AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Info. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Republic of American Gospel

Posted by - 01:19 PM on 04/12/12
The Republic of Wolves singer/guitarist Gregg DellaRocca has a new side project called American Gospel. His debut album, Tall Tales Vol. 1, will be available May 15th. Hit the replies for the press release regarding the release and the track listing.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
01:20 PM on 04/12/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Press Release with Track ListingNew York, New York - April 12, 2012 - American Gospel, the solo project of The Republic of Wolves' guitarist/singer Gregg DellaRocca, will be releasing their debut album, Tall Tales Vol. 1, on May 15th. A primarily conceptual writing project, DellaRocca combines story telling and personal experiences to deliver a fun, compelling, and sometimes dark, multi genre musical journey. With an impressive artwork of thought-provoking lyrics and unique instrumental parts, this is without a doubt a record you will not be able to put down.

Started in late 2009, Tall Tales Vol. 1 was recorded over the course of three years in two separate locations, DellaRocca's home studio in New York and his mobile studio in East Palestine, Ohio. In addition to writing the full album, DellaRocca also plays the majority of instruments and handles all of the production work. Over the past four years, he has embraced the DIY method to the best of his ability. The beautiful album artwork for Tall Tales Vol.1 was oil painted by DellaRocca himself, as well as a series of prints that correspond to a few of the stories on the album.

DellaRocca has been writing, recording, and playing for over eleven years. After graduating from Full Sail University with a degree in Audio Engineering, he finally found success in 2009 with The Republic of Wolves and the release of their debut EP, His Old Branches. Aside from writing, DellaRocca also handled the production and recording aspects of the project. The Republic of Wolves is still an active endeavor for DellaRocca, and in November 2010 they released their first full-length album, Varuna. Less than two months following the release of Varuna, The Republic of Wolves released it's counter part, a seven song EP titled The Cartographer and for the first time featured DellaRocca as the lead vocalist and writer. It was then that DellaRocca realized it was his time to release the masterpiece he has been keeping to himself, Tall Tales Vol. 1.

DellaRocca tells us, "This album was an opportunity for me to tell my stories. Some are true and some are not. But all of them together create something I think is special. Within the combinations of imagination, emotions, and pride. I found the timeline of my life so far, and I turned it into song."

American Gospel will release Tall Tales Vol. 1 on May 15th. Tall Tales Vol. 1 will be available for physical purchase, as well as digitally on iTunes and BandCamp.

To pre-order Tall Tales Vol. 1 or for more information, please visit: www.American-Gospel.com

Track Listing:
01. I Know
02. Bayonet
03. The Hanged Man
04. Say
05. Hunting Boar
06. The Woods
07. The Falling Feeling
08. Better Off
09. Forget Not Yet
10. I'll Never Let You Go
11. World Lines
12. Geronimo
01:39 PM on 04/12/12
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
Really looking forward to this.
01:50 PM on 04/12/12
lisagarelick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really looking forward to this.
This x 1 million
01:53 PM on 04/12/12
aimyylaud
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm so excited for this!
01:54 PM on 04/12/12
deathcabforamy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cannot Wait!
02:07 PM on 04/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
It's a cool album. I think people will dig it
02:13 PM on 04/12/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
if possible, i would have sex with this album.
02:26 PM on 04/12/12
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.
I'm very excited.
02:27 PM on 04/12/12
RuckerPark
OutwardsInWords.com
User Info.
It's a cool album. I think people will dig it
dig your site man! keep up the good work.
02:32 PM on 04/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
dig your site man! keep up the good work.
Thanks so much!
02:47 PM on 04/12/12
nofx555
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love Republic of Wolves! So pumped for this!
03:11 PM on 04/12/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Record has more an indie type feel to it - reminds me a bit of..say Brandon Flowers meets Man Orch or something
03:26 PM on 04/12/12
gman610
Second Best
User Info.
"Masterpiece" is strong wording, but nonetheless I'm excited for this. Already preordered.
03:27 PM on 04/12/12
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Record has more an indie type feel to it - reminds me a bit of..say Brandon Flowers meets Man Orch or something
I hate Brandon Flowers, but for some reason, this made me say "Fuck, yes!" in my head.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos