AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AP.net Guest Blog: Brad Wiseman of TTNY/Misser/The...

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (04/20/12)
Today we have a cool, interactive-type guest blog from Brad Wiseman. Brad, for those of you who are unfamiliar, is the backup singer for This Time Next Year, a co-lead singer for Misser, and he works at The Soroka Agency representing and booking bands. Head to the replies to read his first blog...which is basically just an introduction. He wants you guys to tell him what you want him to write about, so leave your suggestions in the replies!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24.
09:41 AM on 04/20/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Blog #1 The first and only time I met Thomas Nassiff, was when I had asked if he could bring me a ‘croakie’ for my glasses to a show that This Time Next Year was playing in Florida on the Pop Punks Not Dead tour. The three nights prior to this, my glasses constantly slid of my face. It was light-weight embarrassing every time but, Thomas saved the day and I was pretty stoked on that.

A few months go by and I receive an email from Thomas asking me to do a guest blog for AbsolutePunk.net. Instantly, I got excited about the idea - but asked myself, “What do I have to say that anyone could possibly give two shits about?” Every blog I attempt to read I usually give up half way through because it's some ‘genius’ trying to be a ‘genius’ hoping to change everything wrong in the world with their Macbook Pro. Let's be real...you aren't going to do that and neither am I.

Basically what I came up with was me introducing myself and hoping that whoever reads this, responds and asks me some questions that I can answer the next time around. I need you to spark the ideas here and I'm going to run with them.

My name is Brad Wiseman, I am 23 years old and live with my mother in Walnut Creek, CA. Yes, I live with my mother, you probably do too. I play guitar in a band called This Time Next Year and sing for a band called Misser. The first ‘show’ I ever played was in Brian Herrity’s backyard in 7th grade. I remember wearing a pair of high tops with long white socks, blue shorts, a ball chain necklace and either a red New Found Glory shirt or a grey Rancid shirt. Cool outfit.

Aside from playing music I am also a booking agent at The Soroka Agency. I represent The Story So Far, Fairweather, Daybreaker, Troubled Coast, With The Punches, Panda Studios / The Waiting Room, among others. The first show I ever booked was September 29, 1999 in Walnut Creek, CA at the Growers Square. The bands were Anyone For Tennis, ASD, Philence, and Wit’s End. As you can tell, it was a pretty stacked bill at local band fest '99.

My senior project in high school was “How To Book A Tour” - what a joke that was. The project should have been called “How Do You Convince Your High School Administrator To Let You Leave School For Two Weeks” - now if that was the topic, I would have gotten an A+. Karma bit me in the ass on that one though. That tour was with my old band, called Dispute, and our van blew up while we were driving on the freeway heading to Arizona. The van was totaled so we ended up hanging out in Arizona for most of the two weeks that I was out of school. I bullshitted the entire paper and graduated high school.

Well, congratulations to both of us. You made it to the end and I somehow managed to keep your attention the entire time. The ball is in your court now. I told you a little bit about myself, what I do, what I enjoy, etc. What do you want to hear from me? Anything? If not, this was my attempt. If you want to keep this conversation going, prove it and I’ll see you next time.

Thanks.
-B
09:42 AM on 04/20/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Brad you are a jerk, we met one more time IRL and it was like two days after that, in Jacksonville. We ate Denny's. I thought I felt a connection but I guess it was one-sided.
10:38 AM on 04/20/12
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
the new misser song sounds great. get transit and ttny to tour and get misser to open. or headline, i dont care.
10:39 AM on 04/20/12
seanthethief
User Info.
What is life in Walnut Creek like?
10:41 AM on 04/20/12
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
oh, and what other gary cioffi produced bands should i check out? i love that guys production.
10:41 AM on 04/20/12
bobbyblacks
User Info.
What has been the most fulfilling part of your music career? What moment in your life just took you back the most? And what record/records shaped who you are?
10:44 AM on 04/20/12
mar_
Registered Loser
User Info.
It sounds like you're busy with three related but different things. How do you keep up with things when you're on the road? How do you decide which gets first priority when there are conflicts?
11:13 AM on 04/20/12
onaradioflyer
TAS
User Info.
whats your position on cocaine hoes?
12:41 PM on 04/20/12
flyingbabies
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Brad it seems like your vocals on Drop Out Of Life decreased. Why was that? Was this one of the reasons behind the formation of Misser?
Also what ever happened to the the small string of house shows that you guys had planned for after the pop punks not dead tour?
12:53 PM on 04/20/12
Siren
eventually
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I actually found that interesting. You should come to Chicago soon. Just write about anything related to your music career or stories and I'll be interested. Also, what exactly does a ten year old do to book a show? I was playing with Pokemon card when I was ten.
01:13 PM on 04/20/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Fun to read: here are some things I'd enjoy reading...
Stories of life in a band and on the road
Gear talk
Talking about booking and managing bands
02:24 PM on 04/20/12
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
What's it like having 2 awesome bands from Walnut Creek ? How does this shit happen and where the fuck is Walnut Creek ? Do they make Walnuts there ? I like Walnuts, talk about Walnuts...
03:03 PM on 04/20/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
Favorite bands?
04:54 PM on 04/20/12
Charles Vincent
The American Scene
User Info.
How do you feel about young minorities getting money?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS