Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 158
01:13 AM on 04/09/12
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
Hmmm, might have to stay in Chicago this summer.
01:16 AM on 04/09/12
InfiniteArms
#Nygma
User Info.
01:18 AM on 04/09/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
02:52 AM on 04/09/12
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
I wish stupid Bamboozle wasn't around here. Once again, Lollapalooza, Coachella, and Bonnaroo's lineups put it to shame.
04:33 AM on 04/09/12
zbrmike79
Ran Away From Home
User Info.
Sigur Ros and At the Drive-In, all at once. that might be a selling point for me.
04:35 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
If there are only three artists I want to see, I most certainly am not paying upwards of 80$ a day, plus transportation/lodging, to see those artists play for half the time they would if I saw them at a proper venue only for it potentially to get canceled due to rain because its outdoors.
The rain part is very understandable, but Lolla is rain or shine. It actually made for some pretty gnarly sets last year on Sunday. We had a downpour around 4:00 PM or so and then later around 8:00 PM right before or during the final acts. Look up footage on YouTube of Cage the Elephant, Foo Fighters, Cold War Kids, or Deadmau5 from last year and you can see what I mean.

And most of the acts get a forty-five minute to an hour slot too so it makes for a pretty satisfying set time. The past two years I've seen my favorite bands play everything I'd want to hear from them.
04:36 AM on 04/09/12
Brandao
There's just this thing about you..
User Info.
Saturday and yesterday we had the first Lollapalooza here in Brazil. Amazing festival.... I got to see Jane's Addiction, Arctic Monkeys and MAnchester Orchestra, whom I never though I'd get to see here in Brazil. It was beautiful.

This line up looks great; Jack White, Black Keys and At The Drive In alone would be worth paying a ticket for....
04:38 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
If there are only three artists I want to see, I most certainly am not paying upwards of 80$ a day, plus transportation/lodging, to see those artists play for half the time they would if I saw them at a proper venue only for it potentially to get canceled due to rain because its outdoors.
Oh yeah, and some super wasted dude who looked shockingly very similar to Ben Gibbard was dancing/playing in this huge mud pit during Manchester Orchestra. I don't know why I felt that necessary to share, but it was totally amazing and worth at least $30 of my three day pass.
04:41 AM on 04/09/12
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
ATDI?

If even half of the line-up turns out to be true, it'll be great.
04:52 AM on 04/09/12
Andrew.Salzillo
User Info.
This cannot be the line-up, look at the line-up for osheaga which runs these same days. They are nearly identical line-ups
05:02 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
This cannot be the line-up, look at the line-up for osheaga which runs these same days. They are nearly identical line-ups
Some of my friends brought this up before, but if you look at where both festivals are they're both fairly close in location to each other. It's very likely that a band could play Friday at one, hop on a plane, and be playing Sunday at the other. Stuff like that has happened before. The ones that match up with both festivals have been rumored for awhile to be at Lolla (I think since February) so I think (with this second list coming out a couple days before the official announcement) that factor was taken into account.

Just my theory though. We'll find out soon enough.
05:35 AM on 04/09/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I would go for ATDI alone...
05:47 AM on 04/09/12
JinxRemoving
User Info.
Very solid. If I could afford it, I'd go just for ATDI, Sigur Ros, and Jack White.
06:10 AM on 04/09/12
quizonmyface
Asian girls love them some Jews
User Info.
Wow. Just wow.
06:13 AM on 04/09/12
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Very solid lineup. I'd go if I wasn't broke as shit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos