Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 12 posts
10:57 PM on 04/08/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
So glad I already bought my three day pass. Passion Pit is my favorite modern pop act, I can't wait to get to see them.
11:11 PM on 04/08/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
I love seeing all the EDM in these festivals. I may be the only one on this site who does...
You're not alone. It's a big part of music during our existence and I love it now (of course after dipping my feet in the water for about a year). It may not be the most complex music out there, but there are tons of people who can't recreate the sounds and atmosphere they make. Such good party/dance/fun time jams.
12:13 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
Glad I'm not alone. Knife party is the shit.
There are so many electronic acts I want to see but I have a feeling it's going to interfere with so many other acts for me. I've love to see Avicii, Bassnectar, and Calvin Harris.
04:35 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
If there are only three artists I want to see, I most certainly am not paying upwards of 80$ a day, plus transportation/lodging, to see those artists play for half the time they would if I saw them at a proper venue only for it potentially to get canceled due to rain because its outdoors.
The rain part is very understandable, but Lolla is rain or shine. It actually made for some pretty gnarly sets last year on Sunday. We had a downpour around 4:00 PM or so and then later around 8:00 PM right before or during the final acts. Look up footage on YouTube of Cage the Elephant, Foo Fighters, Cold War Kids, or Deadmau5 from last year and you can see what I mean.

And most of the acts get a forty-five minute to an hour slot too so it makes for a pretty satisfying set time. The past two years I've seen my favorite bands play everything I'd want to hear from them.
04:38 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
If there are only three artists I want to see, I most certainly am not paying upwards of 80$ a day, plus transportation/lodging, to see those artists play for half the time they would if I saw them at a proper venue only for it potentially to get canceled due to rain because its outdoors.
Oh yeah, and some super wasted dude who looked shockingly very similar to Ben Gibbard was dancing/playing in this huge mud pit during Manchester Orchestra. I don't know why I felt that necessary to share, but it was totally amazing and worth at least $30 of my three day pass.
05:02 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
This cannot be the line-up, look at the line-up for osheaga which runs these same days. They are nearly identical line-ups
Some of my friends brought this up before, but if you look at where both festivals are they're both fairly close in location to each other. It's very likely that a band could play Friday at one, hop on a plane, and be playing Sunday at the other. Stuff like that has happened before. The ones that match up with both festivals have been rumored for awhile to be at Lolla (I think since February) so I think (with this second list coming out a couple days before the official announcement) that factor was taken into account.

Just my theory though. We'll find out soon enough.
08:59 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
Yeah I hear ya, that'd be awesome if this is the lallapaloza line-up, it would easily make it the best festival this year, easily - would just make me some what mad because I already planned and booked a trip to Canada for Osheaga ahah but I digress and hope for other peoples sake a festival this kick ass will happen
Well hey, at least you get to go to another country, assuming you're in the U.S., and see a great festival in the process. Would you lose money if you backed out? The official Lolla announcement is in like a day and a half.
11:38 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
They are your favorite band and you can hear everything you want in 45 minutes? That doesn't even really make sense...

the festival slot time is great for bands you know some of their popular songs but aren't really into enough to sit through a two hour set. but you still need a bunch of those to show up to make it worth going.
Favorite in relativity to what the lineup is. A lot of the newer bands that only have about two full lengths or a couple EPs don't usually need more than forty-five minutes to an hour. This site seems to like Blink-182 a lot so I'll relate it to that: They've been a band for like twenty years, right? When I saw them in what I think was 2009 they only played for an hour and a half. Now when I saw Eminem last year at Lolla and if he were to only go on for an hour I'd be upset, but his two hours was perfect.

So it really makes sense, at least to me and thousands of others. To each their own.
11:39 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
Bassnectar's new album is too good.
I actually haven't given him a real thorough listen but from his bigger songs that I've heard I'm really digging what he does. His remix of Ellie Goulding's Lights has been a favorite of mine for the past year or so.
11:42 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
yeah totally get to look forward to going to another country, yeah im in New York, so Montreal is actually closer, me and my friends already got my Osheaga tix and train tix those are non refundable, so yeah without doubt im still getting an awesome trip out of the country in the summer!
Sounds like a good time. Have fun!
11:47 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
So true.

Here is the base formula for organizing festivals like Lollapalooza, Coachella and Bonaroo.

Pick a few artists from each group.

Group A:

Bon Iver
The Black Keys
Mumford & Sons
Arcade Fire
Foo Fighters
Bon jovi
Bruce Springsteen

Group B:

Eminem
Lil Wayne
Kayne West
Lupe Fiasco
Kid Cudi
Theophilius London
Doomtree
Atmosphere

Group C:

Skrillex
Deadmau5
Swedish House Mafia
Avicii
Rusko
Nero
Kaskade
Wolfgang Gartner
Flying Lotus
Well yeah, they're meant to appeal to a lot of people so why wouldn't the current biggest names in rock, rap, pop, and electronic music be playing there?

EDIT: But yes, for the past few years the festivals have been similar. Even with that it doesn't take away from the mass amounts of fun to be had.
10:26 PM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
Sunday of last year was by far the greatest experience I have had at Lollapalooza in several years. That Foo Fighters set was unreal. Hands down best set I have seen in my past 5 years of going to Lollapalooza.

Anyways, so pumped for this year. Florence and the Machine is all I need.
I would've been seeing Cold War Kids if my friends decided they couldn't take the rain anymore. It was cold, I'll give them that, but it was still so epic. I wish I could've seen all the headliners on Sunday.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos