Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
01:04 AM on 04/09/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
People's reactions to festival lineups are hilarious, if there are more than 3 DJ's/artists you want to go see, in one place, what the fuck are you complaining about.
If there are only three artists I want to see, I most certainly am not paying upwards of 80$ a day, plus transportation/lodging, to see those artists play for half the time they would if I saw them at a proper venue only for it potentially to get canceled due to rain because its outdoors.
09:25 AM on 04/09/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
The rain part is very understandable, but Lolla is rain or shine. It actually made for some pretty gnarly sets last year on Sunday. We had a downpour around 4:00 PM or so and then later around 8:00 PM right before or during the final acts. Look up footage on YouTube of Cage the Elephant, Foo Fighters, Cold War Kids, or Deadmau5 from last year and you can see what I mean.

And most of the acts get a forty-five minute to an hour slot too so it makes for a pretty satisfying set time. The past two years I've seen my favorite bands play everything I'd want to hear from them.
They are your favorite band and you can hear everything you want in 45 minutes? That doesn't even really make sense...

the festival slot time is great for bands you know some of their popular songs but aren't really into enough to sit through a two hour set. but you still need a bunch of those to show up to make it worth going.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos