BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
Ok I'm in!
04:07 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
Hi William, I have quite a few questions so I will just start with two haha.

1. What can fans expect as far as a setlist for the tour? (the full EP/covers/TAI songs?)

2. What is your favorite TAI song and album?
@mkohler

1. The setlist for the tour is going to look different every night. I'll be playing Walk the Talk in its entirety, as well as debuting some other new material. My favorite TAI songs are certain to sprinkle their way into the mix, of course. Covers are inevitable.

2. Your avatar answers the album question. :)
04:10 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
Who did the photography that you are using for Walk the Talk promotion? I'm loving the shots.

And so there is some actual musical content - I'm looking forward to getting the EP!

Emma
Emma,

My sister Courtney shoots all of my promo photos. www.cbeckettphoto.com. Her work is amazing and gets better every day. Proud big brother, here.
04:11 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
will you ever go back to being in a band? or will you just be having a band with you to tour?
I'll have a band with me on tour later this year.

As far as joining another decision-by-committee situation? Far too early to say at this point.
04:13 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
Are you going to tour the UK?
UK is DEFINITELY on my radar for later in the year.

Be ready!
04:15 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
Nice job with the new single, I'm a fan.
How did TAI's music influence the new EP?
Thanks by the way.

The music I wrote with TAI will undoubtedly have an effect on anything I venture to do in the present or future. I'm using those experiences and experiments as springboards creatively to fully achieve my vision on my new material.
04:18 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
Anything gonna happen with the "you and I against the world" song? Also, the song you did with Demi is probably her best one. You gonna do more co-writes with people in the future?
You and I Against the World is certainly in my future plans for releases, though I can't fully disclose at this point. Hahaha, thanks for the compliment on the Demi song, she's an incredible talent and a sweet human being. I've been doing some writing with other artists lately as well. I love to write and collaborate, so its a pretty natural environment for me.
04:19 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
William: What is your favorite vegetable?
ASPARAGUS!
04:24 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
Do you feel like your sound and direction musically has changed now that you are a solo artist? And if so, how?
The sound and musical direction has certainly changed, and decidedly so. Now I am able to fully realize and execute my vision without second guessing or having to bend and break to compromise for a half dozen other opinions. That being said, the heart and soul of what I do has not changed. I am the same guy that wrote those Academy records that, from album to album, dramatically jumped from its successors, so you can't claim to be surprised that this release sounds different too. :)
04:27 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
I never felt like I got to hear enough from you about touring with KISS. How was that experience? Was there any hostility from their fans (although I heard they gave you a standing ovation)?
The KISS tour was insane. In so many ways.

The experience was unlike any tour I've been on, and I learned a lot about flame retardant jumpsuits and zip-wire harnesses... among other things.
04:30 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
Hey Bill, I have been a huge fan for a really long time! Is it hard being away from all the guys in TAI after being with them so so many years? Do you guys still hang out a lot?
The last few years being in TAI, we didn't see each other off tours. We all lived in different cities across the globe, and I do feel that the distance was ultimately a contributing factor to our split. Since that time however, I've been in close contact with Adam and Butcher, and I wish everyone well in their new endeavors. That being said, I'll never forget the good times we had, and all we accomplished together.
04:33 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
did Patrick going into a solo career have any influence/inspiration for you to embark out there on your own as well? (:
It didn't really have any pull on me at all, actually. I did what I had to do to remain true to myself and my creative vision. In hindsight I see that Patrick made the same choice to stay true to his tastes and natural ability. He's a king among jesters in the talent kingdom.
04:35 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
Will any past TAI members be working with you in the future?
Never say never... that's what Bieber says, right?
04:37 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.

Thanks for doing this with us -- really appreciate it.
Hey Jason!

My pleasure, these threads of yours and I go way back.....
04:38 PM on 04/16/12
BillBeckett
Bill Beckett
User Info.
This is probably seriously off topic (seriously), but I am genuinely curious: how are you finding Insanity?
I LOVE Insanity and all its done for me both mentally and physically. I'm in the best shape of my life and every day I get closer to my ultimate goal.... #GoslingAbs hhahaha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos