AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Mayday Parade News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Mayday Parade Acoustic Session

Posted by - 03:13 PM on 04/12/12
An acoustic session with Mayday Parade can be found here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
03:20 PM on 04/12/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
\m/
06:02 PM on 04/12/12
Penguin
ANTHYDING CAN HADPLEN
User Info.
Cool to see "I Swear This Time I Mean It." One of my favorites from ABH. I feel like I've heard "When You See My Friends" acoustically tons of times, though. I wish they'd pick a deeper cut from the s/t.
08:33 PM on 04/12/12
Spencer Control
So it goes.
User Info.
Cool to see "I Swear This Time I Mean It." One of my favorites from ABH. I feel like I've heard "When You See My Friends" acoustically tons of times, though. I wish they'd pick a deeper cut from the s/t.

THANK YOU.

Also, I thought I Swear This Time I Mean It was already basically acoustic?

I'll say it again: No Heroes Allowed. C'mon, guys. Make my day.
08:38 PM on 04/12/12
Penguin
ANTHYDING CAN HADPLEN
User Info.
THANK YOU.

Also, I thought I Swear This Time I Mean It was already basically acoustic?
That is true...

Quote:
I'll say it again: No Heroes Allowed. C'mon, guys. Make my day.
Yes! That would be awesome.
10:45 PM on 04/12/12
MSIndulgence
www.signaturemistakes.com
User Info.
I've seen them do "I Swear This Time I Mean It" in about 7 different acoustic sessions. Not exaggerating. This is the first video I've seen them doing "When You See My Friends" so I really don't get it, besides the acoustic version they released yesterday on their Facebook.
11:35 PM on 04/12/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Both songs are pretty common...but it's smart to play singles and hits/popular songs in these things. I thought they did a good job and the songs sounded great. Now of course...I would still love to hear the deep cuts, but at least I already have at least one version of those.
06:31 AM on 04/13/12
lorna
User Info.
awesome :) i saw them supporting ymas and didnt think much of them but they're really good
06:57 AM on 04/13/12
derekjd
Mr.DRM
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Both songs are pretty common...but it's smart to play singles and hits/popular songs in these things. I thought they did a good job and the songs sounded great. Now of course...I would still love to hear the deep cuts, but at least I already have at least one version of those.

What do you mean?
09:21 AM on 04/13/12
Noble.au
User Info.
I've seen them do "I Swear This Time I Mean It" in about 7 different acoustic sessions. Not exaggerating. This is the first video I've seen them doing "When You See My Friends" so I really don't get it, besides the acoustic version they released yesterday on their Facebook.
I think it's been a lot more than 7 I love that song but some variation would be great.
09:21 AM on 04/13/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
I always like their acoustic stuff.
01:08 PM on 04/13/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.

I mean both songs are done pretty often in acoustic sessions. And then later on in the thing I meant that I'd love to hear them do more deep cuts, but it does make sense to play the hits and singles mostly.
05:56 PM on 04/14/12
derekjd
Mr.DRM
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I mean both songs are done pretty often in acoustic sessions. And then later on in the thing I meant that I'd love to hear them do more deep cuts, but it does make sense to play the hits and singles mostly.
I gotchya. Way I read it made me think you'd found a version of the deep cuts other than the ones on the album. I was all ready to beg and everything.
So, what would your dream acoustic setlist from them be? Say maybe six songs.
Mine:
Jersey
No Hereos Allowed
A Shot Across the Bow
Ocean and Atlantic
Black Cat
You be the really fucking long title, I'll be the one who tries to remember it, fails, and makes up a fucking longer title.
01:31 AM on 04/15/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I gotchya. Way I read it made me think you'd found a version of the deep cuts other than the ones on the album. I was all ready to beg and everything.
So, what would your dream acoustic setlist from them be? Say maybe six songs.
Mine:
Jersey
No Hereos Allowed
A Shot Across the Bow
Ocean and Atlantic
Black Cat
You be the really fucking long title, I'll be the one who tries to remember it, fails, and makes up a fucking longer title.

Haha thatd be awesome to hear more of the deep cuts! And props for actually writing out the full song titles.

Mine would be: (none that have any acoustic versions)
One Man Drinking Games
So Far Away
I'd Rather Make Mistakes
If You Wanted A Song
Call Me Hopeless
I'd Hate To Be You
06:09 AM on 04/15/12
derekjd
Mr.DRM
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha thatd be awesome to hear more of the deep cuts! And props for actually writing out the full song titles.

Mine would be: (none that have any acoustic versions)
One Man Drinking Games
So Far Away
I'd Rather Make Mistakes
If You Wanted A Song
Call Me Hopeless
I'd Hate To Be You
Oh man that would be awesome.
I wish they'd release an acoustic version of ALIR, maybe even have Jason come back for it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos