Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

Contest: Win a Finch or The Juliana Theory Lighter

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/20/12)
It's 4/20 today ... so basically it's the one day where my twitter and facebook feed are filled up with thinly veiled hints at an activity that is apparently still illegal and yet totally cool to post all over the internet. Odd. Anyway, while cleaning out my closet earlier today, I stumbled across a box of stuff from a few years back where I tossed a bunch of band swag. Inside, I found two zippo lighters; one for Finch and one for The Juliana Theory. I don't smoke, and I don't really have any reason to hold on to 'um. Today seems like a fitting day to give them away. So, it's contest time!

Want to win one? Here's what I'm thinking: The past few days have had a few really good discussions on the site, discussion about pop-punk in the past and now, I thought, was awesome. In light of that whole thread, the staff and I have been having a lot of fun with the "defend pop-punk" image that I'm sure you've seen. We've been adding text to it and sending them back and forth in emails all night ... so, that's where the contest idea came from. Want to win one of the lighters? Or just want to have some fun for the next few hours?

1) Either grab the template here and employ photoshop skills, or use the memegenerator I've set up.

2) Create an awesome caption. Use whatever you'd like -- but the goal here is to make the staff vote for you. I'm sure you know our sense of humor, or some of the inside jokes that go with the website ... so be creative.

3) Share your creation in this thread. (See below for a quick "how to post an image" demo.)

4) The staff will check out all the entries and we'll collectively vote on our favorites -- top one gets their pick of the lighter, and I'll toss in some extra stickers and stuff I've got around here. Second place gets the other one.

To Share an Image

If you have created it in photoshop, upload it to a site like imgur. Once it's uploaded, right click the image and select "copy image location." When you're about to post a reply to the thread (quick reply, or full new comment), click the little insert image icon () on the menu bar. In the pop-up right click and select "paste." This will paste the image URL into the box, click ok, and you're good to go.

If you created the image using the memegenerator: Once you've filled out the bottom caption, click the English flag, then click generate. It'll give you your image. Right click the image and select "copy image location." When you're about to post a reply to the thread (quick reply, or full new comment), click the little insert image icon () on the menu bar. In the pop-up right click and select "paste." This will paste the image URL into the box, click ok, and you're good to go.

Have fun! And happy Friday.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 150
02:59 PM on 04/20/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Just mail me that Finch one, I need a zippo lighter.
03:01 PM on 04/20/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Just mail me that Finch one, I need a zippo lighter.
You've got to enter the contest!
03:04 PM on 04/20/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
both sides are incredibly annoying, but the whiny, preachy people looking down on people who smoke are way worse. especially when most of them get blackout drunk every weekend and think it's somehow better
03:08 PM on 04/20/12
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
I'm getting a server error/runtime error on the meme site
03:09 PM on 04/20/12
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
User Info.
03:10 PM on 04/20/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
both sides are incredibly annoying, but the whiny, preachy people looking down on people who smoke are way worse. especially when most of them get blackout drunk every weekend and think it's somehow better
03:11 PM on 04/20/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'm getting a server error/runtime error on the meme site
Seems like it's totally broken at the moment ... got the same error.
03:13 PM on 04/20/12
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
How long is this gonna be up for? I want the TJT lighter but I gots deadlines to meet
03:14 PM on 04/20/12
Avalanche1
User Info.
Seems like it's totally broken at the moment ... got the same error.
Alright, just wanted to let you know and make sure it wasn't just a problem on my end.

edit: working for me now.
03:14 PM on 04/20/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
How long is this gonna be up for? I want the TJT lighter but I gots deadlines to meet
Haha, I'll leave it up for the weekend probably.
03:15 PM on 04/20/12
Avalanche1
User Info.
03:21 PM on 04/20/12
steve187
nah
User Info.

lemme get that finch one for being the inspiration for that!
03:23 PM on 04/20/12
hansislegend
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
03:23 PM on 04/20/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News