AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 42 of 42.
08:52 PM on 04/24/12
Sam DeBurns Red
User Info.
Songs are awesome. Two Bodies is like my favorite MM track and the new version was hard to get used to, thought it could be better, but time has found me jamming it hard.
08:54 PM on 04/24/12
renzenkuken
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Trim the fat? Really? I like Waves but Pneuma was great in its own way as well. They're different by which making Ode a 4 minute track it doesnt seem to have the same effect as original. Its all still good I just wished they stayed in their post-rock ways with the gorgeous backdrops to songs like 8105 and Ode. Those two songs are clearly better than the newer songs.
I have an issue with the song order, 8105 feels like it should be before everything. Thematically it doesn't work especially in the lyrics of Ode. But... yea I doubt anyone listens that closely.
12:03 AM on 04/25/12
syntax omitted
User Info.
Trim the fat? Really? I like Waves but Pneuma was great in its own way as well. They're different by which making Ode a 4 minute track it doesnt seem to have the same effect as original. Its all still good I just wished they stayed in their post-rock ways with the gorgeous backdrops to songs like 8105 and Ode. Those two songs are clearly better than the newer songs.
I have an issue with the song order, 8105 feels like it should be before everything. Thematically it doesn't work especially in the lyrics of Ode. But... yea I doubt anyone listens that closely.
I listen that closely. I totally get what you're saying, man. The lyrics to Ode is like a culmination of all of Pneuma. It's as if Pneuma is a story and Ode is its climax. But yeah, kinda wish they kept the post-rocky elements in this EP.
05:02 AM on 04/25/12
s12sim
pi >> cake
User Info.
pneuma >>>> all
with that said i'm excited to hear these new versions
06:21 AM on 04/25/12
ship of fools
hello
User Info.
http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2711162

Sorry dude, it was a free download for a period of time, but not any longer I guess.
Ha it's alright. Thanks anyway
02:42 PM on 04/25/12
imnick
User Info.
I'm not a massive fan of this. I was ready to love it but when I gave it a listen everything felt sort of dull compared to the originals.

They seemed to lose the intensity of th originals without being stripped back enough to be chilling/beautiful.
06:39 PM on 04/26/12
palebluedot
Give me all you've got now birds
User Info.
I really think that the EP's version of "Ode we will bury ourselves" is even better than the original
07:24 PM on 04/27/12
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
took me really long to get into 'waves' but im finally starting to get the appeal of that album, also this ep is a great addition to their discography as well.
07:13 AM on 04/28/12
mrnubnub
User Info.
There's something about Waves. I don't really like postrock, so I can tolerate Pneuma and Forward, but I love Waves. I did like the renditions of songs from those first two releases on here though.
08:49 PM on 05/02/12
Tambo88
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Like the originals better but great to have these.
01:28 PM on 05/04/12
IPixedYouu
She's got a boyfriend anyway.
User Info.
Well-written review. Haven't checked this EP out but by the comments, I might have to listen to this EP. Their album "Foreword" was amazing, hopefully, it's the same.
10:07 PM on 02/16/13
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
don't like these at all. originals are waaay better
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives