AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Record Sales News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 72.
10:27 AM on 04/11/12
seankane
User Info.
Where is the AP love for Of Monsters and Men?

One of the best albums of the year, 50,000+ sales in their first week in the US and they get no mention here. Either you guys are oblivious or just slacking.
10:32 AM on 04/11/12
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
15 weeks on the chart, still number one, and they fucking held off Bieber's new single. That's ridiculous.
10:32 AM on 04/11/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
I'm still shocked Adele keeps moving over 100k units a week. Are there 100,000 people discovering Adele every week?
10:35 AM on 04/11/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Where is the AP love for Of Monsters and Men?

One of the best albums of the year, 50,000+ sales in their first week in the US and they get no mention here. Either you guys are oblivious or just slacking.
They can't cover every band and OMaM isn't exactly the music AP.Net usually highlights. But that is really cool they sold so many albums. That single is killer.
10:36 AM on 04/11/12
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
I looked yesterday on iTunes, and "Some Nights" was like the 90th best selling song. Their second single is so important, because at a certain point people just see a band released a new single and they download it immediately and the radio starts playing it out the ass, i.e. Katy Perry.
10:38 AM on 04/11/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
I'm still shocked Adele keeps moving over 100k units a week. Are there 100,000 people discovering Adele every week?
I don't think discovering so much as still buying the album. You have to consider that huge selling albums with legs often sell forever. I mean "Thriller" spent 80 weeks in the Top Ten. That's absolutely insane.
10:40 AM on 04/11/12
Ryan Dennehy
I looked yesterday on iTunes, and "Some Nights" was like the 90th best selling song. Their second single is so important, because at a certain point people just see a band released a new single and they download it immediately and the radio starts playing it out the ass, i.e. Katy Perry.
It's #50 today. It's moving up. It'll be huge, probably bigger than 'We Are Young'.
10:44 AM on 04/11/12
septembergirl92
User Info.
Fun gets played a ton, like Adele, hear in Ca. The Sacramento - San Francisco region usually has the band playing on one station every 10 minutes.
Basically.

Also, I can't believe they are already on Now! That's What I Call Music 41.
10:47 AM on 04/11/12
seankane
User Info.
They can't cover every band and OMaM isn't exactly the music AP.Net usually highlights. But that is really cool they sold so many albums. That single is killer.
Most of the bands covered here aren't remotely "punk" so it only makes sense one of the newest/best rock bands around should get some recognition as well.
10:50 AM on 04/11/12
PengusNiugnep
@PenguinGengar
User Info.
So happy for fun. and Adele. Not quite so happy about Minaj.
11:01 AM on 04/11/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Nicki Minaj is one of the very few rap/hip hop artists I love. Roman Reloaded is pretty good as a whole but there are a hair too many pop tracks.
11:06 AM on 04/11/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
I don't think discovering so much as still buying the album. You have to consider that huge selling albums with legs often sell forever. I mean "Thriller" spent 80 weeks in the Top Ten. That's absolutely insane.
Very true. Plus this is just the US charts. I could understand if she was moving 100k units worldwide but in one country is insanity. This album will be charting for quite some time.
11:08 AM on 04/11/12
Privr005
User Info.
How is fun. so consistent? I don't hear any radio play or anything.

Here in MN there are a couple stations that play We Are Young all the time, and we rarely get play of ANY music that this site promotes with the exception of some of the massive bands. That song is absolutely huge up here
11:09 AM on 04/11/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
How is fun. so consistent? I don't hear any radio play or anything.

Shit, you can't avoid it in our market.
11:09 AM on 04/11/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Here in MN there are a couple stations that play We Are Young all the time, and we rarely get play of ANY music that this site promotes with the exception of some of the massive bands. That song is absolutely huge up here

Ha yeah ^
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums