AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Interview: Impending Doom

Posted by - 12:58 PM on 04/09/12
Check out our interview with Impending Doom here.
From The InterviewWell, as a Christian you get baptized, and it's symbolic to show people you're a new person. So the idea of "Baptized In Filth" is people that want to stay in their sin, or openly hate God, or are just overall wolves in sheep's clothing -- people like the "I hate ****" type of Christians, you know? It's about confronting these people and asking "what's your deal?". In my opinion, if you're going to go against God, there are going to be consequences; basically you love your sin so much that you want to be in it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
01:29 PM on 04/09/12
hisandherpes
User Info.
This guy sounds like a real winner.
01:38 PM on 04/09/12
seanthethief
User Info.
This guy sounds like a real winner.
hahaha, it's stuff like this that gives christian music a bad name. People assume they're all like this.

edit: also, christian music gives christian music a bad name because it often sucks. That goes without saying.
01:43 PM on 04/09/12
hisandherpes
User Info.
hahaha, it's stuff like this that gives christian music a bad name. People assume they're all like this.

edit: also, christian music gives christian music a bad name because it often sucks. That goes without saying.

Impending Doom is a Christian rock band?

EDIT: According to Wikipedia they're a Christian death metal band. That's just the dumbest.
01:44 PM on 04/09/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I'm curious to how he handled singing the Acacia Strain songs. Many of them are very anti-religious.
01:47 PM on 04/09/12
jasonisasleep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i like this band and their newest album, regardless of how unintelligent he comes off in this interview.
02:07 PM on 04/09/12
JosephMarro
Hellogoodbye / Joseph
User Info.
What a dork.
02:17 PM on 04/09/12
seanthethief
User Info.
Impending Doom is a Christian rock band?

EDIT: According to Wikipedia they're a Christian death metal band. That's just the dumbest.
actually, this band was a christian death metal band:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_the_Throne_of_Judgment

and they were some of the coolest, non-preachy dudes ever. Or maybe they weren't christian. I have no idea where I am going with this
02:22 PM on 04/09/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
actually, this band was a christian death metal band:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_the_Throne_of_Judgment

and they were some of the coolest, non-preachy dudes ever. Or maybe they weren't christian. I have no idea where I am going with this
At The Throne of Judgment was a Christian band.
02:26 PM on 04/09/12
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
he's confusing hating god with not thinking god is real or something because you cant hate something you dont think exists
02:38 PM on 04/09/12
_veges_
User Info.
I don't believe in Christianity or really anything it stands for, but I don't force my beliefs onto them, so I'd hope they'd do the same for me
02:54 PM on 04/09/12
Calvin Lauber
User Info.
Hahahaha yup.
03:07 PM on 04/09/12
seanthethief
User Info.
At The Throne of Judgment was a Christian band.
ok good, I thought so. Their guitar player Brad is one of the nicest, most talented people ever. And they played pretty good music without saying moronic stuff like this guy so I am glad to have known them.
03:57 PM on 04/09/12
hisandherpes
User Info.
Christian metal bands make no sense to me for 2 reasons:

- most fans can't understand the lyrics praising God
- kids go to their shows to beat the crap out of each other in the mosh pit
04:14 PM on 04/09/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
After only reading the excerpt at the top of the news page I'm already slightly annoyed.

NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE WESTBORO BAPTIST. Groups like them give Christianity a bad name. There's a pretty common saying in the church--"hate the sin, love the sinner". Christian beliefs do lay out right and wrong, and show what sin is...but that has been distorted and taken to the extreme by some groups. Then, once Christianity has been portrayed as a bunch of bigots and haters, people turn around and blast ALL Christians for things that only a few have done/said. What I'm saying is that I believe certain things are morally wrong, but I--and most Christians--don't go to a funeral and say that God wants those people dead.

My own little rant...feel free to ignore it. I haven't fully read the article or researched this guy's worldview.

EDIT: I just read the article, and agree with a lot of what he had to say. Seems like I ended up saying a lot of what was.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos