Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 11 posts
03:34 PM on 04/08/12
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
Listened to the first minute or so of the first song and thought it sounded kind of like Daylight. Sounds good!

Gonna download it now and give the full ep a listen!
Fun fact: I mixed most of the Daylight releases.

Thanks for checking it out, guys. Not sure how much music I'll actually get to release under this moniker, but I want to put out something every year if possible. Maybe play a few shows here and there when I'm not on tour.
03:46 PM on 04/08/12
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
Nope, it's just not very good. Someone hands you this at a local show, you really listening to it again?

I wouldn't.

Welp. Time to quit makin music.
03:55 PM on 04/08/12
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
If only my opinion had the power to make people quit -- we could get rid of so many bands, so quickly. Unfortunately, while opinionated, I am not all powerful. Nickelback still exists. I See Stars still sell albums.

Don't take it personally - once you put something out in the world, it's there to be judged.

I just feel like there are way worse pieces of music out there that you tend to bite your tongue. This is legitimately the first thing I've ever tried to sing on an wrote lyrics. I guess I was caught off guard with the blunt assault from the owner of this site. I fully expected hate, but moreso from actual assholes.

Everyone's got their opinions so it's whatever. I'm not exactly quitting my day job to do this.
04:05 PM on 04/08/12
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
I don't think there's much out there I bite my tongue over -- ever. Kind of one of the pillars of this website has been my inability to filter myself. I'm pretty open about what I like and don't
like.

Don't think people should take me any more or less seriously than anyone else, or someone else's opinion. Anyone can listen to the songs and decide for themselves. But, it's a sunny Sunday and I'm sitting around listening to stuff online, see a lot of comments about a band/song ... figured it was worth a listen ... and then I'm gonna comment as well.

Fair enough.
04:12 PM on 04/08/12
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
I think the bigger question for Nick is that is he gonna play this at shows? Or is it going to be the next GSOi?

As of now the band consists of me and I spend all my time on tour. I might try to play a couple shows this summer, but I'm going to be pretty busy writing a record.
04:14 PM on 04/08/12
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
Am listening now. Any way of obtaining lyrics?

I might type them up on the Bandcamp later.
04:32 PM on 04/08/12
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
Fingers crossed that this thread makes it into the top ten completely unrelated to the original post.
05:18 PM on 04/08/12
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
that being said, i like this ep a lot, i'm glad nick has an outlet for this stuff. he's a talented and hard working guy so it's good that it's getting attention...even if kids click on this thread to read 100 comments of BS, maybe they'll listen to the songs! if there are purchasable copies available on tuesday i will certainly buy one.

I doubt there will be a physical version of this. I'd like to do something eventually with maybe a future release, but that would probably be a little complicated.

I meant to change that date to today, but forgot.
05:21 PM on 04/08/12
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
Honestly we all really wanted a new Starting Line album from Kenny instead of all these other bands he's creating.

He wrote plenty of TSL records. I thought it was cool that he did something so different. I was definitely more into the dissonant songs. If only their live show came across on the recordings.
06:10 PM on 04/08/12
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
Bump.
11:22 AM on 04/09/12
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
If you go into it expecting iioi, you will probably be let down. It's 4/4 rock and roll.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos