Username
Password
Modest Mouse News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 33.
10:35 AM on 04/24/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
I don't think it's so insane. They drastically changed their sound into something that i don't even remotely enjoy. I understand that other people enjoy it, but i don't think it's so insane that i don't.
I still don't get when people say they drastically changed their sound. Alot of TMAA can be mixed with Good News and the EPs.
10:43 AM on 04/24/12
camperfrequency
Troy and Abed in the Morning!
User Info.
damnit! I want a new album!
10:50 AM on 04/24/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
damnit! I want a new album!
I think everyone does. I won't be surprised if they announce something during or closer to these dates.
10:50 AM on 04/24/12
RiCCioLi
Midtown Saves.
User Info.
Was really hoping they were going to do a non-festival show in the NJ/NY area the day before or after the fests. Now I gotta shell out $100 to see them and either drive 2 hours to AC or pay $26 for a train ticket
11:01 AM on 04/24/12
RiCCioLi
Midtown Saves.
User Info.
I think everyone does. I won't be surprised if they announce something during or closer to these dates.

sadly I doubt this
12:14 PM on 04/24/12
thesinkingship
Can't get that engine turned over
User Info.
These random dates they've been doing for the past year are getting tiresome (mainly because they're not reasonably close to me). Just do a full tour or get the new album out.
12:16 PM on 04/24/12
thesinkingship
Can't get that engine turned over
User Info.
lol @ MM "drastically" changing their sound. Sure, it evolved over time but nothing "drastic". Funny coming from someone who loves Coheed (as I do) which is a band that constantly changes sound AND made a huge leap from their debut.
12:19 PM on 04/24/12
camperfrequency
Troy and Abed in the Morning!
User Info.

I hope so... or at least announce a tour date in Atlanta so I can see them :P
12:55 PM on 04/24/12
JesseKilgannon
User Info.
lol @ MM "drastically" changing their sound. Sure, it evolved over time but nothing "drastic". Funny coming from someone who loves Coheed (as I do) which is a band that constantly changes sound AND made a huge leap from their debut.
To tell you the truth, i wasn't the biggest fan of the last two Coheed albums. The production kinda killed it for me. They'll always be my favorite band, though.

And with Modest Mouse, i don't even think they sound like the same band. To me, they just became another radio "indie" band. That's just not my thing at all. No offense to anyone who likes them, though. I have alot of friends that do.
02:35 PM on 04/24/12
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
finally i get to see them
03:57 PM on 04/24/12
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
This is a band I've always wanted to see, but I've always had to miss them when they (rarely) make it to NC due to whatever coming up at the last minute. And as far as them not putting something out good in "12 years"...wow. They are not my favorite band, but musically I don't think I've really heard a bad Modest Mouse album or EP. They are always finding ways to stay creative and unique, and are doing a damn good job at it. Can't wait for new material, whenever that may be.

And for those of you who make it to these shows, have alot of fun. And make sure to film Isaac if he decides to cut himself on stage again.
06:05 PM on 04/24/12
SnowPatroler
User Info.
There basterds for not coming to Seattle !
06:19 PM on 04/24/12
ThrownAwayKyle
User Info.
They haven't put out anything good in 12 years, but i'm going to Orion, so i guess i'll see them.

i personally really enjoy good news for people who love bad news, that album definitely has a shift in sound with the banjo songs, but some of the songs on that album are very modest mouse. we were dead before the ship even sank however... i don't really like that album much at all. i think the biggest thing about it is that johnny marr (from the smiths) was writing with isaac at that time, i think it ruined a lot of the magic that they normally have. he left the band in 2009, so i am hoping they are more themselves with this new album.

this is a new song they played last year, seems to be closer to their roots, use of harmonics and his shout style vocals. gots me stoked for the new album! called "poison the well"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__mcNOU91Qc
07:45 PM on 04/24/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
fuck yes. i will be at that pittsburgh date.
06:14 AM on 04/25/12
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
They haven't put out anything good in 12 years, but i'm going to Orion, so i guess i'll see them.
So they're work over the past twelve years isn't "good" because "you don't like it" ?

Totally justifiable, except that it isn't a good reason.

Go see them & get your faced fucked by awesomeness.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums