AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Watch The Menzingers' Full Set

Posted by - 07:28 AM on 04/18/12
Hit the replies to watch The Menzingers' full set from their recent show at Alex's Bar in Long Beach, CA.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
07:28 AM on 04/18/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
07:28 AM on 04/18/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Ends with an Op Ivy cover - pretty awesome.
07:36 AM on 04/18/12
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
They're playing 3 miles away from me tomorrow night in their hometown. I'm contemplating going, but the old man in me telling me "you have work at 8am" is really being a dick.
08:03 AM on 04/18/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
They're playing 3 miles away from me tomorrow night in their hometown. I'm contemplating going, but the old man telling me "you have work at 8am" is really being a dick.
Go! Album is too good
08:12 AM on 04/18/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
They're playing 3 miles away from me tomorrow night in their hometown. I'm contemplating going, but the old man telling me "you have work at 8am" is really being a dick.
YOLO, bro.
08:25 AM on 04/18/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
This is me slapping you via the internet. Go to the show.
08:26 AM on 04/18/12
zachff
User Info.
Fuck, this is awesome.
08:27 AM on 04/18/12
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
This is me slapping you via the internet. Go to the show.

Haha I'm leaning towards going after watching their set. Looks like it'll be well worth a long day on Friday.
08:38 AM on 04/18/12
Dbollus
djdbollus.tumblr.com
User Info.
Stoked to see them Friday in Boston... But they better play "Casey."
08:44 AM on 04/18/12
zachff
User Info.
Haha I'm leaning towards going after watching their set. Looks like it'll be well worth a long day on Friday.
As a fellow 25 year old with a real job, I've gone to plenty of midweek shows. As long as you're not getting sloshed or waiting outside for a photo for 2 hours after you'll be home in bed by midnight. Life's short, don't let the man hold you down.
09:27 AM on 04/18/12
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
As a fellow 25 year old with a real job, I've gone to plenty of midweek shows. As long as you're not getting sloshed or waiting outside for a photo for 2 hours after you'll be home in bed by midnight. Life's short, don't let the man hold you down.

Well said. To be honest, it's more about battling the "scene" on a Thursday night. From what I understand it's a small venue, shoulder to shoulder, and since it's their hometown and being advertised like crazy around here, it's going to be slammed.

IF it was a Friday and IF I were sloshed I'd be all about it... but I kind of want to just be able to chill out and watch them play. There's the old man in me again.. but as you said, life is short.
09:29 AM on 04/18/12
zachff
User Info.
Well said. To be honest, it's more about battling the "scene" on a Thursday night. From what I understand it's a small venue, shoulder to shoulder, and since it's their hometown and being advertised like crazy around here, it's going to be slammed.

IF it was a Friday and IF I were sloshed I'd be all about it... but I kind of want to just be able to chill out and watch them play. There's the old man in me again.. but as you said, life is short.
I'm sure there will be people there just like you. All of their friends and the people that grew up watching them aren't going to be the ones going nuts, they'll be standing in the back having a few drinks watching their friends play music. Just go mill about back by them and you'll be fine.

Just my $.02.
09:41 AM on 04/18/12
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
I'm sure there will be people there just like you. All of their friends and the people that grew up watching them aren't going to be the ones going nuts, they'll be standing in the back having a few drinks watching their friends play music. Just go mill about back by them and you'll be fine.

Just my $.02.

Yeah good point. I don't think there's even a bar I think it's just a room. But that's my plan. I'm sure I'll say fuck it once they start playing anyway.
09:48 AM on 04/18/12
J.Dick
User Info.
They're playing 3 miles away from me tomorrow night in their hometown. I'm contemplating going, but the old man in me telling me "you have work at 8am" is really being a dick.

That happens to me sometimes...then I just tell that guy to fuck off.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos