AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.
Inside AP.net

Senses Fail - 10.11.03

Interviewed by: Jon Wark (10/12/03)
October 11th, 2003
-------------------------

Dave, the guitarist of Senses Fail did this interview with me VIA AIM while he was in his bunk on the Drive Thru Invasion tour, on his way to Detroit, Michigan. Check it out!

Wark: What was it like working with Steve Evetts on your first record?

Dave: steve evetts is a genius, working with him was great because he's done alot of our favorite records such as lifetime and saves the day and those records really influenced us, expecially since we are from jersey

Wark: What are you calling the new record, and when is it coming out ?

Dave: we are calling it, let it enfold you and it should come out early march

Wark: How many tracks will be on it?

Dave: we have 11 tracks completed on it, and after this tour we are going back and recording two more, i dont know if we are gonna use them or not no old songs all new ones

Wark: How have the lyrics changed on the new record? i heard they were going to be darker.

Dave: yeah they are definatly way more mature and thought out better, see people have to undestand that we wrote our ep really quickly, like in the first month that we were a band so we have gotten alot better since then

Wark: Fuckin' A. What records are you currently "spinning" ?

Dave: um i've been listening to the new every time i die record alot "hot damn", the new bled record is also amazing, i love the new mars volta.... and i've been listening to quite a bit of old metallica just because it rules... Haha!

Wark: Awesome. Glad you like The Bled!!!

Dave: oh dude of course its soooo good!

Wark: Haha, Remember when I played the record for you at the Brand New show?

Dave: dude how can i forget

Wark: haha, dude its like the best record ever

Dave: i love it

Wark: have you heard the new MUSE record?

Dave: you know what i havent, and i've heard alot about it everyone tells me i would love it, i'll buy it this week

Wark: What are your plans for your headlining tour in February?

Dave: we "want" to have, the bled, boys night out, and funeral for a friend but its just an idea, nothing is definite.

Wark: What did you eat for breakfast today?

Dave: nothing

Wark: Lunch?

Dave: i had a microwaveable mac and cheese thing today which sucked and then i had some buffallo wings

Wark: What's your favorite curse word?

Dave: my favorite curse word is cunt, cause i think its the most offensive.

Wark: What turns you on?

Dave: haha, clevage or however u spell it. thats big, haha...like not fatty tits, but like nice young perky 18 year old tits.

Wark: What turns you off?

Dave: body hair...on girls...yuck!

Wark: What are your favorite movies?

Dave: fear and loathing in las vegas, forrest gump, the punisher (cause he just kills everyone) american history x, and lets not forget old school

Wark: What do you do on tour when you have free time?

Dave: when im not playing a show im usually either online, playing guitar, partying with my friends or sleeping.

Wark: dude, have you listened to The Darkness? ...their record's called "Permission To Land"

Dave: no i havent

Wark: I just interviewed Keith from ETID and he recommended it, it's fucking amazing, like 80's metal, but its a record that just came out on Atlantic, when you have a day off go buy it and play it on the bus when it's party time!

Dave: Awesome, that's sick, I will!

Wark: If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say to you when you arrive at the pearly gates ?

Dave: He's most likely going to say "Wrong door, Asshole!... You weren't invited".

-----------------
www.SensesFail.com

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28.
06:52 AM on 10/12/03
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Wark
October 11th, 2003
-------------------------

Wark: What are your plans for your headlining tour in February?

Dave: we "want" to have, the bled, boys night out, and funeral for a friend but its just an idea, nothing is definite.

-----------------
www.SensesFail.com

That'd be fucking sick. I don't appreciate his diss of the Easy-Mac tho.

EDIT: However, among these 4, I actually think they would be opening...for all of them.
08:48 AM on 10/12/03
Oxbig1106
Fully Baked
User Info.
funeral for a friend is 4000 times better than senses fail, they could never support them on a tour
08:55 AM on 10/12/03
finchkid182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
funeral for a friend?wrong the bled is 4000 times better but i do agree all these bands are way ebtter than senses fail or atleast there ep music. Although there new song bite to break sounds good.
11:56 AM on 10/12/03
Dr Claw
User Info.
ok why are you idiots just gonna go off and say "this and that band are better." Why cant you just say "holy crap that would be one of the best shows ever!" Untill you get your piece of crap band out there and better than ANY of these guys, give them their props and hope that this kind of tour would come together and hopefully come to your piece of crap town.
01:05 PM on 10/12/03
steve
User Info.
hey, arn't those last few questions the same questions that that guy uses on Inside The Actors Studio???
03:48 PM on 10/12/03
SomePerson22
RETIRED
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
haha, it's short, but dave still amused me.

i can't wait for their headlining tour. ive never heard ffaf, and what i've heard from the bled i haven't liked, but i'd like to see bno with them. that's the one band they've been saying they want with them on the headlining tour since this past summer. the others they had mentioned were northstar and asl (which would be great for me, because i really like all 4 bands).
05:14 PM on 10/12/03
blue
Earmuffs with Alina
User Info.
yes wark is the new james lipton.

he... is a DELIGHT!

SCRUMTRALLESCENT!
08:34 PM on 10/12/03
Jon Wark
Wishes Do Come True!
User Info.
Yeah, good call, I am fucking Wark Lipton, goddamnit! Inside The Actor's Studio is my life, so it inspires me when I interview a dude that performs in an electric rock band.
09:12 PM on 10/12/03
steve
User Info.
haha, thats awesome
Lipton is great, especially when he asks the curse word part,
04:54 PM on 10/19/03
scatterbrain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
eh, senses fail is probably the closest existing thing that resembles audio-diarrhea, i cant believe they have warped the minds of many of you sheep, im sorry that you have been subjected to such a terrible excuse for music, these kids are like 16 and they act like they've lived the lives of ex-cons, come on they are a bunch of rich kids from jersey and they are talking about killing children just because they think it sounds cool and it might make them look "hardcore" when in actuality their entire musical influence started at blink-182, this is not music, its filth and its a shame that this band will actually have a record in stores, the singer sounds terrible, he sounds like he has some sort of speech impairment, and the music is just as cliche as it comes and you can teach it to a monkey, this band defines why drive thru can sell anything
05:24 PM on 10/19/03
steve
User Info.
if you dont like this kind of music then why do you come here(absolutepunk.net, seeing most of the bands on this site are of that genre) and read these interviews, do you people just enjoy wasting your time talking shit about bands on websites?
05:28 PM on 10/19/03
scatterbrain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
im trying to do the world a favor, im doing it for world peace, im doing it to prove a point to many and say the things many are afraid to say, im stating my opinion, im not trying to hurt anyones feelings, i have the constitutional right to say what i feel, i do say things about good bands as well, but you wouldnt know because you probably dont look there
09:03 AM on 02/03/04
robhimself
houdinilogic
User Info.
why the fuck would you ask what the guy had for breakfast and lunch in an interview about music? wark is a fuckin moron
11:00 AM on 02/06/04
sinbad
Forum Whore
User Info.
Dave: oh dude of course its soooo good!
Wark: Haha, Remember when I played the record for you at the Brand New show?
Dave: dude how can i forget
Wark: haha, dude its like the best record ever
Dave: i love it

i don't know exactly why, but that made me laugh really hard
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music