Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 172
12:15 AM on 04/16/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
How the fuck is this dubstep, in any way? Unless dubstep has suddenly became a synonym for any kind of electronic music.
12:19 AM on 04/16/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
Linkin Park fans are morons. "Der they're sellouts and generic as fuck now, I wish they'd go back to just writing the same song over and over, the one that sounded like Puddle of Mudd with rapped verses." Can you hear yourselves? Whether or not they're succeeding I can appreciate the fact that they might sincerely not want to do that anymore.
12:20 AM on 04/16/12
MObassman
Slappin' da bass in El Famous
User Info.
My roommate took a picture of my actual reaction to this without me knowing. Pretty spot on, don't ya think? haha, ugh

12:25 AM on 04/16/12
fishguts182
Pop Punks For Hugs Not Thugs
User Info.
horrible
12:25 AM on 04/16/12
mister fresh
nightynightmedia.com
User Info.
I'm really not a LP fan, but they have a handful of good songs and they at least seem to always have pretty good lead singles. This one's just underwhelming in every way though.
12:39 AM on 04/16/12
Say Hello 87
User Info.
its not bad, i do agree with what chester was saying about having epic choruses, at least mike is sort of rapping here, but i think for having 6 people in the band they could have many, many more elements then simply synth, programmed drums, real drums and simple guitar work. i miss their first album.

i realize their whole idea was to get away from having people replicate them, but now they're replicating alt rock.

i dig the song generally, but i do think for it being their 5th full length, i expected much more technical aspects to it, this is way too simple for a first single.
12:41 AM on 04/16/12
Likelinus
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Listened to it again and in someway i think it´s a grower! but i hate its lack of dynamics.
The same boring mid-tempo beat all over the song and nothing surprising happens. It has the typical "made for radio" aura for sure. But it´s better than Rihanna at least...
12:42 AM on 04/16/12
Say Hello 87
User Info.
Also, their band USED to be a "living thing", sorry i had to make fun of that.
12:43 AM on 04/16/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Well its better than anything off A Thousand Suns. At least it has some proper verse/chorus structure. Its just boring compared to the likes of Hybrid Theory or Meteora. Those albums had a certain energy to them that just feels lacking here. Still think they can write good songs so don't want to completely write off the new album, but this song certainly doesn't help me get excited about it.
12:44 AM on 04/16/12
InfiniteArms
Oh, the places you'll go!
User Info.
Not a fan. Which is surprising because I liked A Thousand Suns.

EDIT: Listened to it a second time, hoping it would grow on me and I couldn't listen to it all the way through.
12:48 AM on 04/16/12
CapitalG24
User Info.
I've loved all their albums, I'm glad their a band that changes and doesn't make the same stuff over and over. I prefer them doing this than going back to a totally nu-metal style, nu-metal is pretty dead now, it was big in 90s yeah sure, A Thousand Suns was a great step up and a fantastic concept album. I like Burn It Down, it has a very 'singly' vibe to it, it is pretty generic, but I cannot wait for their album, I have high hopes. The more I listen to Burn It Down, the more it grows on me.
12:51 AM on 04/16/12
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
The cycle repeated as explosions broke in the sky. All that I needed was the one thing I couldn't find. <---I like that part. The rest? Not so much.
12:55 AM on 04/16/12
TZE
User Info.
once upon a time... they were my favorite band ever
01:04 AM on 04/16/12
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
My roommate took a picture of my actual reaction to this without me knowing. Pretty spot on, don't ya think? haha, ugh

props on the tower of arizona
01:07 AM on 04/16/12
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Listened to it again and in someway i think it´s a grower! but i hate its lack of dynamics.
The same boring mid-tempo beat all over the song and nothing surprising happens. It has the typical "made for radio" aura for sure. But it´s better than Rihanna at least...

couldn't have said it better... it may be ironic but i even miss the Minutes To Midnight days.
anyway it's not bad, just boring and generic. they can do better

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version