Rooney Mara 19 43.18%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

06:49 AM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
Of these two actresses who've recently starred in movie adaptations of the first books of their respective trilogies... um... just vote for who you like more, I guess. And also post pics. Yay.
08:54 AM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Rooney for acting. Jennifer for personality and looks.
08:58 AM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
Columbia Falls, MT
Male - 25 Years Old
i voted for jennifer lawrence simply because i plan on marrying her, she just doesn't know it yet
08:59 AM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Mirrorsandfevers
www.BasedOnNothing.net
Tampa, Florida
Male - 24 Years Old
The Roons.
09:00 AM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
4/20 poll should have been for best stoner movie or something!
09:02 AM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
Lawrence!
09:04 AM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
As a fan of both, I both liked Lawrence's performance more and thought The Hunger Games was the better movie. That's not to take anything away from Mara, who was terrific, even though I thought Dragon Tattoo was Fincher's weakest film to date. Some books don't need to be made into movies, and I think that is one of them. Of course, they made it twice.
09:10 AM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
claw38
Athens, OH
Male - 22 Years Old
As a fan of both, I both liked Lawrence's performance more and thought The Hunger Games was the better movie. That's not to take anything away from Mara, who was terrific, even though I thought Dragon Tattoo was Fincher's weakest film to date. Some books don't need to be made into movies, and I think that is one of them. Of course, they made it twice.

It wasn't his best but it definitely wasn't his weakest (in my opinion), but you really didn't think they should be made into movies? Not criticizing, just curious about reasoning, I thought both adaptations had their own strengths and weaknesses.

Also, I voted Rooney, she was perfect.
09:25 AM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
It wasn't his best but it definitely wasn't his weakest (in my opinion), but you really didn't think they should be made into movies? Not criticizing, just curious about reasoning, I thought both adaptations had their own strengths and weaknesses.

Also, I voted Rooney, she was perfect.

Again, not to say they were bad films, I just think Fincher has a very high standard to live up to, and that he's much more interesting when he's not directing franchise remakes (especially considering the fact that he's made his two greatest films in the past ten years). As for the books, after seeing two versions that really didn't do it for me (of a book I quite enjoyed), I stand by my statement, at least for Dragon Tattoo. There is so much going on in that book, so many little nuances and plot details that get lost in translation, and what is left just isn't that exciting or effective. I think Fincher and co. made about the best adaptation that they could, but it never really drew me in, compared to the book, which I couldn't put down for two or three days.

But Mara was perfect. The film pretty much hinged on her performance, and she nailed it.
09:29 AM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Nick Hull
I want you to know
Massachusetts
Male - 20 Years Old
the hunger games was not a good movie.
10:16 AM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Loveisa4lttrwrd
stuff
Chicago, IL
Male - 26 Years Old
Again, not to say they were bad films, I just think Fincher has a very high standard to live up to, and that he's much more interesting when he's not directing franchise remakes (especially considering the fact that he's made his two greatest films in the past ten years). As for the books, after seeing two versions that really didn't do it for me (of a book I quite enjoyed), I stand by my statement, at least for Dragon Tattoo. There is so much going on in that book, so many little nuances and plot details that get lost in translation, and what is left just isn't that exciting or effective. I think Fincher and co. made about the best adaptation that they could, but it never really drew me in, compared to the book, which I couldn't put down for two or three days.

But Mara was perfect. The film pretty much hinged on her performance, and she nailed it.

See this was a rare instance where I thought that the film was much better than the book. I'm sure there's a lot that gets lost in translation but I found the books often too heavy handed with their messages and often really muddled. I thought Fincher did an excellent job streamlining the plot.

And I voted for Rooney, obviously.

Sorry Jennifer, I still love you.
10:22 AM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
See this was a rare instance where I thought that the film was much better than the book. I'm sure there's a lot that gets lost in translation but I found the books often too heavy handed with their messages and often really muddled. I thought Fincher did an excellent job streamlining the plot.

And I voted for Rooney, obviously.

Sorry Jennifer, I still love you.

I just thought the movie was dull for a large portion of its runtime, which is not something I have ever felt about a Fincher project. I was hoping for something more along the lines of Zodiac, which is a much better film.
10:36 AM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
Loveisa4lttrwrd
stuff
Chicago, IL
Male - 26 Years Old
I just thought the movie was dull for a large portion of its runtime, which is not something I have ever felt about a Fincher project. I was hoping for something more along the lines of Zodiac, which is a much better film.

Eh, to each his own I suppose.
01:52 PM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
sjb2k1
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
kate > rooney
so i vote neither
02:31 PM on 04/20/12 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Nice Try, The Devil