Username
Password
Tour Dates News - Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 158.
09:51 AM on 04/09/12
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
There are so many electronic acts I want to see but I have a feeling it's going to interfere with so many other acts for me. I've love to see Avicii, Bassnectar, and Calvin Harris.

Bassnectar's new album is too good.
09:59 AM on 04/09/12
Andrew.Salzillo
User Info.
Well hey, at least you get to go to another country, assuming you're in the U.S., and see a great festival in the process. Would you lose money if you backed out? The official Lolla announcement is in like a day and a half.
yeah totally get to look forward to going to another country, yeah im in New York, so Montreal is actually closer, me and my friends already got my Osheaga tix and train tix those are non refundable, so yeah without doubt im still getting an awesome trip out of the country in the summer!
10:37 AM on 04/09/12
prospekt
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All these festivals are the same.

So true.

Here is the base formula for organizing festivals like Lollapalooza, Coachella and Bonaroo.

Pick a few artists from each group.

Group A:

Bon Iver
The Black Keys
Mumford & Sons
Arcade Fire
Foo Fighters
Bon jovi
Bruce Springsteen

Group B:

Eminem
Lil Wayne
Kayne West
Lupe Fiasco
Kid Cudi
Theophilius London
Doomtree
Atmosphere

Group C:

Skrillex
Deadmau5
Swedish House Mafia
Avicii
Rusko
Nero
Kaskade
Wolfgang Gartner
Flying Lotus
10:38 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
They are your favorite band and you can hear everything you want in 45 minutes? That doesn't even really make sense...

the festival slot time is great for bands you know some of their popular songs but aren't really into enough to sit through a two hour set. but you still need a bunch of those to show up to make it worth going.
Favorite in relativity to what the lineup is. A lot of the newer bands that only have about two full lengths or a couple EPs don't usually need more than forty-five minutes to an hour. This site seems to like Blink-182 a lot so I'll relate it to that: They've been a band for like twenty years, right? When I saw them in what I think was 2009 they only played for an hour and a half. Now when I saw Eminem last year at Lolla and if he were to only go on for an hour I'd be upset, but his two hours was perfect.

So it really makes sense, at least to me and thousands of others. To each their own.
10:39 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
Bassnectar's new album is too good.
I actually haven't given him a real thorough listen but from his bigger songs that I've heard I'm really digging what he does. His remix of Ellie Goulding's Lights has been a favorite of mine for the past year or so.
10:41 AM on 04/09/12
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
User Info.
So true.

Here is the base formula for organizing festivals like Lollapalooza, Coachella and Bonaroo.

Group A:

Bon Iver
The Black Keys
Mumford & Sons
Arcade Fire
Foo Fighters
Bon jovi
Bruce Springsteen

Group B:

Eminem
Lil Wayne
Kayne West
Lupe Fiasco
Kid Cudi
Theophilius London
Doomtree
Atmosphere

Group C:

Skrillex
Deadmau5
Swedish House Mafia
Avicii
Rusko
Nero
Kaskade
Wolfgang Gartner
Flying Lotus

This is a great idea except a lot of those artists are only playing one or two at most of the festivals you're talking about.
10:42 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
yeah totally get to look forward to going to another country, yeah im in New York, so Montreal is actually closer, me and my friends already got my Osheaga tix and train tix those are non refundable, so yeah without doubt im still getting an awesome trip out of the country in the summer!
Sounds like a good time. Have fun!
10:46 AM on 04/09/12
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
real solid lineup, I wish this was a tour like it used to be though

because it is?

lol Black Sabbath is some boring metal band...get out with that stupidity

i just cant tell the difference between these festival line-ups anymore. they all look about the same and they're all solid. like, i cant grade this lineup that much differently than coachella, reading, or bonnaroo
10:47 AM on 04/09/12
ChrisJamesAdams
www.ivydye.com
User Info.
So true.

Group A:

Bon Iver
The Black Keys
Mumford & Sons
Arcade Fire
Foo Fighters
Bon jovi
Bruce Springsteen

Group B:

Eminem
Lil Wayne
Kayne West
Lupe Fiasco
Kid Cudi
Theophilius London
Doomtree
Atmosphere

Group C:

Skrillex
Deadmau5
Swedish House Mafia
Avicii
Rusko
Nero
Kaskade
Wolfgang Gartner
Flying Lotus
Well yeah, they're meant to appeal to a lot of people so why wouldn't the current biggest names in rock, rap, pop, and electronic music be playing there?

EDIT: But yes, for the past few years the festivals have been similar. Even with that it doesn't take away from the mass amounts of fun to be had.
10:54 AM on 04/09/12
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
I've only heard of 9 artists on that list, and I only care for 3 of them. Add that to the fact that I'm not an alcoholic or an avid illegal (or legal) drug abuser... yeah, no thanks.
Damn dude. The fact that you have only heard of 9 of those artists seems highly unlikely because most of them get covered on this site. I also don't see what being an alcoholic has to do with going to Lollapalooza. I drink at a lot of concerts, but I've never drank at Lollapalooza (Heat and High Prices).
11:00 AM on 04/09/12
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
wow, why do these festivals have the word electronic music possible?
avicci? nero? just terrible pop and awful dubstep....if you're gonna book electronic music, i wish they'd book actual talented artists. not avicii who sits there with a premix every single show.
Who do you want to see? You could also go to Electric Forest or Summer Camp. They offer more electronic acts.
11:23 AM on 04/09/12
WarEagle84
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Damn dude. The fact that you have only heard of 9 of those artists seems highly unlikely because most of them get covered on this site. I also don't see what being an alcoholic has to do with going to Lollapalooza. I drink at a lot of concerts, but I've never drank at Lollapalooza (Heat and High Prices).

From my previous experience with a Lollapalooza, it has a much, much higher number of alcoholics and drug users stumbling around than any other concert or music festival I've been too.
11:55 AM on 04/09/12
nickstetina
User Info.
Haha. I am being dramatic...was supposed to be on a cruise with Sarah that weekend, but got an internship this summer and can't go anymore...what a fucking sick line up though, right? Let me know if you end up going for sure. Seriously considering a 3 day pass this time.
12:11 PM on 04/09/12
MALKiiN
User Info.
PIDLAR..they mean FIDLAR
12:42 PM on 04/09/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Ah, nothing like being condescending immediately after accusing someone of having elitist issues. Love the Internet.
I'm just trying to help you man. Always sad to see Internet Metal Nerds. Such strong opinions, so much hatred of fun times.

personal opinion, get over it. you wanna like em? i aint stopping you, so don't try to stop me from laughing at them.
I like this comment.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums