AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

12:35 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
Killadelphia

why are you surprised that they are favored?
12:55 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
PHI Flyers10
Registered Member
University Park, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
If Boston repeats, there will be the blood of at least one newborn infant on my hands.
What an excellent 3000th post.
01:11 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
West Chester, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
why are you surprised that they are favored?

I don't think they're good enough to win the cup. and whether we get past them or the other way around in the first round, whoever comes out is going to be really beat up for the rest of the playoffs.
01:15 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
prospekt
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Playoff schedule kind of sucks. There's not enough afternoon games.

The Vancouver-Los Angeles series is going to get zero ratings unless you live near a beach on the Pacific Ocean. All four games in that series start past 10pm EST. Nobody out here in the east or midwest is going to stay up until at least midnight or 1am, pending no overtimes, four nights in a week to watch this series.
01:20 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
Playoff schedule kind of sucks. There's not enough afternoon games.

The Vancouver-Los Angeles series is going to get zero ratings unless you live near a beach on the Pacific Ocean. All four games in that series start past 10pm EST. Nobody out here in the east or midwest is going to stay up until at least midnight or 1am, pending no overtimes, four nights in a week to watch this series.

So you want those games to accommodate the east coast viewer and start at what, 7PM just like any other game? Such a time when people over here on the West Coast are typically still at work?
01:22 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
I don't see how it's any different from the last few years. There's always two teams on the west coast that play each other. Anaheim/San Jose, Los Angeles/Vancouver, Los Angeles/San Jose.

They usually bump the west coast games up to an earlier time in later rounds.
01:46 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
MA/CT
Male - 21 Years Old
go Devils

they got the best matchup but I'm sure they'll fuck it up somehow

i honestly think they're the the best suited team in the east to beat the rangers.
01:51 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
MA/CT
Male - 21 Years Old
Everyone is counting out the Flyers but they're the only team that can really contest with the Penguins. They have way more depth and it's basically going to come down to how well Bryz plays. If he plays like he did in March, it's Flyers in 6, maybe 7. The Flyers are the best team overall in the East but the Penguins are damn good too. Hopefully the games are called fairly and not in favor of the Pens like usual. If the Penguins win I won't be surprised but obviously upset about it. Whoever comes out of that series is going to be beat up badly.

New York over Ottawa in 5
Boston over Washington in 7
New Jersey over Florida in 6
Flyers over Pittsburgh in 6

Vancouver over Los Angeles in 6
St. Louis over San Jose in 5
Chicago over Phoenix in 6
Nashville over Detroit in 7

I'm holding down for the flyers. I can't stand the penguins and and I honestly think the flyers could pull it out.
01:54 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
MA/CT
Male - 21 Years Old
Wow the east is pathetic compared to the west.

I needed a good laugh today.
atlantic division alone>western conference

and what are you basing that conclusion on?
01:55 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
iheartmusic043
KKCO
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 21 Years Old
Phuck Philly
01:59 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
MA/CT
Male - 21 Years Old
rangers>senators
Bruins>caps
Devils>panthers
Flyers>pens

Vancouver>kings
Sharks>blues
hawks>coyotes
wings>preds
02:01 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
Pittsburgh
Male - 24 Years Old
Flyers are the only team in the playoffs that I'm not entirely confident the Pens can win against. Pretty nervous for this series, going to be a good one though
02:25 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
I got harassed more than usual wearing my Flyers shirt to the Pens/Flyers game yesterday, but I thought about the fact that someone wearing a Pens shirt in Philly would get it 10x worse and it made me feel better.
02:45 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
cococrisp20
3Hunna
Rangers in 6
Bruins in 6
Devils in 5
Penguins in 5

Everyone is hyping up the Penguins-Flyers series but I think it's going to be pretty uneventful.

It doesn't matter who Philly starts in net -- the Penguins offense right now is more than they can handle. In terms of the fighting stuff, the Flyers already have too many injuries, so they can't afford to have guys risk suspensions by gooning it up. And it's the playoffs too. Laviolette is not going to let AHL scrubs like Shelley and Rinaldo run wild.

The Rangers are the weakest one seed to come out of the east in a long time. They'll get by Ottawa, but unless they can return to the team they were back around the holidays, their season is over in the second round against the Penguins, Capitals, or Devils.

Washington is fast-moving and underrated, but goaltending injuries will prevent them from beating the Bruins.

The Panthers are the weakest team to make the playoffs from both conferences. If you add up their losses and OTLs, they're the only playoff team (besides LA) that has a below .500 record. By 6 games. The Devils are also underrated and decent this year. Florida really has no chance.
Bryz has played very well the last month or two of the season, Philly is one of the best road teams in the NHL (only defeated once in Pittsburgh's new arena), and no matter how many goals they may be down by, they have way too many offensive weapons and are never down and out in a game. Seriously, the Flyers lead the NHL in goals per game and it's due to their extreme depth, look at how spread out their scoring is over all their lines. The Pens are only much of an offensive threat on about 2 lines, and regardless of all the injuries, the Flyers still have one of the best and underrated defensemen in the NHL in Kimmo Timonen, and the rest of their D men have been solid enough as of late, and they don't need to worry about being air tight defensively when they will score almost 3 goals at least every game, especially on Fleury, who's struggled a lot recently. That's just my two cents but obviously I'm a major Flyers homer.

All my picks:

East:
Rangers over Sens
Bruins over Caps
Panthers over Devils
Flyers over Pens

West:
Canucks over Kings
Blues over Sharks
Coyotes over Blackhawks
Predators over Red Wings
02:56 PM on 04/08/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
I'm a Flyers fan, but I think you're underestimating the Penguins depth and Fleury's ability to be a shut down goalie. And I wouldn't say he's struggled a lot recently. You are also putting a little too much weight on Bryz having one good month, he's a question mark for me.

I think it'll be a close series, and I think its a terrible match up for Pens, who have had consistent success against everyone in the east this year except the Flyers. Still, their goaltending and the fact that they are as healthy as they've been all year at the right time will probably pull them through this series.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos