|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
I needed a solo name. Ghosts are like all mysterious and stuff. But that was just too simple, so swap the g for a k and add some dashes and there ya' go.
2. How did this band get started?
The project kinda came after the music. I made some songs, which turned into an album, which I then realised needed some kind of project name.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
SikTh, Protest the Hero, Scale the Summit, August Burns Red, Between the Buried and Me, Animals as Leaders, Parkway Drive.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Enter Shikari. They're English, and look like they have so much fun. And they're the only band I've seen live, 3 times.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
No idea. Never been on tour.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because the music's free and if you like any of those bands I'm influenced by, there's no reason for you to not check my stuff out. Plus, if I can make music alone, it might inspire someone else to do it.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Just not an English footballer. There's only ever bad news about them.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My teddy bear and my Mum.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Get rid of the annoying people. I generally dislike the judges on talent shows. I'd be a bit more for it if the contestants would write their own music. They may have talent without doing so, but I just think it's so silly otherwise.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Never been on tour.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A place of opportunity, freedom, and love. Most of all the love. And the doughnuts.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
For covers: White Walls by Between the Buried and Me. The longest and most technical song I know how to play, and introduced me to sweeping.
For my songs: Rapture. It's an older song with more of a metalcore influence, but I love playing it.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Germany. Don't like beaches, I prefer the city, and roads, and trains, and definitely not water. Plus I know German. Sort of.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
I'm kinda not out of it... But any hip hop from the 2000s reminds me of the music I used to like, and have now moved away from.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Be invisible. Like a g-khost. Heh. Heheheh. I have no shame.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Never played a show.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That I exist.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I think radio is declining in popularity anyhow. I check YouTube way more often than I ever turn on the radio, but that's probably because you can find whatever you want to find. I would never have discovered the music I listen to now had it not been for the internet. The radio just seems too repetitive.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Write music. Mix music. Video games.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Picking up a glass of lemonade, taking a sip, them putting it down. I'm so damn good at that.
21. How old are you?
22. When did you start playing your instrument?
Guitar when I was 12. Drums when I was 14. Bass a few months ago.
23. How do you make your music?
My DAW is Cubase. Record scratch guitars. Then program midi drums into Superior Drummer. Real guitars. Bass last. Add all effects afterwards. I like it that way. Then master the tracks.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |