Username
Password

02:27 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
Raritan NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm heading to Ireland in a few days and was wondering if anyone has ever been there or knows any great sights, bars/pubs, or anything else to check out.

And yes, anal is on the itinerary.
02:42 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 24 Years Old
I lived there for a year, you really should hit up the Temple Bar area in Dublin, there's lots of neat shops, restaurants and bars there.

Other than that, Dublin is such a great city just to walk around in and stuff-

PS: I know the Guinness tour is supposed to be good and Free Beer? Why not.
04:33 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
Don't.
05:29 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
Wexford, Ireland
Male - 21 Years Old
I'm assuming you're coming to Dublin? Copied some good stuff off of another site.

Walking tours of Croke Park/Aviva.
Stroll around the docklands/grand canal dock.
If the weather is good rent a kayak and have a padal around grand canal dock.
Dublin pub crawl.
Liffey boat tour.
Viking Splash
Natural History Museum
National Gallery of Ireland.
Jameson distillery/Guinness storehouse for lovely views.
Walk about Phoenix Park/Dublin Zoo/Arás an Uachtarain/Dublin Castle/Temple Bar/Stephen's Green/Trinity College
If you're into history, art and film, there's IMMA, Hugh Lane Gallery, Chester Beatty Library at Dublin Castle, National Gallery, National Museum at Kildare Street, National History Museum, IFI, Lighthouse Theatre.
If you're in the city centre you can take the Dart out to Dalkey/Killiney for a walk around the quarry/hill or out to Howth for the cliff walk.
If you've got a car you can head up to Glendelough, Co. Wicklow.
Have a few cans then head for the chipper.
05:38 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old
LOCH NESS MONSTER!! Just kidding...
05:44 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
Wexford, Ireland
Male - 21 Years Old
LOCH NESS MONSTER!! Just kidding...

05:47 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
JustThatGuy
Overdosed on Apathy
Daytona Beach
Male - 22 Years Old
I'll get there one day, for now I just watch the Boondock Saints in my garage while drinking Guinness
06:06 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
Keri
When I was in Dublin I got a pass for the bus. It's a hop on/hop off bus. So you get a ticket (I think there are different types, like one day, two day) and then you can get back on at any of the stops in the city as many times as you want. They are double-decker busses so that was awesome to see the city that way. Dublin is such a great city, I really miss it sometimes.

Unfortunately when I went last year, it was the same time as the queen. So many things were closed and I'm still slightly bitter about that.
07:10 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
G.B.
No one else will have me, only you.
Cambridge, MA
Male - 31 Years Old
When I was there in 2010, I did the Temple Bar thing which was fun for an evening... then I had a cab driver point me in the direction of the bars on Grafton Street.

So much fun, much more than Temple Bar, less touristy, felt more genuine. Trying to think of the name of the pubs we frequented....

Don't spend all your time in Dublin.

Cork, Killarney, Cliffs of Moher, Blarney... these places were my favourites in Ireland. Dublin is fun, but yeah, outside the city is where all the fun is had!
08:28 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 24 Years Old
I'm assuming you're coming to Dublin? Copied some good stuff off of another site.

Walking tours of Croke Park/Aviva.
Stroll around the docklands/grand canal dock.
If the weather is good rent a kayak and have a padal around grand canal dock.
Dublin pub crawl.
Liffey boat tour.
Viking Splash
Natural History Museum
National Gallery of Ireland.
Jameson distillery/Guinness storehouse for lovely views.
Walk about Phoenix Park/Dublin Zoo/Arás an Uachtarain/Dublin Castle/Temple Bar/Stephen's Green/Trinity College
If you're into history, art and film, there's IMMA, Hugh Lane Gallery, Chester Beatty Library at Dublin Castle, National Gallery, National Museum at Kildare Street, National History Museum, IFI, Lighthouse Theatre.
If you're in the city centre you can take the Dart out to Dalkey/Killiney for a walk around the quarry/hill or out to Howth for the cliff walk.
If you've got a car you can head up to Glendelough, Co. Wicklow.
Have a few cans then head for the chipper.

I used to go to school in Kiliney. It's gorgeous. Definitely go there just to walk around for a bit if anything -
09:38 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
josephw002
No Avatar Selected
bmw
Male - 34 Years Old
I know the Guinness tour is supposed to be good and Free Beer? Why not.
09:45 PM on 04/09/12 
User Info.
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
Raritan NJ
Male - 26 Years Old

Thanks for all the help! I'm actually going to be in Dublin for a couple days. We rented a car for the week and will be staying in Galway, where our hotel is located. Shoulda mentioned that in the original post, haha.
10:16 AM on 04/10/12 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 24 Years Old
Thanks for all the help! I'm actually going to be in Dublin for a couple days. We rented a car for the week and will be staying in Galway, where our hotel is located. Shoulda mentioned that in the original post, haha.

I've only been to Galway once on a school trip. It's very scenic. As for stuff to do, unfortunately I'm not much help in that area.
11:24 AM on 04/10/12 
User Info.
So-Crates
Registered Member
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 24 Years Old

Yeah everything that has been mentioned to do in Dublin is really good, I'd also say get the dart out to Howth. Its a got cliffs, beach and harbour village in one. If your up in the Galway area, check out the Cliffs of Moher http://www.cliffsofmoher.ie/ its nearby. Also Kerry is absolutely beautiful if you have a day to spare.
04:54 PM on 04/10/12 
User Info.
Tilde
Rudiger.
Male - 22 Years Old
Well in Dublin they have a ridiculously overpriced wax-museum which smells horrible. Actually everything is over-priced. But the architecture around the city is quite nice. If you're not going to Dublin, the north coast is quite good (Complete opposite ends of the country, it's a long shot but still) and unfortunately if you aren't at the beaches or one of the big cities then there isn't much to do or see..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos