AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Swellers News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Swellers Leave FBR; Stream New Song To Be Released On 7"...

Posted by - 12:07 PM on 04/20/12
The Swellers have left Fueled By Ramen. Check out the band's statement below. You can stream a new song called "Vehicle City Blues" in the replies, which will be on a new 7" featuring two brand-new songs. It will come out via SideOneDummy Records on May 29th. Preorder the 7" here.
Band StatementRecently, The Swellers decided that it was time to part ways with Fueled By Ramen. We’ve had a good run with them and have a lot of appreciation and respect for everyone at the label. While we wish the staff and their bands the best of luck, we’ve come to the conclusion that being part of a major label just isn’t the right fit for us right now. We’re ready to continue developing who we are as a band, and excited to give our fans the very best of us in whole new ways. We’re excited for this to be a bit of a return to form, while also being a whole new beginning.

On May 29th, we’re releasing a 7” of two songs recorded from the Good For Me sessions that weren’t on the album, but are some of our favorite songs we’ve ever written. They’re some of our fastest, most aggressive songs we’ve made to date. The 7” title came from the song “Vehicle City Blues,” which we wrote about the recent effects of a serial killer in Flint, MI. Our friends at SideOneDummy Records are releasing the 7” for us on limited blue, red, and green vinyl. We’re very proud of these songs and can’t wait for you to hear them.

However, we also want everyone to know that The Swellers are not slowing down by any means. Two days ago, we arrived in the UK to start a sold-out tour with Deaf Havana, return to Groezrock in Belgium (one of our favorite festivals), and then next month we tour the US with our friends in The Early November, The Wonder Years, and Young Statues. We’re planning on releasing an EP on our own later this year before signing with a new label for an album sometime in 2013.

A lot is changing in the way that artists are able to get their music out to people and we’re embracing it. This is going to be good.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 94
12:08 PM on 04/20/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
12:09 PM on 04/20/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
THIS is what I was hoping to hear on the last album. I mean I liked the last album, but this is just a fantastic Swellers song. I'm very very happy for these guys right now.
12:10 PM on 04/20/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Not surprised.
12:11 PM on 04/20/12
ALEXMASONRULES
User Info.
Rise
12:12 PM on 04/20/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
THIS is what I was hoping to hear on the last album. I mean I liked the last album, but this is just a fantastic Swellers song. I'm very very happy for these guys right now.
I like this more than anything on good for me.
12:15 PM on 04/20/12
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
The song is so great.
12:15 PM on 04/20/12
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
12:17 PM on 04/20/12
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
Can't blame them. Sideone would be a good fit, but Rise promotes the hell out of their bands.
12:17 PM on 04/20/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Arm chair QB: Stay with S1D and record with Ted Hutt.
12:18 PM on 04/20/12
stayincontrol
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
SO excited to see what the future holds for them. "Vehicle City Blues" is absolutely incredible, too. Ugh, this band.
12:19 PM on 04/20/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Been waiting to hear these songs forever!

And such a good choice leaving FBR.

Can't wait to see the future for them, now they can maybe get the attention they deserve
12:22 PM on 04/20/12
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
wow fbr is losing all its band/artists they need to sign a new band or two now
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Has FBR done anything other than Panic, fun., and Cobra other than The Swellers since Paramore's last album?
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Versa too.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles