t.web4
Gone
User Info.
This is really good.
04:52 PM on 04/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Welp. Time to quit makin music.
If only my opinion had the power to make people quit -- we could get rid of so many bands, so quickly. Unfortunately, while opinionated, I am not all powerful. Nickelback still exists. I See Stars still sell albums.

Don't take it personally - once you put something out in the world, it's there to be judged.
04:52 PM on 04/08/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Nope, it's just not very good. Someone hands you this at a local show, you really listening to it again?

I wouldn't.
Weird hearing you voice your dislike of this type of music.
04:54 PM on 04/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Weird hearing you voice your dislike of this type of music.
Not really.
04:55 PM on 04/08/12
Ryan Dennehy
Jason's entitled to his opinion. Might not agree with it, but I mean not everyone's going to like everything.
04:55 PM on 04/08/12
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
If only my opinion had the power to make people quit -- we could get rid of so many bands, so quickly. Unfortunately, while opinionated, I am not all powerful. Nickelback still exists. I See Stars still sell albums.

Don't take it personally - once you put something out in the world, it's there to be judged.

I just feel like there are way worse pieces of music out there that you tend to bite your tongue. This is legitimately the first thing I've ever tried to sing on an wrote lyrics. I guess I was caught off guard with the blunt assault from the owner of this site. I fully expected hate, but moreso from actual assholes.

Everyone's got their opinions so it's whatever. I'm not exactly quitting my day job to do this.
04:57 PM on 04/08/12
EricxFritz
Super average.
User Info.
Welp. Time to quit makin music.

That's really your only option now. If Tate doesn't like it, you're pretty much fucked.
04:57 PM on 04/08/12
DCART
@DylanCarty
User Info.
wheres prospekt to ask where the synth and lyrics about captain crunch are?
04:58 PM on 04/08/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
I would think that music like this is legitimate enough to either like it, or be indifferent to it. I'd expect you to voice your opinion on way worse music.

Basically, I'm more surprised at you voicing your dislike over something like this, rather than actually disliking it.
Whatever, I suppose.
05:00 PM on 04/08/12
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just feel like there are way worse pieces of music out there that you tend to bite your tongue. This is legitimately the first thing I've ever tried to sing on an wrote lyrics. I guess I was caught off guard with the blunt assault from the owner of this site. I fully expected hate, but moreso from actual assholes.

Everyone's got their opinions so it's whatever. I'm not exactly quitting my day job to do this.
Tate doesn't really have the best taste in music.

Shit rules.
05:01 PM on 04/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.

I don't think there's much out there I bite my tongue over -- ever. Kind of one of the pillars of this website has been my inability to filter myself. I'm pretty open about what I like and don't
like.

Don't think people should take me any more or less seriously than anyone else, or someone else's opinion. Anyone can listen to the songs and decide for themselves. But, it's a sunny Sunday and I'm sitting around listening to stuff online, see a lot of comments about a band/song ... figured it was worth a listen ... and then I'm gonna comment as well.
05:01 PM on 04/08/12
Ryan Dennehy
05:02 PM on 04/08/12
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
05:02 PM on 04/08/12
prospekt
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's really your only option now. If Tate doesn't like it, you're pretty much fucked.

Even taking your statement literally, not really.

AP makes intentional troll posts just to rack up page views. There's something on here every week about The Dangerous Summer drama, Emmure, or I See Stars. They post often about the bands they dislike.
05:03 PM on 04/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Tate doesn't really have the best taste in music.

Shit rules.
Based on your profile, (American Nightmare, The Wonder Years, Brand New, Fairview), we like virtually the exact same bands ...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos