resuscitation of the year
User Info.
The Wonder Years - Me Vs. The Highway

Stay Ahead of The Weather - No Money, Mo Problems
07:59 AM on 04/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Everyone listen to that bridge in the TWY song and lose it. That SAOTW song is the best SAOTW song so far. Great split.
08:09 AM on 04/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
anyone who ordered more than 1 of this 7 inch split want to sell me one?
I'll sell you one of mine for face value probably. Let me see what they're like in the mail first when I get them. Maybe I'll want to keep them haha. Remind me
08:10 AM on 04/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
The TWY song was recorded by Nick Steinborn from the band!!!
08:10 AM on 04/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I see the improvement in musicianship and vocals you talked about earlier on the TWY song.
08:26 AM on 04/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
This song has over 100 plays in my iTunes and I was never to make out the smoke rings line or the you seemed so weak in front of me line. I suck
08:31 AM on 04/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
The part of the bridge where he goes, "And I'll say the best years may still be ahead of me." That part is so good. I still fanboy over this band sometimes.
08:33 AM on 04/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Good job on the article, Thomas.

And I'm glad I like the songs. Excited to get my split eventually, as it was one of the rare times I paid for something with no clue what it was going to sound like.
never got into these bands, but it's always a pleasure reading your articles Thomas. Great stuff, very well written.
Not surprisingly, the songs and the article are great.
thomas, a pleasure as always.
Thank you so much all of you! It means a lot to hear stuff like this. I wish every article I wrote was like this, it's such a great feeling writing about bands you like and you know their story like the back of your hand.
08:46 AM on 04/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
When xBranx finally turns 18 years old. he will have a new battle cry with this song.

Both are great tunes.. as expected.
Thomas is my favorite writer on this site.
You're the man
08:47 AM on 04/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
the Stay Ahead of the Weather sounds exactly like full band Into It. Over It. (obviously the vocals), so I'm wondering why the different name? just probably cuz it's Evan working with other dudes?
Yes to different dudes, but I have always felt there is a little bit of a difference in the songs. You're right though, Evan's songwriting is so distinctive that there's kind of a tie-in among everything he does.
09:03 AM on 04/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I loved the song! And I adore the article.
It really captured Soupy's attitude towards this whole thing. It's wonderful.

I was at this Orlando show, and it was great. Not a single person was disappointed. Every band did phenomenally.

The quote about your best-friends and the Wonder Years is what really struck me, because it's true. We keep all these bands to ourselves, but my goodness, they're so good, everybody needs to know.
Great, great show. That crowd was fantastic, better than the Tampa one.
09:09 AM on 04/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Just read that article. Great read, Thomas.

ICF's first full US tour was in my Nissan Altima with TWY back in '08. They pulled our trailer (Josh crashed it on 4th of July..fucker) and we shared gear for 35 days. I'll always feel sort of in debt to them for that tour, it showed me what being in a band was actually about. Back then one thing was really noticeable to me: these dudes "got it" -- It's so weird having been at those shows, playing the WBPF record release show, having turn outs of 10 people in Oklahoma, whatever else...to see where it is today. There's not a better group of guys that I've met in my almost 6 years of doing this, they deserve all of it and more.
Damn that is a cool story. Thank you for sharing that.
09:19 AM on 04/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Nassiff, excellent as always. @twypoppunk slay me. Where's the loop button on this thing?
I was once inside of you
09:43 AM on 04/17/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Sorry but this split is news to me and I don't see any links to it in the main post, and I don't see anything about it on the Hopeless Records site. Is there a pre-order for it? Have I already missed it? I'm assuming it is getting a physical release on vinyl correct and not just digital?
There were 1,000 copies of the 6" that went for sale a while ago. They sold out in a couple hours and there will never be any more made.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests