Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 31.
10:43 AM on 04/25/12
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
User Info.
This guy is a great writer and I can't wait to see this guys in Brooklyn this summer.
10:50 AM on 04/25/12
meekers
has been here longer than you
User Info.
Saw Refused in SF at the Warfield and at Coachella. They were fantastic both times. It was amazing how flawless they were for missing so many years of playing and not having a legitimate tour cycle for TSOPTC. They were so appreciative and positive about the whole situation. It was truly great to see a group of individuals finally get compensated for creating such a masterpiece. They deserve all of it.

At the Drive In on the other hand was a disappointment. I'm a huge ATDI fan and I thought their performance was sloppy and uninspired. I don't think Omar moved the entire time. Obviously, that sort of music doesn't always translate the best in big outdoor festivals, but the mix was awful. All rhythm guitar and drums. The pretentiousness just seeped from their pores.
11:49 AM on 04/25/12
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
Saw Refused in SF at the Warfield and at Coachella. They were fantastic both times. It was amazing how flawless they were for missing so many years of playing and not having a legitimate tour cycle for TSOPTC. They were so appreciative and positive about the whole situation. It was truly great to see a group of individuals finally get compensated for creating such a masterpiece. They deserve all of it.

At the Drive In on the other hand was a disappointment. I'm a huge ATDI fan and I thought their performance was sloppy and uninspired. I don't think Omar moved the entire time. Obviously, that sort of music doesn't always translate the best in big outdoor festivals, but the mix was awful. All rhythm guitar and drums. The pretentiousness just seeped from their pores.
I agree about atdi, when I saw the videos of it I was very disappointed although they admitted it was mostly for the money and nostalgia I still would expect them to perform well but hey sh*t happens. Although I looked up their other smaller shows an they didn't sound nearly as bad at those. Hopefully they practice more and cedric actually remembers more than half the lyrics lol
11:51 AM on 04/25/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
These reunion shows videos still blow my mind, damn they're absolutely flawless.
11:54 AM on 04/25/12
TMS2787
Fate Has Been Making Me A Liar
User Info.
Loved reading what Tym from Daytrader had to say. Good stuff. Daniel's was cool too

But when I saw -ACA with another long, winded, drawn out "review", read the first few lines and of course it was 'oh boohoo'. And kept scrolling. Dudes a chode.
12:28 PM on 04/25/12
joel_one
Blood Warriors
User Info.
that write up sums up exactly how i felt watching them at the warfield in sf. they were absolutely inspiring. it was something i never truly thought i'd get to see, and so grateful that i DID get to see it. you could tell they were stoked to be there, they had so much presence, and played flawlessly.

i've been to a bunch of reunions the last few years, and this was definitely the tops. i still can't believe it happened. i wish they stick around and play again ... but i'm pretty sure i don't want another album. shape of punk to come is like the greatest retirement album ever.

refused fucking kills
01:07 PM on 04/25/12
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Incredible atmosphere. Probably one of the loudest shows I've ever been to. Hearing 3000 people yelling "CAN I SCREAM!?" at the top of their lungs should be on your bucket list.

Greatest show ever on Monday. Refused put other bands to shame with their performance.
01:26 PM on 04/25/12
DIRTYNOUVEAU
this is a wine drowning.
User Info.
God fucking dammit Tym I am so jealous of you I want to punch God in the face. I thought seeing ETID and letlive in a small Brooklyn venue was awesome last month but fucking REFUSED?!
02:10 PM on 04/25/12
Chuck!
Lost Forever // Lost Together
User Info.
But when I saw -ACA with another long, winded, drawn out "review", read the first few lines and of course it was 'oh boohoo'. And kept scrolling. Dudes a chode.

seriously.
06:37 PM on 04/25/12
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
That Brooklyn show looked so fucking awesome. I wish I could have been there.
07:30 PM on 04/25/12
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
That is so sick. Would have killed to be there.
08:26 PM on 04/25/12
avengedtbs
May your music break my eardrums
User Info.
Was at the Monday night Terminal 5 show, right up against the barrier. I still can't believe how awesome it was. I had the highest of expectations and they were well beyond exceeded. They killed it all night. Soooooooo much energy. I still can't form coherent thoughts about the entire night. I wish for a few seconds I could've been on one of the upper levels and seen what it was like during Rather Be Dead or New Noise.
08:30 PM on 04/25/12
avengedtbs
May your music break my eardrums
User Info.
Also wanna add: it's like they're a bottle of delicious red wine that has been fermenting for 14 years, only now to be unleashed to the public.
11:00 PM on 04/25/12
igcoingame
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Incredible atmosphere. Probably one of the loudest shows I've ever been to. Hearing 3000 people yelling "CAN I SCREAM!?" at the top of their lungs should be on your bucket list.
lol
11:07 PM on 04/25/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.

I haven't seen ATDI reunited, but if Omar wasn't moving much it could have been due to a recent death in his family. Hard to care when a) something bigger has affected you and b) you didn't care much to start with.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests