Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 144
09:19 AM on 04/18/12
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Will probably not listen. Nothing can make that album not suck.
That last song is pretty good. Feels like it should have been on WBPF.
09:19 AM on 04/18/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Don't listen to this guy. Honorable Mention is one of my favorite Fall Out Boy songs. Also, Get Stoked On It has some great tracks and the remastered songs do sound better so I am getting stoked on this, I just wish there was a physical release.
With Fall Out Boy's catalog being what it is -- "Honorable Mention" shouldn't be in anyone's top 50.
09:21 AM on 04/18/12
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Didn't think this was ever going to come out. The 3 remastered/remixed tracks from it they released with the Upsides sound so much better than the originals.
09:22 AM on 04/18/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
This is the equivalent of Fall Out Boy's "Evening Out With Your Girlfriend" ... better to pretend it doesn't exist.
I agree with something along these lines. There are 2-3 songs that are good and worth playing even today, but other than that it's just a silly album.
09:23 AM on 04/18/12
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
pointless. what a terrible, terrible album.
09:24 AM on 04/18/12
Ryan Dennehy
That last song is pretty good. Feels like it should have been on WBPF.
That and Keystone State Dude-Core are basically the only tracks worth the time it takes to listen to.
09:24 AM on 04/18/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Glad this is finally happening. Was hoping for vinyl though.
09:25 AM on 04/18/12
signal to noise
User Info.
I wonder what Soupy's opinion about this reissue is. I can't imagine No Sleep doing a reissue against the band's wishes, but they don't tend to say anything good about the album.
09:27 AM on 04/18/12
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
There are some damn good songs on GSOI! The last song especially.
09:28 AM on 04/18/12
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
This is the equivalent of Fall Out Boy's "Evening Out With Your Girlfriend" ... better to pretend it doesn't exist.

I got into The Wonder Years because of this album, I don't like it even half as much as Upsides/Suburbia but I love the drums in Ninja Master and the last track is one of my favourite TWY songs.

Been looking forward to this remaster for ages.
09:28 AM on 04/18/12
takeaction
They named constellations after us.
User Info.
Why.
09:29 AM on 04/18/12
jackozord
@jackozord
User Info.
I really can't believe they're updating the cover. Listen to that album, it was never meant to have a classy cover. It's a fun album that needs that fun picture of the Cap'n. New cover will make everyone not as familiar with their old stuff think that it's on par with The Upsides or Suburbia, and they'll get pissed. I love the album, can't wait to hear the remaster, but I think whoever made this marketing decision needs talking to.
09:34 AM on 04/18/12
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I will never not love everything about this album.
09:35 AM on 04/18/12
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't really understand the level of hatred for this record. It's got funny lyrics and it's more aggressive than most of their other material, I always liked it for what it was. Bout to Get Fruit Punched stands as one of my favorite songs by them.
09:37 AM on 04/18/12
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
Wow didn't realize this CD had so much hate. Not the best I've ever heard, but it's definitely a fun listen every now and then. There are a few parts that have that "Four Year Strong" sound to it which I find really annoying. And wow that album artwork is probably the worst I've ever seen. I was also hoping to see a vinyl of this just to have, but with a cover like that there's no way in hell I would have bought it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos