Username
Password
Politics News - Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 208.
09:19 AM on 04/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
this is disgusting your the president of a country act like it

Hmmm the only reason you would say something so short-sided is if you were a staunch Republican, the kind of Republican that will bash someone from the opposite party no matter what.

Guess what?! Plenty of presidents have appeared on TV during their term...on both sides of the aisle. Wow!!! What a fucking shocker!!!!!
09:19 AM on 04/26/12
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
You both sound like you eat lunch by yourself tbh....
Naw I sit at the cool kids table. You are welcomed to join us and others that feel the same way :)
09:21 AM on 04/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
You both sound like you eat lunch by yourself tbh....

Hahaha
09:22 AM on 04/26/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Naw I sit at the cool kids table. You are welcomed to join us and others that feel the same way :)

Maybe in your dreams.

But it's okay. I hope the four wall of the bathroom stall offer you safe refuge from the popular kids

I'll keep you in my prayers †
09:23 AM on 04/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.

Although I do agree with you - I'm fucking sick of all the government handouts. It's not even aid at this point, people rely on it. I'm sick of freeloaders.

Anyway, I hope you weren't gearing the original comment at me because that's certainly not what I was getting at.
09:25 AM on 04/26/12
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.

Maybe in your dreams.

But it's okay. I hope the four wall of the bathroom stall offer you safe refuge from the popular kids

I'll keep you in my prayers †
Yikes. You pray? Good luck with that buddy. Have fun at church on Sunday!
09:29 AM on 04/26/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Yikes. You pray? Good luck with that buddy. Have fun at church on Sunday!
Nope not really.

But out of the kindness of my heart, I occasionally do for the clearly less fortunate. Bless
09:29 AM on 04/26/12
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
Although I do agree with you - I'm fucking sick of all the government handouts. It's not even aid at this point, people rely on it. I'm sick of freeloaders.

Anyway, I hope you weren't gearing the original comment at me because that's certainly not what I was getting at.
No I hate freeloaders too. Every day I see people asking for money only to see them at the end of the day get into a car to go home. They ask me for change and when I say I'm a struggling college student working 30+ hours and going to school and doing an internship with barely any free time AND trying to pay for myself, all I can give you is a couple quarters. They always complain that it's not enough. Like you said, people are now dependent on it in order to survive but that is what they want us all to do is need gov assistance.
09:30 AM on 04/26/12
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
Nope not really.

But out of the kindness of my heart, I occasionally do for the clearly less fortunate. Bless
Sure Father Teresa. Thanks, you are too kind
09:38 AM on 04/26/12
honestykills
User Info.
09:44 AM on 04/26/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
The most approachable President in history. Our generation should appreciate this more than they do. that being said, I thought this was funnier than I originally expected it to be. But every time I ever see jimmy fallon I can't help but think of the song Idiot Boyfriend. Every. Time. If you don't know what i'm referring to, youtube it.
09:46 AM on 04/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
No I hate freeloaders too. Every day I see people asking for money only to see them at the end of the day get into a car to go home. They ask me for change and when I say I'm a struggling college student working 30+ hours and going to school and doing an internship with barely any free time AND trying to pay for myself, all I can give you is a couple quarters. They always complain that it's not enough. Like you said, people are now dependent on it in order to survive but that is what they want us all to do is need gov assistance.

Exactly. This is why I'm a staunch moderate. There are issues on both sides I don't agree with
10:16 AM on 04/26/12
Aziraphale
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just figured I'd weigh in, not that it's worth much:

The video is quite cool. I applaud Obama for being one of the more personable and down-to-earth presidents we've had in a while. He's an outstanding public speaker and international diplomat. In that regard, I think he's the finest this country has seen in my short 25 years.

That's just about where my praise ends, however. His vision of government has and continually plans to reduce civil liberties. I'm generally disgusted by Romney as well. I agree more closely with Ron Paul's views to reduce government and restore facets of the constitution which have been lost over the past two decades, however I do not feel he is electable as the leader of the free world.

Obama has made some incremental victories which I can appreciate, but if it comes down to Obama v. Romney in 2012 (which appears obvious), I'll side with Romney and the republicans to protect 2nd Amendment rights.
10:41 AM on 04/26/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
PIG DESTROYER is consistently the worst poster on this site
10:50 AM on 04/26/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I've seen the exact same chart. I've also seen several others that say completely different things. The media bends facts for their own agenda. You'll agree with that one, I'll agree with mine. We'll just have to agree to disagree on how accurate either chart is.
The numbers come from the CBO, which is non-partisan, and not a media entity.

And again man, clearly nobody is reading my main point here- I was never trying to start an "OBAMA SUCKS!" "OBAMA RULES!" argument- I was merely trying to get some support behind my feeling that until a president has proven himself to the majority of the country as doing a good job/delivering on his promises, he shouldn't be on TV making jokes.
But that ignores a large portion of what his job is ... which is what I was trying to point out.

Clearly, I am in the extreme minority on this thought, and that scares me. I guess you all would be fine with your employees goofing off before they finish their jobs. I wouldn't. I'd fire them.
Depends on what the employees' job is -- an outside salesman having a few beers while trying to talk someone into buying something, is doing his job ... even though to an outside eye it looks like he's slacking off. The President going on TV in an effort to continue his agenda, is a part of his job.

Ok, nevermind, you did see my point. I read your replies backwards.

I see what you're saying. It makes sense. I just don't like that part of the job and feel like until one part of the job is done much better, the other part (the more fun part) shouldn't even be considered. I feel like while campaigning, it's all promises and I'M GOING TO DO THIS! and then as soon as they're sitting in the oval office, it becomes more like "well... maybe I'll do that." And again, I feel this way about EVERY president we've ever had. Don't make a promise if you can't deliver. And don't ask for 4 more years if you haven't done what you said you'd do in the first 4.

I'd feel a lot more confident in my president if he, when asked why he wasn't making any television promises or campaigning, replied with "because I haven't finished what I've set out to do yet, and frankly, I have a lot more to do before I would even feel comfortable asking for your vote to keep me here for 4 more years."
This would make sense if we were a monarchy and one man could make all the decisions ... however, in our political system it doesn't work that way. And one of the ways to get your agenda accomplished is to sell it to the populace.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests