Username
Password
fun. News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 43 of 43.
09:05 PM on 04/10/12
basselmudarris
The sun will forever keep rising.
User Info.
Agree completely. I do like the beginning "what have we done" part, but that's it really.
On a separate note, can someone rip this?
http://www.mediafire.com/?346jd4731lrcje5

That's ripped from the same video, except the one on Vimeo, which I actually can't find now...
09:13 PM on 04/10/12
basselmudarris
The sun will forever keep rising.
User Info.
Serious question: Is there a single singer talked about on this website that sounds as good as Nate Ruess unplugged like this? Guys voice is unbelievable.
Andrew McMahon has to be in the conversation, but Nate's voice is hard to argue against.
04:01 AM on 04/11/12
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
I don't think this was live at all. You can tell especially because the guitar strums are very off in a lot of the shots but none of the other audio is off. Which means they recorded it and when playing the guitarist didn't use quite the same strumming pattern for the video in which he did in the recording.

Most bands do this and most companies/video makers that do acoustic videos like this do it as well. The performance is incredible but it's clearly EQ'd a ton and tuned up quite a bit.
i think its just that the audio is out of sync with the video, which happens all the time on youtube. sure its possible that this audio was edited, but Nate has always been that good live, even way back in the format days.
04:32 AM on 04/11/12
JinxRemoving
User Info.
Awesome! This is my favorite on the album.
05:35 AM on 04/11/12
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
I started quoting, but I soon realized I'd end up quoting this entire thread, so let me just say I agree with almost all of you. Incredible talent.
05:46 AM on 04/11/12
Nardes
User Info.
Andrew McMahon has to be in the conversation, but Nate's voice is hard to argue against.

Andrew has a phenomenal voice... But doesn't touch Nate's. Nates range and ease of hitting anything in that range puts him above the rest.
05:56 AM on 04/11/12
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
Andrew McMahon does not have a phenomenal voice.
08:21 AM on 04/11/12
SamKS
ribbons and sugar
User Info.
i think its just that the audio is out of sync with the video, which happens all the time on youtube. sure its possible that this audio was edited, but Nate has always been that good live, even way back in the format days.
I just watched a video of them playing at that Mtv awards show and he sounded less than stellar.
09:59 AM on 04/11/12
Kapa73
User Info.
i really wish that 'It Gets Better' was cut from the album. it just ruins it for me, they should have replaced it with 'A Night on the Town' or whatever the B-Side is called.
100% agree with you....and One Foot as well. Sadly those are "always skip!" for me on an otherwise amazing release.
11:16 AM on 04/11/12
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't think this was live at all. You can tell especially because the guitar strums are very off in a lot of the shots but none of the other audio is off. Which means they recorded it and when playing the guitarist didn't use quite the same strumming pattern for the video in which he did in the recording.

Most bands do this and most companies/video makers that do acoustic videos like this do it as well. The performance is incredible but it's clearly EQ'd a ton and tuned up quite a bit.
There might be sync issues, but this is definitely live. That's how good this band is. Watch We Are Young and Carry On performed in the same set. And then watch any other acoustic performance by them. They are all on par, although this one was probably recorded with some better equipment.
11:34 AM on 04/11/12
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
User Info.
<3
06:30 PM on 04/11/12
SamKS
ribbons and sugar
User Info.
There might be sync issues, but this is definitely live. That's how good this band is. Watch We Are Young and Carry On performed in the same set. And then watch any other acoustic performance by them. They are all on par, although this one was probably recorded with some better equipment.
I can promise you that it's overdubbed.
11:26 PM on 04/11/12
70timesseven
User Info.
I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't like fun., except their acoustic performances I've seen on Youtube. This is excellent. Why can't the whole album just be acoustic? Then I'd actually listen to it. I guess I crawl back to the past and stick with the Format.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS