Username
Password
Recommended News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recommended
Inside AP.net

Staff Recommendations: April 15th, 2012

Posted by: Blake Solomon (04/14/12)
There's not a lot to say, other than spring is most definitely here. Which, yeah, is the most boring thing someone can say. Let's talk about the weather! Interesting! Maybe in the replies we just try and keep it real and discuss all the interesting things that have happened this past week. Whatever.
Blake SolomonThe best album, by far, that I have heard this year is All Get Out's The Season. It's passionate, tough and also, somehow, accessible. I honestly don't see something else this year hitting me like this album has. Oh, and, it came out in 2011. So, I'm stupid. However, Eyes Wide's When It's Raining EP and Pity Sex's Dark World are two records that have left a mark. So whatever, just enjoy music.

Ryan GardnerBasically, all I've listened to the past week is the upcoming The Tower and The Fool record, How Long. Easily one of my favorite records of the year. Also, planning to spend some more time with The Forecast's latest - really enjoyed it on first listen.

Adam PfleiderBands I saw this week: At the Drive-In, Zechs Marquise, Look Mexico, Sainthood Reps, All Get Out, Balance and Composure, La Dispute, Minus the Bear, Cursive, Black Joe Lewis. Life is good. Read this stuff and let's talk about life.

Alex DiVincenzoThis week I caught Set Your Goals on their tour with Cartel and heard their two new Chad Gilbert-produced tracks, so I've been listening to them a lot lately. I also discovered a lot of great bands in our fake records label discussion. And Ryan is right; that The Tower and The Fool record is excellent.

Kyle HuntingtonRe-discovered my love for Casually Here. If you are a fan of SBTRKT or The xx/Jamie xx then I highly recommend grabbing the PELT EP for free from here.

Jack ApplebyI've ranted and raved about Sucré all week; just gorgeous songs. NGHBRS has gotten a lot of love on long drives with the windows down, along with All Get Out - great rock tunes. For those of you progsters, the new Children of Nova record is fantastic. I've been going through older Anberlin in anticipation of RSD as well. Go listen to those bands, then re-watch the early seasons of The Office.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 57
09:49 PM on 04/14/12
jess' man
User Info.
Don't care when The Season came out. Come and Gone is the most beautiful thing ever created.
09:51 PM on 04/14/12
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
Don't care when The Season came out. Come and Gone is the most beautiful thing ever created.
09:57 PM on 04/14/12
amorning_ofsleep
Drink 23 more
User Info.

10:17 PM on 04/14/12
kbi the crowing
dr( )ning the days away
User Info.
10:27 PM on 04/14/12
syntax omitted
User Info.
Jimmy Eat World b-sides. All of them!

And Brendan Rivera's No Ocean in Ireland. Sigur Ros' new album is beautiful too.
10:31 PM on 04/14/12
SafetyofRoutine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All Get Out
10:42 PM on 04/14/12
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Been re-listening to The Suburbs by Arcade Fire a lot lately.
10:51 PM on 04/14/12
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
11:05 PM on 04/14/12
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
A Blast from the past:

Acceptance - Phantoms

11:13 PM on 04/14/12
ParkAvenue
Death Before Decaf
User Info.

I've been listening to Trash Talk's Awake EP non-stop today.
11:28 PM on 04/14/12
njsuccessstory
The '59 Sound
User Info.
This, seeing them live and the rest of Death Grips' The Money Store

Dry The River - Shallow Bed
Walk The Moon- "Anna Sun" (Can't get this song out of my head)
Jack White
Refused- Discography
Record Store Day (AP Thread)

Lastly, seeing Refused this week was amazing. One of the best shows I've been to ever.
11:50 PM on 04/14/12
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
User Info.
Pity Sex- Dark World
Dowsing- All I Could Find Was You
BBNG- BBNG2
Japandroids- Post Nothing
Bright Eyes- Fevers and Mirrors
11:58 PM on 04/14/12
rudytherocka
Abilene Christian University
User Info.
Pity Sex and Eyes Wide are definitely ruling right now. Good recommendations, glad to see these bands getting recognized!
12:03 AM on 04/15/12
Mochem
User Info.

Very awesome. It was a grower for me. Check it out if you like Grown Ups, Title Fight, good emotive punky stuff. And Jeremy Bolm of Touche Amore does guest vocals on one of their older songs apparently. So that's neat.

http://sweetweapons.bandcamp.com/alb...ick-ass-summer
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums