months now. My best friend since freshman year of high-school has been ignoring me. I have absolutely no idea why. I've texted him and messaged him on Facebook telling him I miss him, asking if I did something to piss him off, and just asking for him to at least answer me to bitch me out so I know what I did to at least try and fix things.

He doesn't answer me.

He still has me as a Facebook friend. I posted on his wall:

"So, I've been writing a song, and remembered how I used to relay my lyrics toward you to get an opinion. I dunno how you've been, I dunno what you've been up to, but let's change that. Shoot me a text or something, brudda.

P.S., congratulations on airing the radio. I still read up on [his band] quite frequently. Proud of you man. That's something we could only joke about actually happening to us 4 years ago."

And, once again, he didn't answer. Didn't delete it either, but he's made other posts since then.

I don't get it. Why wouldn't he just delete me as a friend, or delete my comment? Why won't he tell me why he doesn't want to talk to me?

What should I do? I know I should probably just forget about the dude, but he's been my closest friend. We've always had a lot of similarities, and we always would jam out together and show each other our songs and critique each other. I hung out with him over Christmas break, and that's the last I've seen of him.
01:43 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Have a feeling I'll die in my20s...
Texas
Male - 22 Years Old
Dude, people are just weird. Last night I was hanging out with my best friend, we were supposed to go to this chick's birthday party. He needed a ride since his car is fucked, I picked him up. We got there around 12am, chilling for about 2 solid hours. Cops got called and most of the kids bailed, so I'm like, "Dude, let's just go home. Or let's go somewhere else." He declined and I left. My friend calls me about an hour later and she tells me I need to pick up Mike from the party because he's being annoying and nobody wants him there anymore. Since we've been through alot together, I tell her that I'm on my way to pick him up. I drive for about 30 mns just to pick him up. I get there and he's just drinking by himself. I tell him it's time to go, he says no and that he'll leave with someone else. I told him that I fucking drove for 30 fucking minutes just to give him a ride, but he said no and started talking shit so I just left. Have no idea how he got home, but I'm pretty sure he got kicked out of the party. This morning I got a text from him saying he didn't want anything to do with me.
01:44 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
jrayrocks9191
Blah.
Male - 22 Years Old
This has happened to me about 3 or 4 times, but with groups of friends, not just one single person.

It's taken its toll on me. I sit here in my room pondering what's wrong with me and why nobody wants to be friends with me. They all just abandon me.
01:47 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 22 Years Old
being ignored is the worst. I got ignored but I think it has to do with the fact that it may be a cover up to not hurt your feelings. they don't want to say "I don't want to hang out with you anymore" but don't want to hurt you, so they ignore you instead.
01:49 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Dude, people are just weird. Last night I was hanging out with my best friend, we were supposed to go this chick's birthday party. He needed a ride since his car is fucked, I picked him up. We got there around 12am, chilling for about 2 solid hours. Cops got called and most of the kids bailed, so I'm like, "Dude, let's just go home. Or let's go somewhere else." He declined and I left. My friend calls me about an hour later and she tells me I need to pick up Mike from the party because he's being annoying and nobody wants him there anymore. Since we've been through alot together, I tell her that I'm on my way to pick him up. I drive for about 30 mns just to pick him up. I get there and he's just drinking by himself. I tell him it's time to go, he says no and that he'll leave with someone else. I told him that I fucking drove for 30 fucking minutes just to give him a ride, but he said no and started talking shit so I just left. Have no idea how he got home, but I'm pretty sure he got kicked out of the party. This morning I got a text from him saying he didn't want anything to do with me.

I feel like I would rather get a text from him saying he doesn't want anything to do with me. It's a really weird ass feeling when someone just abruptly ignores you out of the blue. We never fought about anything, I don't remember saying or doing anything to piss him off. He just randomly stopped answering anything I said toward him. I've asked him to at least just yell at me and tell me what I did, but no answer.

Another weird thing is his girlfriend used to be like a sister to me. She used to be my sister's best friend from like 2nd grade to a couple months ago. She pretty much lived here and was family. Randomly, she started blowing my sister off, and I bitched her out for it. So now neither of them acknowledge me. I even apologized for that one. But, he started ignoring me maybe a month or so before I yelled at her, so I don't think it's really related. Fucking weird shit.
01:50 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
being ignored is the worst. I got ignored but I think it has to do with the fact that it may be a cover up to not hurt your feelings. they don't want to say "I don't want to hang out with you anymore" but don't want to hurt you, so they ignore you instead.

I hate how immature people can be. We're 19 year old men in college. He (and his girlfriend) could at least man up and get over their stupid fear of confrontation. It's so childish.
01:55 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 22 Years Old
I hate how immature people can be. We're 19 year old men in college. He (and his girlfriend) could at least man up and get over their stupid fear of confrontation. It's so childish.

I agree in that I would rather be confronted than ignored. Anyways, sorry about this and hopefully he'll come around.
01:57 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Thanks, man! I'll probably end up borrowing a friend's phone and calling, honestly. Idc if I piss him off, I wanna know what the fuck I did haha
01:59 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
_veges_
If you know anyone close to him you could see if they could find out for you. Think that would be a way to do it without really pissing anyone off
02:13 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
I've seen 701 bands/artists live
Hudson County, NJ
Male
You gotta find out where he is and talk to him face to face. That way he can't dodge you.
03:15 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
I know that feeling all too well. Perhaps just give it some time and he'll talk to you when he wants to even though it may suck. Maybe if you stop talking to him, he might start talking to you again. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do.
03:25 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
You gotta find out where he is and talk to him face to face. That way he can't dodge you.

Sadly, he goes to school over an hour away, and his house is ~40 minutes away from me (we went to a huge private high school). I guess I could try and drop by his house sometime this summer, but it's really probably not worth it haha

If you know anyone close to him you could see if they could find out for you. Think that would be a way to do it without really pissing anyone off

I've been thinking that same thing. He's kinda lost contact with all of our mutual friends (he said that I was the only friend he didn't wanna lose contact with during college). His girlfriend is mad at me, but maybe I can try and ask his bandmate.

Thanks, guys. For now, I'm just not gonna dwell on it. I have plenty of other good friends that I have a good time with. I just don't really have many musician friends who like my kind of music which was always cool haha.
03:49 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
MA/CT
Male - 21 Years Old
So, it's been approximately 3 months now. My best friend since freshman year of high-school has been ignoring me. I have absolutely no idea why. I've texted him and messaged him on Facebook telling him I miss him, asking if I did something to piss him off, and just asking for him to at least answer me to bitch me out so I know what I did to at least try and fix things.

He doesn't answer me.

He still has me as a Facebook friend. I posted on his wall:

"So, I've been writing a song, and remembered how I used to relay my lyrics toward you to get an opinion. I dunno how you've been, I dunno what you've been up to, but let's change that. Shoot me a text or something, brudda.

P.S., congratulations on airing the radio. I still read up on [his band] quite frequently. Proud of you man. That's something we could only joke about actually happening to us 4 years ago."

And, once again, he didn't answer. Didn't delete it either, but he's made other posts since then.

I don't get it. Why wouldn't he just delete me as a friend, or delete my comment? Why won't he tell me why he doesn't want to talk to me?

What should I do? I know I should probably just forget about the dude, but he's been my closest friend. We've always had a lot of similarities, and we always would jam out together and show each other our songs and critique each other. I hung out with him over Christmas break, and that's the last I've seen of him.

idk bro, that's weird. kids acting like this were a hallmark of my high school years. i can only think that maybe he wants to move from his high school buddies and start life (metaphoricly) over with new friends?

friendships in our neck of the woods isn't easy
03:52 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
MA/CT
Male - 21 Years Old
I feel like I would rather get a text from him saying he doesn't want anything to do with me. It's a really weird ass feeling when someone just abruptly ignores you out of the blue. We never fought about anything, I don't remember saying or doing anything to piss him off. He just randomly stopped answering anything I said toward him. I've asked him to at least just yell at me and tell me what I did, but no answer.

Another weird thing is his girlfriend used to be like a sister to me. She used to be my sister's best friend from like 2nd grade to a couple months ago. She pretty much lived here and was family. Randomly, she started blowing my sister off, and I bitched her out for it. So now neither of them acknowledge me. I even apologized for that one. But, he started ignoring me maybe a month or so before I yelled at her, so I don't think it's really related. Fucking weird shit.

she could be telling your buddy to not talk to you because you bitched her out. that'd make sense. girls do things like that
04:56 PM on 04/07/12 
User Info.
claw38
Athens, OH
Male - 22 Years Old
My best friend from high school randomly unfriended me on facebook and just stopped talking to me for no reason. Honestly, people change and you can't do anything about it. Just let him know you miss him and let whatever happens happen..i still haven't seen my friend so good luck with your problem...it definitely feels shitty to be ignored.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets