|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Louise Body – Vocals
Ollie Smith – Guitar
Jason Coles – Guitar
Shane Yard - Bass
1. How did you get your band name?
Louise: It's from the film Big. The machine that grants wishes is called Zoltar Speaks.
2. How did this band get started?
Bean: From the fall of another.
Louise: Yeah, we were all friends from school. Bean was in other bands which didn't work out. Then we got together, had a few lineup changes over the years then Shane, Ollie and Jason joined.
Ollie: I was asked to audition through Facebook and I guess I got the job?!
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Louise: The band itself has lots of different influences musically, but individually my biggest influence would probably be Journey and Coheed and Cambria.
Shane: Slipknot, Devildriver and Cradle of Filth.
Jason: It would have to be Whitesnake and PRIMUS!
Ollie: Maiden, Metallica and Slayerrrrr!
Bean: Avenged Sevenfold, BFMV and Trivium.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
J: It would be epic to tour with Protest The Hero, those guys are hilarious! I would totally have a beard-off with them!
O: My dream tour would be Pantera just because of the crazy fun stuff they would get up to! Check out their home vids!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
S: My fiance makes us tasty pastry treats to take with us.
L: And they usually only last a day!
O: Anything other than bacon crispy bits from Pizza Hut!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
B: Because we're offering more than any of the "scenes". We're after more, we want more and we want to give more to the industry.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
S: None. It's not my thing, I do enough athletics on stage!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
L: We would all thank our very supportive partners, family and friends. And I especially would thank Bean's parents for letting us destroy their house with our music for the last 5 years!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
O: I'd get rid of every sub par musician who is signed and getting paid. Unfortunately that would be the majority these days. So frustrating that there's so much musical talent out there yet so much junk being force fed to us all!
10. Memorable tour experience?
B: Ollie mistaking a public footpath for the wilderness and having the biggest shepherds pie looking crap known to man all over it!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
J: An awesome website for both signed and unsigned bands.
L: And we thank you for having us on your corner of the world wide web!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
L: I would have to say "Treatment" too.
B: "See You In Another Life Brother"
O: "The Best Revenge"
J: "I'm Coming"
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
O: Metallica's Black Album
B: The Who! Hell yes!
S: Randy Newman - You've Got A Friend In Me
L: Pink Floyd, Billy Idol and Billy Joel
J: Whitesnake, baby! And A-ha
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
O: The ability to turn back time so I could be a kid again.
J: I would pee ginger beer because ginger beer is the drink of champions!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
S: Probably insulting each other as much as we can!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
B: I like to think I can play guitar.
J: Under this beard there is a really, really ridiculously good looking man. There is no razor known to man that is strong enough to get rid of it though!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
S: I know we could do well on the radio but at the same time I think radio has become very limited in what it plays now.
O: Radio 1 rock show and other rock slots would be our target radio shows. But it seems any tone deaf moron can make a number 1 hit these days!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
S: All of my spare time it spent hanging out with my band as they are my best friends.
J: Hanging with these guys, playing Final Fantasy and watching Supernatural.
L: PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Louise: I have a pretty awesome hidden talent!
Jason: But the less said about that the better!
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author